Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Glasgow Celtic Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2008/09

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Graham Carey is gone on loan to Bohs till the summer, Strachan has also offered him a contract extension, anyone know is he any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

Finally we can agree on something :p

I blame myself for rising to your bait I wont make that mistake again as your quite clearly a WUM

I would have expected an apology. You clearly misunderstood what I said about some Celtic players. This is clear to see for everyone reading the forum! You could be a man and admit this, or better still you could take the easy way out and go on the attack and accuse me of being a WUM..! That would be easier wouldn't it rather than take responsibility for your own interpretative failings??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

bohsman wrote: »
    Graham Carey is gone on loan to Bohs till the summer, Strachan has also offered him a contract extension, anyone know is he any good?

Very good move for Bohs I would have thought, he's a midfielder been at the club a few years now would have been in or around the same team underage as Cillian Sheridan, think he was actually called up to the Ireland u-21 squad recently aswell could be mistaken on that though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

nice one, yea, he has an u21 cap alright. From what I hear he can play left back, left wing or upfront, we're lightest at left back so Id say thats where hes most likely to play if theres no injuries unless hes used as a pacey impact sub upfront like Kalonas was last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

bohsman wrote: »
    He was only really about the start breaking into the reserve team squad in recent weeks so that's an interesting one. Not often you'll get an U19 player going out on loan. I've only seen him come off the bench for the reserves and Ireland U21s and he's a wide player who likes to take players on. No idea what standard he's at.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Good to see Crosas play 75 minutes of a reserve game and score, we need him to stay fit for the next 3 months or so also Paddy McCort must be near getting a game as we aren't really creating loads of chances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Celtic have begun talks with Red Bull Salzberg's Marc Janko and Egyptian midfielder Shikabala in a bid to land the duo in a £6m summer swoop. (Daily Express, Daily Star)

Portuguese winger Eliseu is ready to discuss a summer switch to Celtic. The Malaga ace has admitted he could move to Glasgow at the end of the season. (The Sun)

Heard of Janko but not much of the others. TBH, even Janko could be a one season wonder

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/r/rangers/7915164.stm

Celtic win this season then watch the Rangers fire sale

Simon Ferry has been injured pretty much since the U19 European Championships Final in 2006. He was very highly at Celtic and Alan Thompson picked him out as the one to watch. He's only getting back from his latest injury and came off the bench for the reserves for his first appearance in a while. He's in the squad now for tomorrow's game.

Strachan:
    "Young Simon Ferry has been out for three years, but he trained with us yesterday and was truly magnificent and will be in the squad tomorrow.

"If you asked Simon last week where he thought his future was, it wasn't going too far.

"But this week he has trained with the first team, he has been absolutely sensational. And, because of that, he gets into the first team squad."

Why am I so successful as a coach? I don’t see myself as successful. I have a problem with talking about I and me. I just feel part of a successful group of players. I am just a small part in that, so I never think I am successful. I think along with the people around me and I enjoy the successes we have, but I never think of me being the successful one.

This is my job. Once you get your coaching badge, it’s like taking an oath, just like when you become a doctor. When you become a doctor, you take an oath that you will make people better. When you become a coach, you take an oath that you will make football players better. As a coach, it’s not about you. You will get better in the job over the years, you’ll get more knowledge, but it is not my goal to make myself a better coach. My most important goal is to make the players better. I want to be a coach that lets people experience the excitement I felt when I was a player. Feel the joy I felt when I won trophies. So basically I am there for the players and my enjoyment comes from watching players being successful and improving themselves.

Why Celtic is so successful? I don’t analyse that much, but I would say we have the best group of players. It is as simple as that and I think people just score goals, every season we have players scoring goals. Last year, Jan Vennegoor and McDonald together scored 50 goals and that’s basically it. We give them a platform, we play a system that give chances to people like them and they give us back 50 goals.

I don’t have a plan as a coach. I don’t have the plan to be the coach of Manchester United in the future, my life is open. I think that is better than to plan everything, because you never know where you will end up. I never planned to be a Manchester United player, but I did end up there. I never planned to be the Celtic coach and here I am sitting being the coach.

I can’t teach players everything. I can teach them about winning games, I can make them understand the system. But I can’t help them pass the ball anymore. When you come to this level, you either can pass the ball or you can’t. I can work on getting people in the correct position, but if you are 29 and you keep giving the ball away, I can’t do anything about that. What can you do if everybody is in perfect position and somebody can’t pass the ball 15 yards? That is a waste of time. So what comes first, the system or the ability to pass the ball? Of course, it is the ability to pass the ball. You can put Paul Scholes anywhere on the pitch; he will never give the ball away.

He is always looking forward, always. Ferguson teaches players that after three square passes, it must go forward. He doesn’t want square-square-square-back-back-back. And basically he is saying: I always want you to look forward. How do you get that forward pass of 10, 20 yards to eliminate the midfield of the opponent? Paul Scholes can do that.

But whatever system is used, systems don’t win you games. Players win you games. A system can help you not to lose a game, but players will help you win a game. For example, if you take the match we played last night. The system did not beat us last night, the passing beat us. Just the ability to pass the ball properly beat us. In the first half we had 18 unforced errors in our passing, and that means we gave the ball away while there was no pressure. Those 18 bad passes lost us 8 minutes of possession and that’s what cost us the game last night.

I saw the same at the European Championship. There was so much talk about the systems. But what I see: no matter what happens, when defending, they all defend 4-5-1. There were variations when you have the ball, but they all defend that way. But there is no one system that will let you win that tournament. Players will. So again, systems can stop you from conceding goals, but good players score you goals.

My role is to understand why we play that system. That is the coaching side of my job. But on the other side there is also a managing side. I like coaching, but you also have to make a group of players. Our team that played last night cost 8 million pound, the Tottenham squad cost 125 million. If you play the better teams in Europe, you know you can beat them 1 out of 10 matches. You have to make sure your organization is as strong as possible by preparing your team as well as possible. Furthermore, you can beat such a team with team spirit. The technical ability can only be there when you also have the team spirit at that level and that’s where we can beat that team. If you are not as technical as the other team, you have to compensate. My job as a coach is to make them feel comfortable with each other. In other words: to create team spirit.

In this process I didn’t encounter a lot of problems. If I had encountered a destructive player in the group I would say: you are a good player, but you are affecting other people. We watch this very closely and you have to treat players properly. I’m like a father for them. I can speak to them like a child while there is a fire. I can say: please don’t go near the fire, otherwise you will get burned. But if they keep going towards it, they have a problem and sometimes as a coach you have to be ruthless. I don’t enjoy it, but you have to do that. You hope that if you treat them properly you will get the same back. But sometimes you have to take action, but not too often luckily.

As a coach, there is quite a difference between Coventry and Southampton and coaching here. When I was at Coventry and Southampton, 70 percent of my coaching was how to stop the opponent, because we were playing high level teams like Liverpool, Chelsea and Manchester. How can I stop Roy Keane or Paul Scholes getting the ball so often? Now at Celtic, it is different as I now have to think about how we can beat systems that try to stop us from scoring goals. It is the other way around. I now have to break down systems, at Coventry and Southampton I had a system that was hard to beat. It took me three weeks at Celtic to think the Celtic way. I enjoy both, but they are two completely different preparations.

If I watch an opponent play in the week before they play against Celtic, I can forget about the way that team played in that match, because next week they will do something different, because we are Celtic. They will look at Celtic and think: how can we stop Celtic’s way of playing? And I understand that completely, because I did the same when I was coaching at Coventry and Southampton. I’ve been there too. I know coaches with less money than Celtic have to work very hard and don’t be disappointed or have the arrogance to say: everybody should play like us. No they don’t because that coach has to keep his job. If he wants to get better he should keep his job for 4 to 5 years. They have to learn how not to get beat and that man has to make a living for his family as well.

The longer you stay in the game as a manager, the more you’ll learn and that means you will be able to survive. If you get through the first 4 to 5 years as a coach you normally go on. If you lose three jobs in three years, you usually don’t. It is as hard as that, because it’s a job everyone wants to do. I also found the first three years at Coventry very hard and when you get beaten, you can lose the belief in yourself sometimes. Every coach has experienced that at some point. Every coach thinks he is the only one that has that doubt, but he isn’t. We have all had our darkest moment.

The more good players there are on the pitch, the less coaching you have to do. There is absolutely no doubt about that. You can feel at once when good players are on the pitch, at once. You can tell other players over and over again what they should do, but they keep making the same mistakes and after a certain time you know they will never get any better. You explain it to them and they forget. But good players pick up things. Nakamura does not speak English, but he picks up everything you explain. The better players I’ve got, the better manager I become.

But it is funny. Just listen to the coaches after a match. When their team won, they say: who choose the right tactics. But look at a team that was beaten: the players were bad today. So when the team wins, it is the coach and when the team loses it is the players. But basically it is always the players. Whether you win or lose. You as a coach can get all the players in the right positions, but they still need to have the ability to pass the ball and it is not that difficult ball I am talking about. That is not what makes a great player; it is the basic 10 to 15 yard passing. You don’t want games where you lose the ball in the middle of the park. The ball that gives you the most problems are the passes of 10 yards that look easy. They get intercepted and you have a very dangerous counter attack. Most people think: that is an easy pass, so I can relax. The long pass, the diagonal ones, are no big problem. But you need to do those passes to break down defenses.

My problem at Celtic is that I hardly have time to coach as we play so many games, 2 to 3 games a week; it is always trying to reactivate them for the next game. The other problem is that everybody wants to beat Celtic. Every ground we go is full. I know the system will be different and the players will be different, because they are playing Celtic. It’s wearing for the players as there is a physical limit for a player, there is also a mental limit.

You have to deal with that as a Celtic Player. A player we signed last year didn’t realise what Celtic was all about, because every game has to be won. If you concede a goal, there is a crisis in Glasgow. Sack the manager, because there were shots on goal. The same holds for players: one bad pass and you could be in trouble. You have to deal with that.

I like the way Manchester United plays: 4-4-2. However, you have different sorts of 4-4-2 you can play. You can manipulate that. You can play with two players up front, but you can also play with two strikers where one of the two is a beneath striker. You can play with players coming off the wing, etc. The United way is the way I would like to play, but unfortunately it is not possible with our group of players and that is what you have to do as a coach. I just look at my players to see what we can accomplish but we always sign to get better. But I think every coach does. Alex Ferguson also tries to get his team better. To make a team that can win the Champions League three times in a row. But never sign an emotional defender because they will start tackling, get sent off, give away penalties and give away free kicks just outside the box if they get emotional. They can’t stay focused, they can’t stay above the things that happen.

At Celtic we try to pass the ball and try to get energy into a game. I like the players to be fit, because I think there is a psychological advantage when you know that you are fitter than the other team and that’s a really big advantage. If I have to play against you and I know you are fitter, I am already weakened. That’s what happens. I make them fit, so whatever ability they have, they can use it for longer in a game because if you get tired, your body gets tired, your brain gets tired and when your brain sends tired signals to your legs you can’t do what you want to do, because you are tired. That is the reason why so many defenders dive into tackles in the last 5 minutes because they are tired. They can’t stay on their feet anymore. Last season we scored 20 goals in the last 15 minutes, but we conceded only 2 goals. That period is the most important period for us to win the championship, because they are fit, they know they are fit and they believe they are fit. They can dribble longer, they can do everything longer.

I think that hard running and work can build a character. When I was at Manchester United, Alex Ferguson was doing running exercises to test your character. He wanted to see who mentally stopped before the body did. He could tell when somebody’s body had enough. So if someone stopped before that, it meant the body went first, not the mind. If you see the mind go first, you have a problem. Because it is the mind that has to play on the football pitch, that’s why you make people mentally stronger and if you train them physically, you will make them mentally stronger. That physical weapon is a mental weapon. If you are fitter than the team you are playing against, you are 1-0 up already. You know that and the other team knows that. I think the stuff Alex Ferguson taught me when I was a young man is still relevant today. He knows how to make people mentally stronger. It worked on me and it worked on other people. He did show me that making somebody physically stronger makes him mentally stronger. I know that is a fact.

Football nowadays, here in Britain, is at its best. It is better now than it has ever been. Athletes are better and quicker, everything is getting better. So I don’t believe in people saying that the 60s were so good. And in the 80s there was some terrible football, especially here in Britain. But it is much better now. The back pass rule has made room for footballers. Ten years before the back pass coaches were taking shortcuts. But look at Leeds United, they won the championship, they changed the back pass rule and the year after that they are at the bottom of the league. Because the back 4 could not play football and that was a problem. The game is better now because of that rule and it is the best rule change in my time.

Sometimes people in Britain say we should play more like the Dutch or the Spanish or the Italians. But those are different cultures. I can set up a box of 10 by 10 meters and let the Dutch play in it and I make a similar box and let Scottish players play football in it. In the Scottish box it will be like piranhas and in the Dutch box you will see them passing the ball around. That is a difference in culture. So we have to find a system that suits our style of play, our culture, because if you go to Spain, people take an hour and a half to eat their meal at night whereas the Scots will take only 10 minutes. We speak quickly, we walk quickly; everything is done quickly. For example, I like golf and I get the ball and hit it and everybody says to me: you need to slow down, but that doesn’t work. I met this golf coach and he said, “I watched you play football for 20 years and I know you can’t slow down”. I need to find you a club that suits your swing. You can’t change a culture. We can’t behave in a way that’s not the way we are. So you have to play a system that suits your culture. You can’t just copy the Dutch.

When I was the coach of Coventry I got involved in everything, so also in the youth development. I was a new manager and I wanted to get involved in everything. At Southampton I just helped and now I don’t have much to do anymore with the youth development. I think it is a different world. Have your plans, but don’t chop and change. I will help if they need my help, but you have to get on with it.

If I had a say in it, I would let people rotate positions a lot. If I need a right back, you’ll get a young player who has played there his whole life. He always had the pitch on his left, so he has no experience or vision if the ball comes from the other side. I believe they should play in different positions. Just like volleyball, where they change all the time. Play ten minutes and then change positions. That way everybody gets a part of everything. That guy who plays right back, should know how a striker plays. He should be able to deal with an opponent from the other side. That player has not developed vision on his right side. They don’t know what it is like to come this way. They don’t know what it is like to come towards the goal, play a 1-2. They all have the mentality of a right back. This happens with all the players. They never played anywhere else since they were 8. So the striker does not understand what the midfield player wants. Players should understand every position on every part of the pitch. That will help them in the future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

quite a result there today for you lads....makes things all the tighter.

7 goals and still none from JVoH though, as well as a missed penalty..his confidence must be hitting rock bottom by now?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Eirebear wrote: »
    quite a result there today for you lads....makes things all the tighter.

7 goals and still none from JVoH though, as well as a missed penalty..his confidence must be hitting rock bottom by now?

Meh. Just glad to pull back 6 on the goal difference.

Didn't see the game so can't comment on it, but the thing that stands out is strikers not scoring again, and at home against a 10-man St. Mirren that is worrying.

PauloMN wrote: »
    Meh. Just glad to pull back 6 on the goal difference.

Didn't see the game so can't comment on it, but the thing that stands out is strikers not scoring again, and at home against a 10-man St. Mirren that is worrying.

i only got the first half on the radio, so im pretty much going the same way as you on this one.

it does mean this season is gonna have an exciting run in by the looks of things though.

The goal difference and goals scored could very easily even themselves out over the course of the next few weeks.

I must say though it has put a new light on games, for me anyway, i was really excited about todays games and thats only going to get better the tighter it gets.

May the best team win!
    (Or at least the team in blue!) :D

Good to see what a midfield of Brown, Crosas, Naka and McGeady is capable of.

Naka is Celtic's player of February without a shadow of a doubt.

And this pic just for Eze to show how much Crosas is appreciated. :)

2j5xu9y.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

CROSSSSASSSSS! What a strike, just saw the highlights there (heard he scored a similar one in the reserves a few days ago). It'd be fair to say Celtic look a better team when plays for ye. Really glad for him, hopefully he'll go on to be as big as Fabregas in the next few seasons, I really rate him.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭tetsujin1979

Crosas's goal for the reserves is here: http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/2143460/
    Absolutely savage finish!

Crosas's goal for the reserves is here: http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/2143460/
    Absolutely savage finish!
    Yeh that's as tough a strike to pull off as they come. World class technique.

Strachan said after the match that they're easing Crosas into playing regular 90 minutes. He said he would have played against St Mirren but the pitch wouldn't have suited him. He was man of the match on a disgraceful Hampden pitch so I don't really agree with Strachan there.

Great result for Celtic, and thats why they are strong favourites for league. Goal difference advantage for Rangers gone, four goals is nothing. The natives might ease off Strachan now!

• Advertisement

Brewster wrote: »
    The natives might ease off Strachan now!
    We knew Celtic are capable of playing that type of football. That's been the problem. If all Celtic had and could afford was the Hartley's and Robson's then I'd have no problem with Strachan with the terrible football being played for most of this season. But it's up to him to get those excellent midfielders playing excellent football. Hopefully they keep it up for the rest of the season.

Rangers help GAA search for sporting converts in Glasgow

Independent.ie WebSearch By Brian McDonald

Monday March 02 2009

IT'S probably the last place on earth that you would expect to find Gaelic games being promoted.

But Glasgow Rangers are now helping the GAA to promote the nationalist sports of Gaelic football and hurling.

The rivalry in Glasgow between the traditionally Protestant Rangers and Catholic Celtic has been among the most bitter in the sporting world for the last 120 years.

Both clubs have made serious efforts in recent years to stamp out the sectarianism that too often has been a blight on the clashes between the blue and green halves of Glasgow.

And both clubs have signed up to the Sense Over Sectarianism campaign in an attempt to break down the religious barriers.

But in a move that would have been unthinkable 10 years ago, Rangers are helping the GAA spread the Gaelic games and hurling gospel across Britain.

The GAA's outgoing president in Britain, John Gormley, said: "It would have been unthinkable a few years ago, but it is happening and it is working.

"It is a way for Rangers to help get rid of sectarianism and it is opening up a whole new area to the GAA".

Rangers have an extensive network of community workers across Glasgow and access to these areas has been granted to the GAA officers by the club.

Now some youngsters in Scotland's biggest city are being taught football and hurling as well as soccer and other sports.

Mr Gormley said GAA officers were working across the UK. He said: "In Cardiff, one school has replaced rugby with Gaelic football as its primary sport. The work of the games development administrators is opening the GAA up to a whole new generation

WTF?

The GAA in bed with "foreign sports"? Whatever next?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

WTF?

The GAA in bed with "foreign sports"? Whatever next?

It's a "thank you" for letting God Save The Queen be aired in Croker. ;)

Exactly how are they helping? What does this:
    Rangers have an extensive network of community workers across Glasgow and access to these areas has been granted to the GAA officers by the club.

really mean?

really mean?
    LOL! :D

I'm not entirely sure.

Both clubs now have community outreach workers who go to the schools etc and educate kids in a range of subjects including religious/racial tolerance and the likes.
    My guess would be that the GAA will now send someone along with these workers for a session or two to talk to kids about Gaelic Games?

really mean?

Look who knows what it means on the ground, however, it seems positive anyway and as such should be applauded...

So Rangers are promoting another sport...does that mean that the GAA is going to start promoting Rangers around schools in Ireland? :pac:

Dempsey wrote: »
    So Rangers are promoting another sport...does that mean that the GAA is going to start promoting Rangers around schools in Ireland? :pac:

it would only be fair now wouldnt it? :p

Looks like that actually might be the case.
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2009/0302/1224242084065.html
    A Co Meath primary school, St Michael’s CBS in Trim, has become the first schools Gaelic football team from Ireland to attend a Rangers league match.

The school, which was taking part in an international school exchange supported by Glasgow city council, the club and an anti-sectarian group, were joined by children from schools in Glasgow.

• Advertisement

Thats great, I remember reading about this somewhere before...

This happens on a regular basis, and is nothing but scandalisation of the story IMO.

In fact the guy who runs the Academy for this kind of thing at Ibrox is a donegal man, and a celtic fan.

My wee brothers school went on a trip to both parkhead and ibrox as part of one of the cross border initiatives a few years back.

I wish the press would report this side of things in a more correct manner, instead of trying to create some kind of outrage about it.

both clubs recieved an award and recognition from the EU a couple of years ago for this work...was it reported? was it ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭poindexter

In fairness, the huddleboard is full of idiots

If you sack a 3 in a row manger now, you might as well pay for the taxi fare for the trophy to ibrox aswell
    please do elaborate on this?? am guessing that you have been on there, so making yourself an idiot too. if not, why such a statement?? maybe you're a member on celtic minded, even kds?????

fans wi passion and not into bowing to the pc brigade are idiots :rolleyes:

poindexter wrote: »
    please do elaborate on this?? am guessing that you have been on there, so making yourself an idiot too. if not, why such a statement?? maybe you're a member on celtic minded, even kds?????

fans wi passion and not into bowing to the pc brigade are idiots :rolleyes:

I'm not a member but the poll posted in this thread led me to the conclusion or did you agree with the poll?

I've seen the results of other polls posted too and there was some ridiculous results of those too.

Also they've gotten into trouble for various offensive splash screens and content on their site.

Also they've gotten into trouble for various offensive splash screens and content on their site.

That would be where the "Not bowing to the PC brigade" comes in.

We have them on our forums too, everything that goes against the bigoted, sectarian routines is "The PC brigade".

We all have our dinosaurs Dempsey, dont let them worry you too much

I know people were mad at Kevin Thomson's diving during an OF match and subsequent stretching off to add to the simulation (I was pissed off too) but having a picture him on the ground in pain with that knee injury and the caption "Karma's a bitch" or something similar.

I'd like to see the sneak suffer some form of humilation for his unsporting conduct on the field but laughing a serious career threatening injury is too far me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,363 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Ye big softie :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭poindexter

I'm not a member but the poll posted in this thread led me to the conclusion or did you agree with the poll?

I've seen the results of other polls posted too and there was some ridiculous results of those too.

I know people were mad at Kevin Thomson's diving during an OF match and subsequent stretching off to add to the simulation (I was pissed off too) but having a picture him on the ground in pain with that knee injury and the caption "Karma's a bitch" or something similar.

I'd like to see the sneak suffer some form of humilation for his unsporting conduct on the field but laughing a serious career threatening injury is too far me.
    it's not a site, it's a public forum. because you don't agree with results of a poll then the whole forum is full of idiots?? every forum is open to criticism if someone doesn't agree with what goes on on it. things get said on there that are over the top, same that can happen anywhere else. what else were 'they' in trouble for??

thomsons' dive, looking for the defender to be booked when in reality he shoulda got a 2nd yellow, his wee look up to see what was going on wi the smile on his face, then bein stretchered off was far from fair play, but as thats how he played it then i'd have to say karma is a bitch. i always seen him making a positive difference to their team and like to see players like that, but when they resort to that then thelittle respect i have for them goes.

mon teh hupes tonight, intae this mob

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

It's looking really possible that Nakamura will stay on for next season, with Naka, Brown and Crosas in midfield and Maloney to come back in i think we could do resonably well in europe at least a good shout of last 16. Hartley is out of contract in the summer and Robson out of form and injured they could be moved on. Flood will be a very good back up also.

Just a reminder that tonight's game is on Setanta 1:
    http://www.livesportontv.com/football

I have a feeling we'll see a striker aside from Skippy scoring tonight. :eek: JVoH is suspended I've just read.

As all games from now, it's a must win to keep level on points with the dark side. Think we'll do it handy enough. Think they'll beat ICT, but only by a goal. Another 3 goals v Kilmarnock will do nicely thanks. ;)

This happens on a regular basis, and is nothing but scandalisation of the story IMO.

In fact the guy who runs the Academy for this kind of thing at Ibrox is a donegal man, and a celtic fan.

My wee brothers school went on a trip to both parkhead and ibrox as part of one of the cross border initiatives a few years back.

I wish the press would report this side of things in a more correct manner, instead of trying to create some kind of outrage about it.

both clubs recieved an award and recognition from the EU a couple of years ago for this work...was it reported? was it ****.

In fairness EB, I don't think they scandalised it. It's just that the GAA promoting Rangers FC makes for more interesting reading than a bunch of school kids going to matches on "the other side".

That's the way the media works, nothing unusual about it.

• Advertisement

poindexter wrote: »
    it's not a site, it's a public forum. because you don't agree with results of a poll then the whole forum is full of idiots?? every forum is open to criticism if someone doesn't agree with what goes on on it. things get said on there that are over the top, same that can happen anywhere else. what else were 'they' in trouble for??

thomsons' dive, looking for the defender to be booked when in reality he shoulda got a 2nd yellow, his wee look up to see what was going on wi the smile on his face, then bein stretchered off was far from fair play, but as thats how he played it then i'd have to say karma is a bitch. i always seen him making a positive difference to their team and like to see players like that, but when they resort to that then thelittle respect i have for them goes.

mon teh hupes tonight, intae this mob

Its a website thats operates like a closed shop rather than public forum. The purpose of this is to "protect" extreme opinions of idiots.

Never been on the Huddleboard myself, no idea what it is like. Had a look and I see you have to register to view. Here's the T&C:
    Free Huddleboard is the internet's largest and most successful independent forum and as such is obviously a target for your average knuckledragging gormless hun, should you fall into this category may I suggest that you go play elsewhere (traffic would be nice!!) However, should you wish to continue, please note your consent to our rules is also acceptance of the following:

Celtic's victory in Lisbon 1967 is a feat that the huns will never eclipse; that Rankgers FC is a club founded on institutionalised bigotry and attracts society's rodents for their support; There is, not now, nor has there ever been, a good looking hun.

If you are a hack journalist and wish to blatantly copy text from Free Huddleboard we would very much appreciate it if you could at least mention the forum in your, no doubt, poorly written piece. Your acceptance of these rules is acknowledgement of your own lack of talent.

Free Huddleboard, once in possesion of your IP & email address has your permission to do whatever it wishes with them, including distribute them amongst it's members, if you do not wish this to be the case you should not continue with the registration.

Please note that the Huddleboard contains contents that are of an adult nature and should not be viewed by minors.

You'd want to be pretty daft to give those folks your email address and access to your IP.

Never been on the Huddleboard myself, no idea what it is like. Had a look and I see you have to register to view. Here's the T&C:

You'd want to be pretty daft to give those folks your email address and access to your IP.

boards.ie have your email address the ip address used to register and every ip used to post logged. Its a feature of vbulletin. I dunno why they'd want you to explicitly give it to them when its recorded at registration and when posting.

Free Huddleboard, once in possesion of your IP & email address has your permission to do whatever it wishes with them, including distribute them amongst it's members, if you do not wish this to be the case you should not continue with the registration

Wow....way to threaten your new members.....

boards.ie have your email address the ip address used to register and every ip used to post logged. Its a feature of vbulletin. I dunno why they'd want you to explicitly give it to them when its recorded at registration and when posting.

I know that, but they (boards.ie) don't boast about giving it out freely to everyone at a whim as part of their terms of use. The Huddleboard does.

I think thats what they are getting at Dempsey.

Basically what they are saying is:
    Once you register, we have your email and IP Address.
    We will do whatever we wish with your details.

Internet hardmen at their finest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭bmcgov86

looking forward to the game tonight, hoipefully we can built on saturdays game. anyone know hoe naylor is after coming off at the weekend? would be nice to see darren get a start altough we all no he's not a left back.

im going with my usual 2-0, mcdonald and mcgeady.

cmon the hoops

bmcgov86 wrote: »
    looking forward to the game tonight, hoipefully we can built on saturdays game. anyone know hoe naylor is after coming off at the weekend? would be nice to see darren get a start altough we all no he's not a left back.

im going with my usual 2-0, mcdonald and mcgeady.

cmon the hoops

Naylor not in squad according to this:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/scot_prem/7919288.stm

I have this mad feeling Samaras will score tonight. No, I haven't been drinking. :pac: I'll push the boat out and go 0-3, with McDonald, Samaras and Brown scoring.

Tempting Fate CSC

Killie 1-3 Celtic
    ICT1-2 Rangers

I think thats what they are getting at Dempsey.

Basically what they are saying is:
    Once you register, we have your email and IP Address.
    We will do whatever we wish with your details.

Internet hardmen at their finest.
    In fairness they're only trying to scare away and Rangers fans and media folk. That place used to be the number 1 spot for a bored journalist. There's been a few succesful pranks on the papers through that too. :) Anyway, I find it very easy to spot those on here that post on the hb. They're the pessimistic bastards. :D;)

Can't wait for tonight's game. I love when Celtic are playing midweek.

Sammy for Jan (suspended) should be the only change.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement