Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Glasgow Celtic Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2008/09

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

Quote:
    Originally Posted by PauloMN viewpost.gif
    I'm sure I'll get the "omg Strachan is soooooo brilliant, I can't believe you want him out, I want to ride him" etc. etc.

LOL now thats a vision I don't need in my head :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

If Strachan was to go who would you want to take over? I'd love Moyes but would he leave Everton and could we afford the compensation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Badabing wrote: »
    If Strachan was to go who would you want to take over? I'd love Moyes but would he leave Everton and could we afford the compensation.

Sacking Strachan is going to solve **** all in reality. People are wanting to sack him at every bump and turn. Its borderline pathetic at this stage. Maybe people need to get a firm grip of reality, the fact that once we had the 5th biggest wage bill in britain, now because of tv money in other leagues, Celtic can barely compete with championship sides.

Do you think sacking Strachan is going to change this or the quality of player that Celtic can realistically afford. No, you are fooling yourself if you think otherwise.

As for this "oohh we could get David Moyes" pipe dream that has been suggested in tandem with the sack strachan campaign, its not going to happen anytime soon. He's signed a 5 year contract where he's better paid than our top players.

It has been confirmed that the last old firm game of the season will take place at Ibrox on Sat 9th May with a 12.30 kick off.

This means Brown will be missing for Celtic due to suspension but Bougherra will be available for Rangers(If he is not injured)

Bring it on :P

Dempsey wrote: »
    Sacking Strachan is going to solve **** all in reality. People are wanting to sack him at every bump and turn. Its borderline pathetic at this stage. Maybe people need to get a firm grip of reality, the fact that once we had the 5th biggest wage bill in britain, now because of tv money in other leagues, Celtic can barely compete with championship sides.

Do you think sacking Strachan is going to change this or the quality of player that Celtic can realistically afford. No, you are fooling yourself if you think otherwise.

As for this "oohh we could get David Moyes" pipe dream that has been suggested in tandem with the sack strachan campaign, its not going to happen anytime soon. He's signed a 5 year contract where he's better paid than our top players.

I would keep Strachan on for another year as i want him to sort out our terrible away record in europe, and i also would like him to tell us why Gary Caldwell is a better midfield choice than Nakamura, Donati, Hartley, Crosas etc..

I would keep Strachan on for another year as i want him to sort out our terrible away record in europe, and i also would like him to tell us why Gary Caldwell is a better midfield choice than Nakamura, Donati, Hartley, Crosas etc..

Arguably better midfielder or fittest for the tactics he used at the weekend.

Donati is ****e
    Hartley is limited
    Crosas, technically good but lightweight
    Nakamura technically gifted but lightweight

I noticed that Hearts were trying to isolate and expose Hinkel defensively and with Flood's help, they didnt get the better of him. Do you think Nakamura is good defensively? I dont, he's very limited defensively.

I find it ridiculous that people think that we would have won, without question, if we used the same team that was used against the worst team in the SPL. Pass the glue please

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

It was never about the quality of individual players though really. It's about how he manages them, how he picks the teams, how he absolutely insists on playing certain players regardless of form, how he experiments with formations for arguably the most crucial away fixture of the season, how he plays players to justify spending silly amounts of money on them and so on and on and on.

Yes, Celtic can't compete with the big boys financially. We're out of their league financially as well as on the pitch. Yet, how can we not resolve a left-back problem season after season? How can we spend over £3m on Loovens? How can we be regularly outclassed by really quite poor SPL sides?

This season, we have been absolutely gash. Let's face it, Rangers must be shocked to be still in this title, and in it they are. I said months ago we'd not win this title and I stand by it. I also said we have a better squad than Rangers in most positions and I still stand by that. So, if we have a better squad than our only real competition in this ****e league, and we're still playing such crap football, there's only one place to point the finger imo and that's straight at Strachan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I'm just completely against his insistence on the 4-4-2. For some strange reason he thinks the 4-4-2 is a positive formation no matter what. That's just rubbish. Hearts dominated possession for a lot of the match on Saturday. That just wouldn't have happened if we had 5 in midfield. Is there more chance of scoring with 2 up front? Not if they have hardly any of the ball.

PauloMN wrote: »
    It was never about the quality of individual players though really. It's about how he manages them, how he picks the teams, how he absolutely insists on playing certain players regardless of form, how he experiments with formations for arguably the most crucial away fixture of the season, how he plays players to justify spending silly amounts of money on them and so on and on and on.

Yes, Celtic can't compete with the big boys financially. We're out of their league financially as well as on the pitch. Yet, how can we not resolve a left-back problem season after season? How can we spend over £3m on Loovens? How can we be regularly outclassed by really quite poor SPL sides?

This season, we have been absolutely gash. Let's face it, Rangers must be shocked to be still in this title, and in it they are. I said months ago we'd not win this title and I stand by it. I also said we have a better squad than Rangers in most positions and I still stand by that. So, if we have a better squad than our only real competition in this ****e league, and we're still playing such crap football, there's only one place to point the finger imo and that's straight at Strachan.

Strachan doesnt handle transfer policy at all nor does he handle any negotiations. You are blaming him for something, he has no control over.

Naylor & O' Dea have been playing well for a long time now and finding a better left back, thats better than those two whilst able to get a work permit, want to play in the SPL and take the going rate from Celtic is proving difficult. Misun is the future LB.

Sounds like you want to the next Eamon Dunphy and what to be able to take some pride when Celtic loose a match. "I told yee this would happen" blah blah blah!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭poindexter

anyone got a spare ticket for the 9th May??

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Strachan doesnt handle transfer policy at all nor does he handle any negotiations. You are blaming him for something, he has no control over.

Are you seriously telling me that the manager of a football club has no input into transfers at all? It is ultimately up to him and the scouting team to target players. Negotiations and the budget are up to Lawell and co., but Strachan decides who and when once they fit into the budget.
    Naylor & O' Dea have been playing well for a long time now and finding a better left back, thats better than those two whilst able to get a work permit, want to play in the SPL and take the going rate from Celtic is proving difficult. Misun is the future LB.

Naylor has been ok recently, can't argue with that. But he was awful for the first half of this season, and most of last season. We've no backup there either. O'Dea is not a left back. We should be seeing Misun if he's a capable left back.

As for O'Dea, he should have been getting much more first team action than Strachan has given him so far. I'm glad to see him breaking back into the team, but want to see more of him. Instead, Strachan goes and spend a load of cash on Loovens. :eek:
    Sounds like you want to the next Eamon Dunphy and what to be able to take some pride when Celtic loose a match. "I told yee this would happen" blah blah blah!

Yeah, I love seeing Celtic lose games. Makes me really satisfied. :rolleyes: That's a pretty idiotic thing to say tbh. I sincerely hope I'm wrong, I don't think I will be though.

Are you seriously telling me that the manager of a football club has no input into transfers at all? It is ultimately up to him and the scouting team to target players. Negotiations and the budget are up to Lawell and co., but Strachan decides who and when once they fit into the budget.

Strachan stated in January that he has no input into transfer policy or contract negotiations and this is written into his contract. I'm sure he makes his preferences known but he didnt tell Lawwell to spend £3M on Loovens or to pay Gravesen that amount in wages etc

Also, what do you think John Park, the football development manager, at Celtic does?
    Naylor has been ok recently, can't argue with that. But he was awful for the first half of this season, and most of last season. We've no backup there either. O'Dea is not a left back. We should be seeing Misun if he's a capable left back.

I'm sure they want him to adapt to the system and the country first

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭bmcgov86

i remember an interview last year were Strachan said he picks the players he wants for each position, then Lawell goes out and tries to tie up deals. if he cant get the first choice he moves onto the next, and so on.

Strachan stated in January that he has no input into transfer policy or contract negotiations and this is written into his contract. I'm sure he makes his preferences known but he didnt tell Lawwell to spend £3M on Loovens or to pay Gravesen that amount in wages etc

Also, what do you think John Park, the football development manager, at Celtic does?

I'm sure they want him to adapt to the system and the country first

Having no input into transfer policy or contract negotiations is different to not having any input on transfers at all. Of course the board are the money men. But why did Strachan bring in Loovens knowing how much of our small transfer budget he'd take up? Yes he wasn't sitting at the table thrashing out deals with Cardiff himself, but he decided he needed him and knew ballpark what he was valued at, therefore he knew what %age of our budget he was throwing away. Fair enough if you need a player - you have to take a gamble from time to time - but I honestly don't think we needed Loovens.

As for Misun, the best way to adapt is to be given first team action. I haven't seen him, I hope he proves to be a good buy, but here we go again into yet another transfer window with Lee Naylor still holding a slot with no competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

Having no input into transfer policy or contract negotiations is different to not having any input on transfers at all. Of course the board are the money men. But why did Strachan bring in Loovens knowing how much of our small transfer budget he'd take up? Yes he wasn't sitting at the table thrashing out deals with Cardiff himself, but he decided he needed him and knew ballpark what he was valued at, therefore he knew what %age of our budget he was throwing away. Fair enough if you need a player - you have to take a gamble from time to time - but I honestly don't think we needed Loovens.

As for Misun, the best way to adapt is to be given first team action. I haven't seen him, I hope he proves to be a good buy, but here we go again into yet another transfer window with Lee Naylor still holding a slot with no competition.

Paul, I honestly feel Liewell signed Loovens to get one over Rangers. You wont agree, but where im sitting this is what happened. He was Rangers no one defensive target all summer and Celtic came from nowhere at last minute and bid a higher amount than Rangers. Celtic did not need him.

Glad to see some posters sticking up for Strachan, I firmly convinced Celtic fans will only truly appreciate him when he is gone!

• Advertisement

Brewster wrote: »
    Paul, I honestly feel Liewell signed Loovens to get one over Rangers. You wont agree, but where im sitting this is what happened. He was Rangers no one defensive target all summer and Celtic came from nowhere at last minute and bid a higher amount than Rangers. Celtic did not need him.
    Again I'll tell you your mad in the head if you think Celtic would throw away millions to "get one over" Rangers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Antrim_Man

Glad to see some posters sticking up for Strachan, I firmly convinced Celtic fans will only truly appreciate him when he is gone!

Disgrace, thats FollowFollow talk, maybe you are a bluenose :confused:

Having no input into transfer policy or contract negotiations is different to not having any input on transfers at all.

What did I say the first time??
    Strachan doesnt handle transfer policy at all nor does he handle any negotiations.

That is what I said. Your interpretation of what I said is the only thing thats needs a review.
    As for Misun, the best way to adapt is to be given first team action

Is it? Several people with coaching qualifications disagree with you on that. Are they wrong and your right? What's your coaching qualification?

The signing of Loovens surprised me too. Possibly Lawwell never wanted to be a situation where they'd need to play Balde again??

People will appreciate Strachan when they see his eventual successor in action. IMO Celtic fans have become very arrogant towards other SPL teams and blaming Strachan instead of keeping their arrogance in check

POTY nominees:
    Pedro Mendes
    Gary Caldwell
    Scott Brown
    Steve Davis

YPOTY:
    Steven Fletcher
    James McCarthy
    James McArthur
    Andrew Driver

I think they got the 2 best Celtic players there with Hinkel and Naka behind them. But I thought Bougherra might get a nomination. And Boyd could probably score a million and still wouldn't get credit from many.

• Advertisement

McCourt motm again for the reserves with new left back Kurakins scoring.

"The first half was all about McCourt, who ran the show from his advanced midfield position."

http://celticfc.net/news/stories/news_140409160911.aspx

We're going to have one brilliant player in McCourt if he can sort out his fitness problems. We've had a few players compared to Lubo but McCourt is really like him. McGeady still has winger instincts. McCourt is a pure playmaker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

eirebhoy wrote: »
    McCourt motm again for the reserves with new left back Kurakins scoring.

"The first half was all about McCourt, who ran the show from his advanced midfield position."

http://celticfc.net/news/stories/news_140409160911.aspx

We're going to have one brilliant player in McCourt if he can sort out his fitness problems. We've had a few players compared to Lubo but McCourt is really like him. McGeady still has winger instincts. McCourt is a pure playmaker.
    Would love to see McCourt make it over there. He's probably the most skilful player I've ever seen in the League of Ireland. He's only 25 too so he's still relatively young.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Graham Careys settling in nicely with Bohs.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/new-bhoy-carey-an-instant-hit-at-bohs-1708389.html

THEY raided the League of Ireland twice last year to take two of the brightest wing wizards away so it's only fair that Glasgow Celtic gave something back and Bohemians have been the beneficiaries.

Last Saturday, the star of the show for the Gypsies in a derby stroll against St Patrick's Athletic was 19-year-old Graham Carey from Blanchardstown, on loan at Dalymount from Parkhead until July. His purposeful display was capped by a fine second-half goal.

The left-sided youth, who is already in the Irish U-21 international picture, has suffered bad luck in his bid to make the breakthrough he so desperately desires with his parent club. A serious knee injury resulted in a long spell on the sidelines at a crucial stage of his development.

Considering the recruitment process at Celtic is ongoing, such setbacks can prove costly. Never mind the first team, getting a game in the reserves is a challenge for a wide player with ex-Derry City men Paddy McCourt and Niall McGinn settling into life in Scotland at that level, waiting for opportunities behind established figures like Aiden McGeady, Shunsuke Nakamura, and also Shaun Maloney and newcomer Willo Flood.

In that context, taking the opportunity to return to Ireland and play some matches after missing out on so much was a necessary step in his development even if it was a wrench to accept that things with the Bhoys weren't just working out.

"It's been nice to get home, I'm just from down the road at Blanchardstown and I've enjoyed it a lot -- I'm with the family as well which is nice," he says.

"But I'd rather be over there, vying for my place in the reserves and the first team but I know this is going to make me a better player and if the worst comes to worst (at Celtic) then hopefully I'll have gained a lot of experience from coming here.

"John McLaughlan, my old youth team coach at Celtic, has been coming over to watch all the home games so hopefully I can impress and get a new contract there," he adds.

However, Bohemians manager Pat Fenlon indicated at the weekend that he would be looking to extend Carey's stay in Phibsborough beyond July and has spoken to Celtic about that.

"He's got a great attitude and he's only a kid," said Fenlon. "The injury was a bad one but he's come back from it and the two games last week (Galway and St Pat's) were the first he'd started in nearly a year."

The player himself is relieved to have proved he can make an impact when selected from the outset as opposed to a super-sub role.

"I've been surprised by my fitness," admits Carey. "When you start it's a lot easier to get to know the league. I think I've got the gist of it."

As he gets into the groove, helpless full-backs can expect to suffer the consequences.

- Daniel McDonnell

What did I say the first time???

What you said was this:
    You are blaming him for something, he has no control over.?

My point was that he does indeed have control over transfers. He and the scouts decide who and when, the board decide how much and if it's possible.
    That is what I said. Your interpretation of what I said is the only thing thats needs a review.?

No, I was agreeing that he doesn't handle transfer policy or negotiations. He does however decide on targets. You seem to miss this point.
    Is it? Several people with coaching qualifications disagree with you on that. Are they wrong and your right? What's your coaching qualification?

How do you know? How do you know they don't want him (and others in the reserves) to step up to the first team? Do you speak to the coaches regularily? Look, this is getting ridiculous and I'm not going to debate it with you further. It's my opinion and you have yours. I don't agree with some of the things Strachan does, and I feel he has made some poor decisions in crucial games. I'm not saying doing things differently would have changed results - nobody is. But what I am saying is that I feel sometimes you shouldn't mess about with certain things in situations like last Sat.

The way some people have Strachan down as some sort of untouchable is funny, like he can do no wrong. Any criticism of him is seen as disrespectful. Think what you will, but I think he's doing damage to the club with some of his decisions at the moment.

He has a level of control over transfers but he has nowhere near full control as some think. I'll ask again, what does the football development manager do at Celtic? We have a chief scout and a head of the youth academy so he must be doing something different, I wonder what that is....

Yes, I read comments that coaches make to the media on a regular basis. Lennon was praising him goodo and AC Milan were interested in signing him but Celtic acted quicker.

Do you remember the last Hearts match where Driver tore Nakamura and Hinkel apart and scored. That was at Celtic Park too. Do you think Nakamura is any good defensively, I dont.

Antrim_Man wrote: »
    Disgrace, thats FollowFollow talk, maybe you are a bluenose :confused:

Whats followfollow talk when its at home?! My mate is a Rangers supporter and he is convinced Celtic only signed Loovens as he was Rangers no 1 defensive target all summer. Whats so difficult to understand about this?! It happens in football all the time, teams pinch players on their rivals so it they can´t strengthen their team. Looking at it with from a neutral perspective on this, I have no affliation to Celtic or Rangers, I would say this is a distinct possibility. I also have a Celtic supporting mate whose precise words on this were " I wouldnt put it past Liewell to sign him to rub Rangers´ nose in it´

So there you go, Im not the only person who has this opinion....

I think our biggest problem with the team on Saturday was that it allowed Hearts to double mark Brown. He handles being so tightly marked probably better than anyone at Celtic but it just completely limited Celtic's hold on possession. Drop a striker and stick another midfielder in there for the tough away games.

Whats followfollow talk when its at home?! My mate is a Rangers supporter and he is convinced Celtic only signed Loovens as he was Rangers no 1 defensive target all summer. Whats so difficult to understand about this?! It happens in football all the time, teams pinch players on their rivals so it they can´t strengthen their team. Looking at it with from a neutral perspective on this, I have no affliation to Celtic or Rangers, I would say this is a distinct possibility. I also have a Celtic supporting mate whose precise words on this were " I wouldnt put it past Liewell to sign him to rub Rangers´ nose in it´

So there you go, Im not the only person who has this opinion....
    the point he is making is that you are calling Peter Lawell LIEWELL. for someone who says he has no affiliation to Celtic or rankers, words like that say more than you think. keep it real and stop trying to fit in with the smart talk changing names that gets thrown about by fans of the teams, not outsiders who like to butt in.

poindexter wrote: »
    the point he is making is that you are calling Peter Lawell LIEWELL. for someone who says he has no affiliation to Celtic or rankers, words like that say more than you think. keep it real and stop trying to fit in with the smart talk changing names that gets thrown about by fans of the teams, not outsiders who like to butt in.

Its Peter Lawwell :pac:

Its Peter Lawwell :pac:

Oh my apologies on this. I genuinely thought that was his name and that was the spelling!!:o Thats what my mate calls him, didnt realise he was embelishing his name slightly! Ignorance no defence, so im sorry about this. However, Doesn´t chance the sentiment of my original posting....

• Advertisement

I genuinely thought that was his name and that was the spelling!!:o

Jaysus Brewster.... suppose Santa and the Easter Bunny dropped by your place as well did they? :pac:

Jaysus Brewster.... suppose Santa and the Easter Bunny dropped by your place as well did they? :pac:

Im away in the sun for a few days Paul, Ill check when I get back!

Depending on who finishes 6th in the league after the weekend, im going for Hibs to pip Motherwell, our fixtures might be Dundee Utd (h) Rangers (a) Hibs (a) Hearts(h) Aberdeen (a), the spl have in the last few years had both Celtic and Rangers playing away on the last day. 13 out of 15 i think will win us the league for sure.

Depending on who finishes 6th in the league after the weekend, im going for Hibs to pip Motherwell, our fixtures might be Dundee Utd (h) Rangers (a) Hibs (a) Hearts(h) Aberdeen (a), the spl have in the last few years had both Celtic and Rangers playing away on the last day. 13 out of 15 i think will win us the league for sure.

13 out of 15 will definitely win us the league, assuming the draw you predict is against "them", and of course assuming we win on Saturday. I just can't see i13 from 15 points though, not the way we're playing and how we have played against top sides this season. The only consolation is that they'll drop points also in the last 5 games.

We absolutely must win on Saturday, as I think they'll beat Hibs on Sunday. Hibs have been poor this season. I'm hoping Motherwell win on Saturday - they should - as that would mean Hibs would need a win to keep 6th place which I'm sure they'll be gunning for. Might just give them the extra impetus they need. ;)

Draw for Peace Cup 2009 pre-season tournament in Spain if anyone wants to book a holiday.

Group A
    Sevilla
    Juventus
    Seongnam Ilhwa

Group B
    Real Madrid
    Liga de Quito
    Al-Ittihad

Group C
    Malaga
    Aston Villa
    Celtic

Group D
    Lyon
    Porto
    Fenerbache

27 July - Malaga v Celtic (La Rosaleda, Malaga)
    29 July - Aston Villa v Celtic (La Rosaleda, Malaga)

Definately Celtic or the winners of the SPL?

Also,

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/article2381261.ece

SCOTTISH football is facing a brutal financial body blow as TV firm Setanta bid to CUT the cash they pour into our game.

Setanta loose their packages to Sky and the SPL has to take the fall for it. W@nkers.

I hope the SPL and the clubs force them to honour their deal

That would be a big blow as 125 million is a big increase on the current deal, it doesn't kick in until after next season so hopefully Setanta survive or get their house in order.

Definately Celtic or the winners of the SPL?
    Celtic definitely.
    http://www.peacecup.com/eng/

Also word that Celtic are still playing in a 2 day tournament in Wembley a few days earlier along with Barca, Spurs and Al Ahly Cairo.

As for Setanta, they're getting a bargain as it is.

That would be a big blow as 125 million is a big increase on the current deal, it doesn't kick in until after next season so hopefully Setanta survive or get their house in order.

If the SPL2 gets off the ground, it wont be that much of an increase for SPL1 clubs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,363 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Good win today with both strikers scoring. Hopefully Hibs can do one on Rangers tomorrow.

Good win today with both strikers scoring. Hopefully Hibs can do one on Rangers tomorrow.

Hopeful your wrong :p

I'm hoping Motherwell win on Saturday - they should - as that would mean Hibs would need a win to keep 6th place which I'm sure they'll be gunning for. Might just give them the extra impetus they need. ;)

Meh, Motherwell beaten 2 nothing by St. Mirren in Fir Park. Don't see Hibs doing much tomorrow tbh.

Delighted with the win today, 4th goal in 4 games for JVoH. Hopefully he can keep up the good run for the remaining games. Sounds like it was a good performance from what I've read.

Strachan made some comments on Setanta today:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/8006211.stm

Totally agree with him. Can't understand why more of CP and Ibrox are not shown, it would imo increase the prestige of the SPL as conveyed on TV. Rarely see games from CP on Setanta, prob only when we're playing Rangers come to think of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Totally agree with him. Can't understand why more of CP and Ibrox are not shown, it would imo increase the prestige of the SPL as conveyed on TV. Rarely see games from CP on Setanta, prob only when we're playing Rangers come to think of it.

It's pretty much a deal to make sure that every SPL team gets shown at some point or another.

I can remember the exact terms, but they have to go to each ground a certain number of times. Thats why its always Rangers and Celtic Away games and OF games.

I said a long time ago that Setanta would **** us over as soon as they got a sniff of the premiership.

Meh, Motherwell beaten 2 nothing by St. Mirren in Fir Park. Don't see Hibs doing much tomorrow tbh.

Delighted with the win today, 4th goal in 4 games for JVoH. Hopefully he can keep up the good run for the remaining games. Sounds like it was a good performance from what I've read.

Strachan made some comments on Setanta today:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/8006211.stm

yea, and their nothing to remember this season. first one was terrible, not in the 2 gers lads eyes, but the second one, the 0-0 was easily the worst game of the season. if thats what happens with more home games then i hope we don't see CP on telly again. speaking to mates who were at the game today, they said we were shocking yet again.the whole team revolves around Naka and Broon, though they did say big JVOH put in a good shift

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,363 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

speaking to mates who were at the game today, they said we were shocking yet again.the whole team revolves around Naka and Broon, though they did say big JVOH put in a good shift

I am just happy for the points

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Blackjack

Hopeful your wrong :p

I hope he's right, but I don't see it happening. Happy that St Mirren did us the favour yesterday though.

go on fletcher, 1-1

go on fletcher, 1-1

Indeed. Hibs looking dangerous in the last while, reckon they could nick another one later if they keep up this pace.

Blackjack wrote: »
    Indeed. Hibs looking dangerous in the last while, reckon they could nick another one later if they keep up this pace.
    wishful thinkin eh. bring on the last 5 games, gonna be a seesaw ride

wishful thinkin eh. bring on the last 5 games, gonna be a seesaw ride

Yeah, bugger it. We nicked one as I'd said, shame they'd nicked 2 more though...:(

Thought we'd played reasonably well all the same. Rankin scored a great one and we stayed at it till the end. Wasn't to be though.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement