Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Glasgow Celtic Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2008/09

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Blackjack

Eirebear wrote: »
    I think he was meaning that we still owe Hibs and Burnley money for deals in the past...

Have to say I did not even know about that TBH....from Whitaker perhaps?.

Hey, EB, where the F***'s our Money??

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Dempsey wrote: »
    Kilmarnock will get 20% of any fee in the Boyd transfer, thats a another kick in the stones for ye too.

Any more on the rumour that its off?

Yeah seemingly thats why we held out for an extra few hundred thousand....arent we smart!:rolleyes:
    Nah, its just hearsay really, SSN reporting that the deal has stalled though it seems.
    Blackjack wrote: »
    Have to say I did not even know about that TBH....from Whitaker perhaps?.

Hey, EB, where the F***'s our Money??

;)

I would guess its whittaker too....dont suppose you want him back?! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

Yeah seemingly thats why we held out for an extra few hundred thousand....arent we smart!:rolleyes:
    Nah, its just hearsay really, SSN reporting that the deal has stalled though it seems.

Yes please please please take him :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Blackjack

Maybe on Loan, for Free or something. Was a bit surprised we got 2 Million for him, he was good, but not 2 Million worth in all reality.

I suppose the Hibees team at the time was thriving, had some class players with Murphy (an absolute class act as far as I'm concerned), Brown, Thompson and O'Connor for a while, Sproule to a lesser extent. Was easier for Whitty to shine in that squad methinks.

We got lots of money and a Training Complex from that squad, so not a bad deal for us in all fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

0-1 tbh:D

Late comment but here it goes,my post on 18.12.:D

Next time dont make fun of me,i know what i am saying:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭jimmyboy

I could be wrong with Hibs.
    I'm pretty sure a percentage of the the next sale was part of the Klye Lafferty deal(Burnley)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Boyd to Birmingham deal is off. I'd post a disappointed smiley but then it looks like I'm worried if he stays. ;)

eirebhoy wrote: »
    Boyd to Birmingham deal is off. I'd post a disappointed smiley but then it looks like I'm worried if he stays. ;)

He wont stay, hell be off to someone else before January is out

Celtic 0-1 Dundee :eek:

Seemingly Boruc done himself proud again :pac::pac:

1-1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭tetsujin1979

2-1.
    Welcome back, Aiden McGeady!

Not quite a lot of time for Rangers snakes to be happy,all in order till HT:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

Not quite a lot of time for Rangers snakes to be happy,all in order till HT:D

Yeah, i was delighted that Dundee were winning....hisssssss. :rolleyes:

Yeah, i was delighted that Dundee were winning....hisssssss. :rolleyes:

I didnt say anything to you,your problem if you found your self in "Rangers snakes":D:P

I didnt say anything to you,your problem if you found your self in "Rangers snakes":D:P

Dear God lighten up you have posted enough on here to know EB is a Ger and he was having a laugh

Dear God lighten up you have posted enough on here to know EB is a Ger and he was having a laugh

I think DS's humour is a little different from the rest of us at times, its not his fault though hes a busy man keeping up with the 100 or so teams he supports :P

I think DS's humour is a little different from the rest of us at times, its not his fault though hes a busy man keeping up with the 100 or so teams he supports :P

STFU both of ya:cool:

*takes the gun out*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭poindexter

bi5k0n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭younge

Here poindexter, delete that pic will ya. I'd much rather not have to look at a hun top when I log on to a Celtic forum.

younge wrote: »
    Here poindexter, delete that pic will ya. I'd much rather not have to look at a hun top when I log on to a Celtic forum.
    Very rarely is this smiley more called for....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Aw didums :p:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

We have had this before and Hun is a derogatory term and not allowed.

This is not a Celtic forum.

motivator7509892.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

zenith-rangers.jpg

riotmain_488741a.jpg

rangers-zenith-incidents_diaporama.jpg

a_riot_6.jpg

At least we played attacking/proper football and were able to behave ourselves

:pac:

• Advertisement

First one fine, but c'mon...were the rest really called for?

If you want to throw salt in wounds, be expecting the same back and some vinegar with it :D

If you want to throw salt in wounds, be expecting the same back and some vinegar with it :D

I think youll find that the salt was a retaliation for earlier injuries! ;)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

First one fine, but c'mon...were the rest really called for?

In fairness, I could see that one coming a mile off as soon as I saw your pic.... :D

Celtic interested in serbian defence player from Werder,Dusko Tosic,press says they are ready to pay 2,5mil for the transfer

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Celtic interested in serbian defence player from Werder,Dusko Tosic,press says they are ready to pay 2,5mil for the transfer

It just has to be asked - is he a left-back? :D And is he better than gash?

Yes,LB,not something special,average by my opinion,9 games played for Serbia,1 goal,Hertha wants him too

I think youll find that the salt was a retaliation for earlier injuries! ;)

Sorry, I couldn't handle Victor Baia's celebration considering that his theatrics that night were a crime to football much like Rangers run in Europe last season :pac:

Sorry, I couldn't handle Victor Baia's celebration considering that his theatrics that night were a crime to football much like Rangers run in Europe last season :pac:

lol, nothing compared to some of Bobo Balde's "Tackles" that season! ;)

i suppose it depends on who you ask eirebear

25zqk90.jpg

Can you see a happy h... I mean Rangers fan. :P

Nah....doesnt always work for him either ;)

80878795.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF193CE41B024AE96D64D7BC878D8B59DD78B5A5397277B4DC33E

Yes,LB,not something special,average by my opinion,9 games played for Serbia,1 goal,Hertha wants him too
    any links to this mate?

poindexter wrote: »
    any links to this mate?

Only in serbian,maybe someone can try to find it in english,i only see theres a thread on celtics forum about it

Only in serbian,maybe someone can try to find it in english,i only see theres a thread on celtics forum about it
    where??

• Advertisement

poindexter wrote: »
    thats from July mate. cheers tho :)

i know it is,but its active again,thats what i am talking about,i just cant find link in english,but 2 days ago there was a news about it in our press,anyway who knows whats gonna happen coz Hertha wants him to and i think he would rather stay in Germany anyway

Today's rumour is Ched Evans from City:
    http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/article2133388.ece

I know, I know, it's the Sun... :o but what the heck!

Anyone know much about him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Anyone any idea what date has been set for the Scottish Cup Final this year??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

30th May.

PauloMN wrote: »
    Today's rumour is Ched Evans from City:
    He was linked last week. :) Keep an eye on the Evening Times every day for the rumours.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport
    CELTIC remain confident they can land Hungarian winger Szabolcs Huszti in the summer - even though Hannover 96 have offered him a new deal.

The 25-year-old is a free agent at the end of the season, and the German club want to speak to him about the new contract which has been on the table since May.

Hannover are aware of Celtic's strong interest and President Martin Kind will travel to the club's winter training camp to put their case to Huszti.

Club boss Dieter Hecking said: "We're not out of the race and will speak to Szabi again."

Celtic do not believe they need to bring in Huszti in this window, and are content to wait until the summer to snap him up on a Bosman.

Ched Evans also remains on the club's radar, and the striker - along with Manchester City club-mate Javier Garrido - could be one of the loan players manager Gordon Strachan wants to add to his squad before this window closes.

New arrivals Milan Misun and Niall McGinn played for the reserves in a bounce game at Sunderland yesterday, which Celtic lost 1-0.

Darren O'Dea missed the chance to get 90 minutes under his belt as he had been feeling a tight hamstring. But the defender did manage to take part in training at Lennoxtown.

Sitting it out were full backs Andreas Hinkel and Lee Naylor. Both were confined to working in the gym under the supervision of the medical team.

Hinkel is still feeling the effects of the rib he fractured in training on December 26, while Naylor is once again suffering from back pain.

Both players will be monitored before a decision is made on their participation in Sunday's game at Aberdeen.

Chris Killen is also working his way back to fitness after recovering from a broken knee cap, and hopes to be back in full training within a couple of weeks.

That Sun article says Sharbini isn't on Celtic's radar. That's rubbish. There's quotes from Sharbini and his manager in a Croatian paper saying Strachan has been in contact and he's sending scouts over.

Here's Bilic's thoughs:
    http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/79993/Croatia-boss-tells-Celts-Sharbini-is-a-steal-at-3m

Sounds good.

A guy on KDS who I'm 110% knows a certain Man City player says we're trying to sign Gelson Fernandes and Javier Garrido.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Well lads, whats a decent travel agent to use for the Celtic games? Can only find http://www.holidaysonline.ie/sports/index.asp?team=Glasgow%20Celtic&aff=

thanks

• Advertisement

Trilla wrote: »
    Well lads, whats a decent travel agent to use for the Celtic games? Can only find http://www.holidaysonline.ie/sports/index.asp?team=Glasgow%20Celtic&aff=

thanks

I used these once:
    http://www.celtichorizontours.com/celtichorizon/Main/Home.asp

but it's better (cheaper) to fly there and back in the one day, and get your ticket via the ticket office (online).

Mix and match the flights to suit. Maybe Ryanair out to Prestwick and Aer Lingus back from Glasgow. Other than CL games or Rangers games, you'll get tickets no problem (even CL games were easy enough to get tickets for this season I believe - recession has its positives!).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement