Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Glasgow Celtic Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2008/09

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Been on The Huddleboard for over six years. Best Celtic fans forum imo. Anything goes and great political discussions as well.

2m5mi2r.jpg

As I said, ****ing idiots. How many times have they been in the papers for stuff like this??

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

That's awful. Bunch of arseholes. You can't control what idiots post online, the problem is the club getting dragged into it. I know it's not an official site, but the fact that the club even get linked to these tools is bad news.

Is that the site on which Nacho Novo's address was posted on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,363 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

I fail to get worked up by some Sun hack with an account of the Huddleboard picking bits and pieces from the website. This, from a newspaper who have positively celebrated the deaths of others. Those guys on the HB will have to live with what they post just as guys down the pub will have to live with they say around a few pints.

PauloMN wrote: »
    That's awful. Bunch of arseholes. You can't control what idiots post online, the problem is the club getting dragged into it. I know it's not an official site, but the fact that the club even get linked to these tools is bad news.

Is that the site on which Nacho Novo's address was posted on?

AFAIK, yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Dempsey wrote: »
    2m5mi2r.jpg

As I said, ****ing idiots. How many times have they been in the papers for stuff like this??

I agree, there are some right w*ankers on there but they are definietely in a minority. Mind you, it smacks of hypocrosy for The Sun to be having a go over this. I'd much rather have a pint with a random huddler than a random Sun reader.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

To be fair, the whole article does state that the original posters where shot down in flames by the majority of replies.

........im off for a lie down after that.............

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

Eirebear wrote: »
    To be fair, the whole article does state that the original posters where shot down in flames by the majority of replies.

........im off for a lie down after that.............

Did that hurt son LoL :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭sligobhoy67

I agree, there are some right w*ankers on there but they are definietely in a minority. Mind you, it smacks of hypocrosy for The Sun to be having a go over this. I'd much rather have a pint with a random huddler than a random Sun reader.

Are you for real - the whole article is hypocritical bull****!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Are you for real - the whole article is hypocritical bull****!

Eh??? Thats what i said. Doesnt change the fact that are some **** on the HB. I don't really get your point tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭bmcgov86

really looking forward to Sunday now, hoping for a good game.

my brother has possibly got the greatest few sporting days coming up, he's heading to cheltenham tommorow, then scotland -v- ireland in murrayfield on saturday then over to hampton for the big one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Sponsorship boost for Celtic

Celtic have been boosted by a £25million windfall after their kit deal with Nike was extended for another five years.

The contract between the Parkhead club and Nike was due to expire at the end of June 2010 but will run on until 2015.

A statement released to the stock exchange this morning said: 'In return for the continued grant by Celtic to Nike of exclusive worldwide rights as official supplier of kit and certain ancillary products to Celtic Football Club, Nike will pay Celtic an annual fee plus royalties on Nike's sales of Celtic branded products, with additional bonus payments depending on football success.

'Based on performance during the current contract, fee and royalty income under the new arrangements are likely to be similar to the annual £5million royalty guarantee under the current contract.

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2009/0312/celtic.html

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Nike deal extended until 2015:
    http://www.sportinglife.com/football/scottishpremier/celtic/news/story_get.dor?STORY_NAME=soccer/09/03/12/SOCCER_Celtic.html&TEAMHD=celtic

I think that's great news given the current economic situation.

As regards Sunday, I'm wondering what the team will be. Will Crosas be dropped for Hartley (Eirebhoy spitting fire at that thought :D), will he go 4-5-1, will Robson play... hard to know really, but I suspect it'll be a blood 'n' guts lineup with either Hartley or Robson making an appearance at some point (or both).

All I want is a stiker to score, preferably a few times. ;) I'll take any win thanks very much. Can see it being 1-1 at full time actually. Hoops to clinch it in extra time.

redout wrote: »
    Sponsorship boost for Celtic

GotThereBeforeMe CSC :D

Well as for Sunday I will go 2-1 for Rangers though it could take extra time Novo and Lafferty to score for the Gers :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Will Crosas be dropped for Hartley (Eirebhoy spitting fire at that thought :D), will he go 4-5-1, will Robson play...
    I'll let him pick any team he wants after that shambles on Saturday. Haven't felt that depressed about a match since Aalborg and there's been quite a few terrible performances and results since. Just because I hadn't got Hartley to blame. That will shut me up for a while. :D Literally haven't been on a Celtic forum since Saturday. I really take this too hard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭poindexter

come on Celtic, intae this shower tomoro

No Bougherra for us today....HUGE loss.

2-0. Delighted with that win. Delighted for O'Dea as well. Thought Celtic deserved it overall, although Boruc had a couple of decent saves to make.

I thought Naka was exceptional today along with Scott Brown. They played really well. Caldwell was a surprise in midfield, and I which Strachan would quit with that experiment as I thought he was dodgy in there. Was like watching the old Caldwell again, was parping it everytime he had the ball. Hinkel was ok, but struggled a bit and seemed to slip half the time.

Samaras just doesn't work with McDonald. Would have preferred JVoH on instead. Samaras and McDonald seemed to just refuse to pass the ball to each other when one of them had it and the other was in a good spot.

Anyway, we can focus on the league now. Here's hoping today will be a confidence boost for the team. Still no goals from Samaras though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

I thought it was a very good game and could have went either way, Brown and Naka were just brillant all game and Loovens was solid at the back. Caldwell done ok but you always get a sense he is one pass away from totally messing up as he thinks he is Zidane when playing in midfield.

brilliant Celtic, i love it. thought it was gonna be one of them where we seemed to have most of the play and they would nick it at the end, but we stuck at it and got the deserved win. now to push on and win the league AGAIN :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Scott Brown was immense.

good start for Rangers against a tought hearts side today with lafferty scoring after 9mins.

Heres hoping we can capitalise....

good start for Rangers against a tought hearts side today with lafferty scoring after 9mins.

Heres hoping we can capitalise....

Ouch :D:D:D

Ahhhhhhh...i see what you did there!

• Advertisement

Rangers lose a 2-0 lead within about 5 minutes.

sums our team up this season really.

there you go lads, win tomorrow and your on easy street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

:D I think he meant "we" as in Celtic. You need to check that son of yours.... I think he's being assimilated. ;)

A win tomorrow and I'd be much more confident that we can retain the league. Will be very tough though, I'll go for a 1-1 draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

celtic 2-0 2moro......2 many times we havent capatilised on rangers slip ups and this is the time to change that.....god willing;)

• Advertisement

ziggy wrote: »
    I just bet all my money on sellik tomorrow.....im not sure wether i want to win or lose now!
    :D I think he meant "we" as in Celtic. You need to check that son of yours.... I think he's being assimilated. ;)

A win tomorrow and I'd be much more confident that we can retain the league. Will be very tough though, I'll go for a 1-1 draw.
    Aye right......on both counts! :D

Nah don't think there's any chance of that :D I f there was I would stop his pocket money for a month and straight to bed without any tea :eek:

come on then Celtic, make or break today......

the thanks for the gers up there was just for putting a smile on ma coupon :D

nooooo, my digi box is acting up and cant get seatanta sports 1. any recommendations on where to watch it, im on 'myp2p' but it keeps coming and going

bmcgov86 wrote: »
    nooooo, my digi box is acting up and cant get seatanta sports 1. any recommendations on where to watch it, im on 'myp2p' but it keeps coming and going
    you have mail:D

poindexter wrote: »
    you have mail:D

sound, got it on this tv ants thing. oh no they just scored again as i was writing this:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,363 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Why oh why oh why does Strachan persist in zonal marking? We have shipped goals all season because of it

looks like we get out of jail....AGAIN.

I still think when it comes down to it Celtic will win the league simply down to having that little bit more bottle.

We wouldnt have came back after going 2-1 down today

As predicted, a draw. Again, we fail to capitalise on Rangers dropping points. Again, neither JVoH nor Samaras can find the net. Sheridan out on loan is looking like a terrible decision right now.

Feckin' stick Samaras and JVoH in the reserves for a spell, two of them are the waste of 2 jerseys at the moment. This league should have been all but sewn up by now.

Is Crosas injured, if not why the feck is he not playing?
    I still think when it comes down to it Celtic will win the league simply down to having that little bit more bottle.

I disagree. I think we had bottle the last couple of seasons, and the amount of late goals goes to show that. We fought for every point. This season I think we are really quite poor. We just seem to always take the foot off the pedal when we're 1 up, and get punished so many times for it. I still honestly think this is Rangers's year for the SPL.

Edit: Oh, I almost forgot the obligatory :eek: for Naylor's goal. :D

Strachan:
    "That was our best performance this season against Dundee United in the league. We made more chances today.

He's like a broken record.

• Advertisement

come on then Celtic, make or break today......

the thanks for the gers up there was just for putting a smile on ma coupon :D

See we are not all evil lol :o

See we are not all evil lol :o
    :p

heard that there might be a bid coming in from Sevilla for Aiden

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭jimmyboy

Bayern Munich were onto Trappatoni askin bout him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Antrim_Man

jimmyboy wrote: »
    Bayern Munich were onto Trappatoni askin bout him

Made up story according to BM.

Brewster wrote: »
    Sensentional news. Really is. Celtic must be laughing their heads off at this! If some fans didnt think Celtic were going to win championship, well let me tell you, the fat lady has cleared her throat after this! Rangers will be in disarray!

Or it will galvanise the other players into good performances.

How many times do teams that get reduced to 10 men perform just as good or even better

Sensentional news. Really is. Celtic must be laughing their heads off at this! If some fans didnt think Celtic were going to win championship, well let me tell you, the fat lady has cleared her throat after this! Rangers will be in disarray!
    to be honest i'd rather capt fantastic was playing for the rest of the season, coz he's muck and would give us more of a chance of winning league

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

to be honest i'd rather capt fantastic was playing for the rest of the season, coz he's muck and would give us more of a chance of winning league

Thats just a plain silly thing to say. The best footballer Scotland have produced in years. He is only 31 for crying out loud, not 37! Fair enough, your no fan of Rangers, but saying he is muck is petty. What an idiot though, going on a booze up till Sunday lunchtime. Fair play to Walter Smith, I dont he had any choice here. This is nothing to do with downsizing and getting money in next transfer window for him, what club would want a boozed up bevie merchant playing for them?? Alcohol will ruin this guys career, wont be the first footballer either to suffer same fate and certainly wont be the last.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Antrim_Man

Thats just a plain silly thing to say. The best footballer Scotland have produced in years. He is only 31 for crying out loud, not 37! Fair enough, your no fan of Rangers, but saying he is muck is petty. What an idiot though, going on a booze up till Sunday lunchtime. Fair play to Walter Smith, I dont he had any choice here. This is nothing to do with downsizing and getting money in next transfer window for him, what club would want a boozed up bevie merchant playing for them?? Alcohol will ruin this guys career, wont be the first footballer either to suffer same fate and certainly wont be the last.

No, that would be Aiden McGeady ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement