Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Glasgow Celtic Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2008/09

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

Are you trying to say that Tom Murphy discriminates against Rangers?

No what I think he is saying is that Mr Murphy has been proved to be guilty of two gross errors of judgement this season and should not be involved in such a high profile game.

The reason being if he makes a mistake that favours any of the two teams then the opposing fans are going to cry conspiracy ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

Are you trying to say that Tom Murphy discriminates against Rangers?

I am saying what I wrote in my post! I can understand a manager, after two such high profile howlers, would have issue with such an appointment. Mr. Smith is no different to Sir Alex or any other manager who may have previous with an official.. It was prob best that Mr. Murphy was left at home for this fixture for reasons outlined by another poster above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

So McManus ruled out.

I think we'll see:

Boruc

Hinkel
    Naylor
    Loovens
    Caldwell

Crosas
    Hartley
    Robson
    Naka
    McGeady

McDonald

Well 3-1 to the Gers for me Boyd x 2 Velicka ;):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Well 3-1 to the Gers for me Boyd x 2 Velicka ;):)

No bias there :pac:

• Advertisement

Dempsey wrote: »
    No bias there :pac:

What's biased about it I am a Gers fan did you expect me to say Celtic would win :confused::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

What's biased about it I am a Gers fan did you expect me to say Celtic would win :confused::eek:

LOL

Go and eat your cornflakes before posting :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,363 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

What a dreadful day for football

No start for McGeady!

I'm surprised Strachan has gone with an attacking 4-4-2.

Vennegoor
    McDonald
    Maloney --- Hartley --- Crosas --- Nakamura
    O'Dea ---- Loovens --- Caldwell
    Hinkel
    Boruc

It's a midfield picked to keep possession. Happy with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭sligobhoy67

What a dreadful day for football

No start for McGeady!

should be hung for that decision.

Bye bye Strachan - possibly the only silver lining of him throwing away our 4IAR chances!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

I await the CL qualifying round draw with terror... :) Feckin' hate CL qualifiers. :(

Congratulations to the Rangers fans on the board for a good victory. Thought it was an awful game, two poor sides to be honest. Rangers posssibly shaded it, other than Steven Davis's clearance off line, did their keeper make a real save?? On chances created thought it was a well deserved Rangers win. I have to laugh at the Celtic fans on here consoling themselves with CL qualifers! This league is far from over, Rangers have three tough games to play. I am not going to change my mind. Rangers to drop points against Dundee United and Celtic will then will league on GD. You heard it first hear gentlemen!!!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Brewster wrote: »
    Congratulations to the Rangers fans on the board for a good victory. Thought it was an awful game, two poor sides to be honest. Rangers posssibly shaded it, other than Steven Davis's clearance off line, did their keeper make a real save?? On chances created thought it was a well deserved Rangers win. I have to laugh at the Celtic fans on here consoling themselves with CL qualifers! This league is far from over, Rangers have three tough games to play. I am not going to change my mind. Rangers to drop points against Dundee United and Celtic will then will league on GD. You heard it first hear gentlemen!!!

Where do I start with that? :rolleyes: Why do you watch SPL Brewster, was it just 'cause Alex.... sorry "Sir" Alex was there?

Awful game? What are you on?

As for "consoling" myself - you don't console yourself with something you think is going to be a massive struggle. Two rounds of uncertainty in European qualifiers as compared with going straight into the groups is hardly something to console me. Lay off the pills mate.

As for Rangers dropping points in the last 3 games - I actually agree with you on that one. I think they will drop points in one of their away games. Trouble is, I don't think Celtic will get 9 from 9 in the last three games either.

A recent quote from you (after the Ferguson/McGregor incident):
    Sensentional news. Really is. Celtic must be laughing their heads off at this! If some fans didnt think Celtic were going to win championship, well let me tell you, the fat lady has cleared her throat after this! Rangers will be in disarray!

Got that one slightly off the mark Brewster, eh?

When I posted this in early March:
    I don't think we'll win in Ibrox. My opinion, don't give a ****e what you think about that.

your reaction was:
    Paulo, those are laughable comments! Do the other Celtic fans on board agree with Paulo? Claiming Rangers are favourites for title is on a par saying Liverpool will win the premiership. Some fans have a habit of never saying their team is favourites and I think you could be one of them! I said before Christmas United were certainties for title with the way the fixtures had panned out for them and of course they are cruising to title. Some United fans still wont admit league is over.

I would be shocked if Celtic dont win league, just look at the facts.

1 Celtic's players have been over course before, Rangers havent- a massive advantage. As soon as Rangers hit the top of league, they bottle it two matches later!
    2- It highly unlikely to come down to goal diff but that advantage is gone.
    3. Celtic have that bit more quality in most positions, with players that win a game with a piece of magic, i.e McDonald last night (Fab player)

So you make Rangers favourites cos they have to go and play a game at Ibrox and you are concerned they wont win? Paulo, they wont have to win in all likelihood!! A draw will be more than enough! Why would you fear Ibrox when you won their earlier in season, your logic is not sound.

And someone had the gall to call me a windup merchant!!

All the papers are saying it this morning, the league is over after last nights results. Anyone that cannot see this or wont admit it is just being too cautious. Let me say it for you- Celtic, Champions 2008-2009.

Now I don't know what you base your beliefs on, and you are entitled to think what you want, but my beliefs on whether Celtic are good enough or not to win leagues are based on watching them play whenever I can. Every Celtic fan could see for months how poor our finishing has been, and how some players have been struggling this season. Hence I said two months ago I didn't think we'd win today.

When Rangers scored today, I never even flinched - I just expected it, and most Celtic fans would have been the same. I wasn't surprised either not to see any reply - we've been the same all season. I've also quoted our away record on a number of occasions - it's there in black and white.

Now if you still think Celtic will win the SPL, fair play. I still do hope you're right, but I still can't see it myself.

Now, time for a beer after that. :P

Post your pretendy neutral comments on the match thread not here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭poindexter

Post your pretendy neutral comments on the match thread not here
    post of the day

Must win game (win well) on Tuesday evening against Dundee United to reapply some pressure on Rangers at Easter Road the following evening.

Sometimes I despair at the lack of ambition shown by the management of the club

Must win game (win well) on Tuesday evening against Dundee United to reapply some pressure on Rangers at Easter Road the following evening.

Sometimes I despair at the lack of ambition shown by the management of the club

Absolutely. All Celtic can do now is try to win the 3 remaining games, and hope that Rangers feel the pressure.

As for the management, I agree. We've had numerous chances to have a long period of domination over Rangers in the past few years. We're much stronger financially then them, we've gleaned more Euro money over the past few years than them, yet here we are. Poor management, not just Strachan, but the board also. Everyone appreciates we don't want a return to the days when we were skint, but a few clever deals done in certain positions I think would have made us much stronger.

I hope JVoH doesn't get a new deal at this point. Not good enough this season, and probably won't get better. Time to say goodbye to the big man and not put either him or the club through more of same next season. Not sure how long Samaras has left on his deal, but would rather see him off also. We have a serious lack of cutting edge up front, had we at least partially addressed that last summer or in Jan, we'd be the title holders right now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Strachan is an average manager (especially if you judge his record in England).

Is an average manager good enough for Celtic or for Rangers either for that matter.

Basically what I mean is top clubs need higher class of manager than Strachan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭lisbon_lions

Some very strange selection decisions yesterday, did I miss something when McGeady was benched and barely match fit Maloney put on instead??

Anyhow, one goal difference in the table and the two points. I was hoping Rangers had Aberdeen away cause they always put up a good show - but its at home for them. You have to say theyre in the driving seat.

poindexter wrote: »
    post of the day

Look I called the game as I saw it. I was as surprised as anyone not to see McGeady playing, theres nothing 'pretendy' in my post. I was very surprised by Celtic yesterday I really was. They just lacked a cutting edge, they were never scoring from open play. It was the first time I have seen that lad Edu play and he totally dominated Crosas. Celtic fans have been singing this guys praises, but he was awful. Edu and Crosas were both making their first Old Firm starts and Crosas was truly pathetic in fact. Hartley held your midfield together even though he was on a yellow for most of game! Obviously Barry Robson wasnt fit and Celtic missed him dearly. I am surprised that Rangers have had such a good run since the Ferguson incident, but who would have honestly seen them win 6 league games on bounce with the lad Edu in midfield??! Dont think many people would have if they are being honest with themselves.

Btw, it hasn't been mentioned on the forum, I thought Loovens assault on the boy was disgusting. No place for that in the sport of football. Loovens deserves a retrospective ban for the incident. Your thoughts?

• Advertisement

well if your going to go on about unsporting behaviour - i though the bounce ball that rangers 'gave back' in both halfs was not in the spirit of the game. The one in the first half was given back to us as a throw in beside our own corner flag!

well if your going to go on about unsporting behaviour - i though the bounce ball that rangers 'gave back' in both halfs was not in the spirit of the game. The one in the first half was given back to us as a throw in beside our own corner flag!

Ill agree the Rangers players could have made it a little easier for Celtic with the one that went for the throw in. However, to mention this as a way of deflecting attention off Loovens is rather pathetic dont you think? What Loovens did was not unsporting, it was a an assault on the side of the poor guy's knee and it could of had resulted in a serious injury for the boy. Loovens knew what he was doing and I hope he gets banned for it. His foot clearly moves towards Edu. I would have hoped the Celtic fans on here would have been big enough to condemn the incident without reservation. Where ever your footballing allegiences lie, this sort of behaviour is unacceptable.

You will get no deflections from me - I am merely making an observation of the lack of sporting play by rangers on numerous occasions yesterday - seeing as you wish to bring up a topic on sporting behavour.

Loovens clearance was late, agreed, but it is out of character, so i can live with that.

Brewster, you are a wind-up merchant, plain and simple. Give it a rest or piss off will you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Blackjack

Brewster, do you still honestly claim to be Neutral?.

PauloMN wrote: »
    Brewster, you are a wind-up merchant, plain and simple. Give it a rest or piss off will you.

???? I take exception to this Paul. It was a horrific challenge. I was emailed a pic of challenge and it is truly awful. What or who exactly am I trying to wind up by posting about this topic??? This topic is fair game Paul as far as I am concerned.

Blackjack wrote: »
    Brewster, do you still honestly claim to be Neutral?.

Why do people ask this? Why on earth to Celtic fans feel that is someone isnt a Celtic supporter they are automatically a fan of Rangers?? Its pathetic to be honest. There are thousands of Irish people who hate Celtic, but this doesnt make them Rangers fans??? I don't even hate Celtic, yet Im still a Rangers fan! You guys are gas, if someone posts anything that goes remotely against Celtic on this board, your a Rangers fan. Its sad and pathetic...

Let me clear this up once and for all, I do not care who wins the SPL title, Rangers or Celtic. If Celtic win the league ill be the first to congratulate them, likewise if Rangers win. I DO NOT CARE gentlemen. I dont know how I can put this any clearer for you??

???? I take exception to this Paul. It was a horrific challenge. I was emailed a pic of challenge and it is truly awful. What or who exactly am I trying to wind up by posting about this topic??? This topic is fair game Paul as far as I am concerned.

It's not the topic I'm talking about, it's the way in which you come into a Celtic thread as a supposed neutral and get on your high horse about how you would have hoped fans here would condemn the action. You've done that before also. It's not appreciated by a lot of people on here. If I went into a Utd thread and constanty posted how I feel Utd fans should condemn this and that, I'd be told where to go, and rightly so.

Apologies for the "p*&s off", I'm sure I'll be punished for that, but seriously, why do you come on here and constantly wind people up?

I DO NOT CARE gentlemen. I dont know how I can put this any clearer for you??

Why spend so much time here then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Blackjack

Why do people ask this? Why on earth to Celtic fans feel that is someone isnt a Celtic supporter they are automatically a fan of Rangers??

I'm not a Celtic fan.

Dempsey wrote: »
    LOL

Go and eat your cornflakes before posting :p

Got to say I had been on the beer the night before and had started again at this point :P

Why spend so much time here then?

Paul, I don't think I spend that much time here to be fair? My interest in the thread comes from fact that I have two mates in my ear all the time, one a Celtic season ticket holder, and the other a very decent Rangers fan! There is great banter between the two of them, they know each other for years now through me, its impossible not to get caught up in it all and for sanity I post my thoughts on this forum!! Its all about banter, I am sorry if you think I go over the top. I do not mean to offend anyone including yourself. My Celtic mate emailed me pics of the Loovens challenge and said he was embarassed by it, yet I post about it on here and I am Rangers fan? I do think the Celtic fans on here can be blinkered, fair enough defend your team, but sometimes there are bigger issues at play. Young kids watch these games, many at impressional age. These footballers are paid alot of money and there must be a sense of responsibility to behave.

Paul, I don't think I spend that much time here to be fair? My interest in the thread comes from fact that I have two mates in my ear all the time, one a Celtic season ticket holder, and the other a very decent Rangers fan! There is great banter between the two of them, they know each other for years now through me, its impossible not to get caught up in it all and for sanity I post my thoughts on this forum!! Its all about banter, I am sorry if you think I go over the top. I do not mean to offend anyone including yourself. My Celtic mate emailed me pics of the Loovens challenge and said he was embarassed by it, yet I post about it on here and I am Rangers fan? I do think the Celtic fans on here can be blinkered, fair enough defend your team, but sometimes there are bigger issues at play. Young kids watch these games, many at impressional age. These footballers are paid alot of money and there must be a sense of responsibility to behave.

Lol. Rich coming from a United supporter. See Ronaldo, Christiano for a fine example of an overpaid prima-donna who kids definitely shouldn't copy. There's a lot more kids watching him than Glen Loovens.

In what sense are the posters here blinkered? You hardly expect Celtic fans to come on here and criticise Loovens for a poor challenge when their team has lost an important game in the league race? How many United supporters would be happy to discuss and debate a challenge on a player when they might have just lost the league? Like I say, I wouldn't go into a United thread to ask, as I'd be promptly shown the door.

It's already been said - it was a poor challenge, looked like a follow-through which does seem out of character for Loovens. He could have seen red. He didn't, but there was plenty of cards not shown to Rangers throughout the game also, and I think Celtic were not given a possible penalty.

Now, has that satisfied your need for a Celtic fan to condemn one of Celtic's own players?

My view of the game or rather the incidents regarding Loovens and Ranger players not being carded is this there were a couple of tackles that could have been punished carried out by Gers players.

But Loovens tackle on Edu was a deliberate act to put a player out of the game when first seen this happening fro the stand at Ibrox I felt it was nothing more than a follow through.
    After watching it a number of times now when watching the game on tape in the calm atmosphere of home sorry to say it clearly was a shocker.

As far as the rest of the season goes its a long way from being decided at this point

by Ronnie Cully

THE SFA today confirmed they are studying video footage of Glenn Loovens' challenge on Maurice Edu during Saturday's Old Firm game.

If the initial investigation into the incident - which occurred just before half time - throws up evidence that the Celtic defender has a case to answer, the matter will be forwarded to the Video Review Panel.

But this step would only be taken if referee, Craig Thomson, confirmed it was not an incident which he believed he saw and dealt with at the time.
    advertisement

Edu fell to the ground when Loovens' appeared to make contact with his left knee after the Dutchman had cleared the ball.

The Rangers midfielder was forced to leave the field for lengthy treatment before returning to complete the match.

Loovens was not one of the six players booked during Saturday's game, and has not been suspended since arriving at Celtic from Cardiff in the summer.

But he now faces an anxious wait to discover if he is about to face retrospective action buy the authorities.

With Stephen McManus already out for the remaining three league games following surgery last week on his damaged knee, and Darren O'Dea limping out of the game at the weekend, Celtic would be stretched to the limit in the central defensive area if they were now to lose Loovens to suspension.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/displa...507441.0.0.php

• Advertisement

Lol. Rich coming from a United supporter. See Ronaldo, Christiano for a fine example of an overpaid prima-donna who kids definitely shouldn't copy. There's a lot more kids watching him than Glen Loovens.

In what sense are the posters here blinkered? You hardly expect Celtic fans to come on here and criticise Loovens for a poor challenge when their team has lost an important game in the league race? How many United supporters would be happy to discuss and debate a challenge on a player when they might have just lost the league? Like I say, I wouldn't go into a United thread to ask, as I'd be promptly shown the door.

It's already been said - it was a poor challenge, looked like a follow-through which does seem out of character for Loovens. He could have seen red. He didn't, but there was plenty of cards not shown to Rangers throughout the game also, and I think Celtic were not given a possible penalty.

Now, has that satisfied your need for a Celtic fan to condemn one of Celtic's own players?

Paul, there were plenty of meaty challenges in the game and I thought in general ref had a good game. Yes Celtic could have had a shout for a peno, but it would have been soft to be fair. Caldwell had a shocker at end of game which could have been red in my opinion. These are all indicents people can debate all day long. I dont recall any incidences of shocking challenges from Rangers players that the ref didn't deal with??

However, the Loovens situation is totally different. It was a deliberate assult on the player, there is no doubt about this. Everyone is saying this, its not just a guy called Brewster on boards.ie! It is totally different from the other incidents of debate from the game. If Ronaldo did such a thing, id be the first to hang him dry. It doesn't matter the game, or the importance of it, that sort of challenge, in character or out of character has no place in the game. Just the way I feel. If you feel Im winding you up by posting this, then the very best of luck to you.

I do hope the SFA take action against Loovens.

View My Video

How can anyone defend this

View My Video

How can anyone defend this

Yes, terrible tackle. I do not see anyone attempting to defend it and the SFA are looking into it.

You would think so, but sure we're all used to that sort of ****e from Strachan these days. I have to admit I'm not sure a direct swap of Maloney for McGeady to start would really have changed things much, but it still was a very dodgy decision given how little Maloney has played recently.

He always seems to do this in important games, like Flood a while back v Rangers, and Caldwell in midfield v Aberdeen.

Can't be arsed even giving out about him anymore. Hopefully he'll go at the end of the season. Same order for summer this season as last season: new striker (or two), new left back, and a manager that can get something out of the talent we have in midfield. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I think people pick the wrong moments to have a go at Strachan. The team did themselves justice on Saturday. They played like a football team. They looked like the better team. Football pro's would have watched the game and saw Celtic play a decent level of football.

That's all I ask. I just want the players to do themselves justice. Pass the ball as they can pass it and for the first time in months they did that away from home. McGeady missed a very good chance to equalise. I don't know why it is but I actually do think I want to see good football before a win. I still go back to that win against Shakhtar a couple of years ago. I wasn't overjoyed with that result because we were the 2nd best team and imo were terrible in that seasons CL. I don't want to be seen as a poor standard team that raises their game like Northern Ireland.

Anyway, 3 wins from 3 games should win us the league. The away game will be tough but we should always be winning the home games.

Yes, terrible tackle. I do not see anyone attempting to defend it and the SFA are looking into it.

I was on a Celtic forum today and the amount of tic fans defending Loovens was unbelievable yes there were people saying it was a shocker but how anyone defend it is shocking.

I know most of the Celtic fans on here are decent guys so was'nt having a go at you lot :P

You would think so, but sure we're all used to that sort of ****e from Strachan these days. I have to admit I'm not sure a direct swap of Maloney for McGeady to start would really have changed things much, but it still was a very dodgy decision given how little Maloney has played recently.

He always seems to do this in important games, like Flood a while back v Rangers, and Caldwell in midfield v Aberdeen.

Can't be arsed even giving out about him anymore. Hopefully he'll go at the end of the season. Same order for summer this season as last season: new striker (or two), new left back, and a manager that can get something out of the talent we have in midfield. :rolleyes:

Think thats a fair point Paul. To be honest, Robson was missed far more than McGeady was. Steven Davis was MOTM and I am fairly sure he would have kept McGeady quiet too such was his influence all over the right hand side of the park. To pick Maloney was a mistake, no doubt about that. I think it was unfair on Maloney too to be thrown into a cauldron like this, cos he is fine player and a fine individual too. Glad too see there is a finally a bit of acceptance for the shocking challenge of Loovens from the Celtic fans on the board. It wasn't so much that it was a bad tackle, it was the change of direction of his foot to deliberately do the boy Edu which has me riled. I think a three game ban would not be at all over the top for that assualt. However, I expect any ban to be served next season at this stage of proceedings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Well well well....isnt this exciting!

3 games to go, and the league could go anywhere, personally im having nightmares of a helicopter Sunday reversal to be completely honest.

All that Rangers managed to do on Saturday was to stop Celtic from effectively winning the league on the day, but at least they showed the bottle to stand up and be counted, now however they must get their feet back on the ground and make sure they dont let Celtic back in.

As for Loovens, how he stayed on the pitch is beyond me. Cynical and dangerous at the very least.

Good article from the Glasgow daily broadsheet

The big question: Why was McGeady benched?

Good article from the Glasgow daily broadsheet

The big question: Why was McGeady benched?

It was a bizzarre decision alright, and one which could be seen to have backfired.

I rate maloney highly, in many ways i feel he can be a better footballer than McGeady. However surely the directness that mcgeady offers would have been beneficial up against a guy like Dailly?

He would have pinned Christian back, and beaten him for pace time and time again...instead it was Dailly who got forward.

Big mistake from Strachan IMO

Went into work today and everybody [including Rangers fans who did not even attempt to hide their glee] was talking about McGeady not starting and how bizarre that decision was.

Went into work today and everybody [including Rangers fans who did not even attempt to hide their glee] was talking about McGeady not starting and how bizarre that decision was.

Oh my glee is staying well and truly hidden....no "gravestone" images from me this season! :D

Eirebear wrote: »
    It was a bizzarre decision alright, and one which could be seen to have backfired.

I rate maloney highly, in many ways i feel he can be a better footballer than McGeady. However surely the directness that mcgeady offers would have been beneficial up against a guy like Dailly?

He would have pinned Christian back, and beaten him for pace time and time again...instead it was Dailly who got forward.

Big mistake from Strachan IMO
    For the last few months away from home Celtic have been struggling to keep possession, especially when Hartley plays. In the first half against Aberdeen last week they were rubbish and couldn't keep hold of the ball. The majority of the time McGeady gets the ball a passing move will break down. Maybe he'll beat his man and get a cross in resulting in a shot or clearance. Or maybe he'll fail to beat his man. As you say he's very direct and it's not a bad thing. But with Celtic's struggle to keep possession and Celtic only having 2 central midfielders available, he was sacrificed for an intelligent passer.

Maloney failed in the first half and was really a failure overall. He hardly touched the ball in the first 20 minutes and wasn't great for the next 25. But I can certainly understand the decision. If it was me I wouldn't have played Jan but Strachan thinks 4-5-1 is too defensive and maybe he's right. I think if McGeady and Maloney were allowed play up close to McDonald it's far from defensive.

I can understand his decision to play Maloney 100% though. Maloney, Naka and Crosas at their best could play the ball around all day. Unfortunately Maloney wasn't at his best.

Fair enough Eirebhoy, you obviously see it more than i do.

I just think that against a guy like dailly Mcgeady would have had all the time and space in the world.

As i said i rate maloney highly, possibly higher than Mcgeady in terms of his intelligence as a footballer, but the only thing Dailly has left is his positional sense and up against the trickery of Mcgeady i think he would have struggled a lot.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement