Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Glasgow Celtic Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2008/09

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Anyone know much about Swindon striker Simon Cox that Celtic are been linked with??? If he actually has the ability to kick a ball and not fall over it can only be an improvement to what we have been subjected to this season, McDonald apart.
    Never saw him play but he looks promising. Just turned 22 a few weeks ago and scored 32 goals this season at league 1 level.

Have a look at this goal on 55 seconds vs Fenerbahce:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXlINN4UHTs

Outstanding goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

Good to see common sense hopefully prevail with the red cards of Mulgrew and Bougherra being rescinded.

ah damn i'd have liked to see Bougherra miss the Dundee Utd match. Any advantage will do at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

eirebhoy wrote: »
    ah damn i'd have liked to see Bougherra miss the Dundee Utd match. Any advantage will do at this stage.

As I would like to see Loovens out for you ;)

But the Bougherra Incident has still to be reviewed it could still go against him :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Brewster wrote: »
    Good to see common sense hopefully prevail with the red cards of Mulgrew and Bougherra being rescinded.

It is a shame that any suspension that Lafferty should get or Loovens might get will not be until next season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,363 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Mulgrew was an open and shut case - he was the victim of cheating.

As for the Bougherra case, I assume you will now look for common sense for Skippy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I dont understand why Bougherra's red card is being considered when other wrong red cards dont even get considered. Its BS from the SFA tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭poindexter

Dempsey wrote: »
    I dont understand why Bougherra's red card is being considered when other wrong red cards dont even get considered. Its BS from the SFA tbh
    nail on head

Mulgrew was an open and shut case - he was the victim of cheating.

As for the Bougherra case, I assume you will now look for common sense for Skippy?

I would his deserves looked at in the same way as bougherras

Nothing to do with the SFA the decision was made by the Referee when he looked at it again its up to the Ref to make the decision as to it being taken further sounding a bit paranoid here mate

• Advertisement

It is a shame that any suspension that Lafferty should get or Loovens might get will not be until next season.

Your right the system in Scotland needs looking at these decisions should be made asap after the game as is the case in England

Nothing to do with the SFA the decision was made by the Referee when he looked at it again its up to the Ref to make the decision as to it being taken further sounding a bit paranoid here mate

Me or you? :D

So we have a referee that was conned by one Rangers player, sent off someone by mistake, and then sent off a Rangers player in a lame attempt to redeem himself.

Apparently, 2 wrongs will make a right when refereeing in Scotland :pac:

Me or you? :D

So we have a referee that was conned by one Rangers player, sent off someone by mistake, and then sent off a Rangers player in a lame attempt to redeem himself.

Apparently, 2 wrongs will make a right when refereeing in Scotland :pac:

Maybe thats why he has retired early could not take the pressure of big games any more.

Don't know how anything you stated makes me paranoid though I stated that these things should be dealt with ASAP after the match not one or two weeks later.

As for him getting things wrong he also wants the McDonald incident looked at because he missed it deary me seems he is just a bad Ref

The McDonald Incident? Nothing in that, stop talking out yer ass

Bougherra did not deserve to be sent off. Is there anyone on this board that would argue that he did? He cannot even see the keeper coming when he commits to slide challenge. The ball is there to be won and unfortunately there was a coming together. Im not sure its even a yellow card never mind red!

In terms of severity, McDonald's challenge was alot worse than Bougherras however, certainly alot less severe than Loovens challenge. Im still not decided if he should get banned or not to be fair, he didnt go right through the player in his defence.

Loovens indicent on Edu was a shocking challenge and I said as much at the time. He deserves a ban for it. This was as blatent as Laffertys dive, how anyone could say otherwise is just silly.

The McDonald Incident? Nothing in that, stop talking out yer ass

I happen to agree with you to a certain extent I was making the point about Stuart Dougal being a useless ref ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

From another forum. It's all over the football forums

Original Message
    Sent: 20 May 2009 10:56
    To:

Subject: Follow Follow forum

Celtic fan signs up on a Rangers forum, makes a couple of posts and no-one is any the wiser he's a Celtic fan.

Then he makes a thread saying

Quote:
    If you wan't tickets for next week's title decider away to Dundee United, read here...

Since the away allocation for Rangers fans of 5 thousand is long sold out. Tickets for the home end is the only solution.

But as we all know, if your not on Dundee United's official club/supporter database then you won't even be able to buy tickets for the home end.

Here's what to do..
    Phone up the club shop. And ask to buy a pair of Dundee United kit socks. Don't even mention tickets for Sunday. They will become suspicious.
    Then when they take your sock order, personal details and process your payment your details will then be stored on thier system.
    Give it a few hours until there's a shift change, phone up again and order your home tickets for the Rangers match and beacuse of your sock order, you will be on thier system and you will get your match tickets. It's perfect lads.

Turns out, there's no such database and all these Rangers fans have ended up with hundreds of pairs of Dundee United socks and no match tickets.

:D:D:D

From another forum. It's all over the football forums

Original Message
    Sent: 20 May 2009 10:56
    To:

Subject: Follow Follow forum

Celtic fan signs up on a Rangers forum, makes a couple of posts and no-one is any the wiser he's a Celtic fan.

Then he makes a thread saying

Quote:
    If you wan't tickets for next week's title decider away to Dundee United, read here...

Since the away allocation for Rangers fans of 5 thousand is long sold out. Tickets for the home end is the only solution.

But as we all know, if your not on Dundee United's official club/supporter database then you won't even be able to buy tickets for the home end.

Here's what to do..
    Phone up the club shop. And ask to buy a pair of Dundee United kit socks. Don't even mention tickets for Sunday. They will become suspicious.
    Then when they take your sock order, personal details and process your payment your details will then be stored on thier system.
    Give it a few hours until there's a shift change, phone up again and order your home tickets for the Rangers match and beacuse of your sock order, you will be on thier system and you will get your match tickets. It's perfect lads.

Turns out, there's no such database and all these Rangers fans have ended up with hundreds of pairs of Dundee United socks and no match tickets.

:D:D:D

Nah won't happen they have made it clear after last years happenings they will be keeping a close eye on matters

Also I seem to remember last year a fair few Tic fans getting taken in by a scam which involved them buying a ticket voucher off Utd fans only to find out you needed the actual season book to use it people will always go to extreme lengths to see there team ;)

Bougherra did not deserve to be sent off. Is there anyone on this board that would argue that he did? He cannot even see the keeper coming when he commits to slide challenge. The ball is there to be won and unfortunately there was a coming together. Im not sure its even a yellow card never mind red!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=60270935&postcount=2224
    In terms of severity, McDonald's challenge was alot worse than Bougherras

I am sorry but that is absolute mince

I happen to agree with you to a certain extent I was making the point about Stuart Dougal being a useless ref ;)

SOLID USELESS and has been for several years :)

He has made several big calls in recent years and they are only been questioned now, after he's quit and admitted getting the Lafferty fiasco wrong? Something smells.....

• Advertisement

SOLID USELESS and has been for several years :)

He has made several big calls in recent years and they are only been questioned now, after he's quit and admitted getting the Lafferty fiasco wrong? Something smells.....

And you call me paranoid :D:D:D

Don't think anything smells and I don't think its just the Lafferty situation he was in charge of two big games last week and made blunders in both I believe he has just realized he is not up to it anymore

And you call me paranoid :D:D:D

Don't think anything smells and I don't think its just the Lafferty situation he was in charge of two big games last week and made blunders in both I believe he has just realized he is not up to it anymore

I never said you were paranoid! :p

He makes blunders all the time, only now he 2nd guesses himself?? You think everything is hunky dory because Bougherra is getting out of a suspension :pac:

A dub in glasgow, I agree when you see the photo it looks awful! Absolutely. The photo doesnt tell the whole story, looking at that it looks like Bougherra kicked him in the head and its a straight red! Do u honestly think that Bougherra meant to kick the keeper in the head? For it to be a red card, the intent has to be proven. If you watch a video of the incident, theres no way its a red card. I dont believe anyone in the media said it was a red card either. Thankfully ref has admitted his mistake, it would be shame for Bougherra to miss such an important game over this.

The McDonald incident is different in that he can see Wilkie ahead of him, there is no one obstructing his view. McDonald's foot is raised and makes contact with shin area of Wilkie. On reflection, I do not believe McDonald wanted to do Wilkie and he pulled out of challenge. I think this could be his saving grace. However, its a poorer challenge than Bougherras in my opinion, bougherra made an honest attempt to whip his foot around defender to win ball, unaware of the unrushing keeper. There was a coming together. McDonald has hit Wilkie in the shin with a raised boot.

Thats my view on the thing. If McDonald got off I dont think anyone could argue with this. Ill give my honest opinion on these things as I see them.

I never said you were paranoid! :p

He makes blunders all the time, only now he 2nd guesses himself?? You think everything is hunky dory because Bougherra is getting out of a suspension :pac:

I can assure you I don't think everything is hunky dory in fact I am really worried about the outcome on Sunday but I would rather have him in the team than not :p

Celtic have begun talks with Red Bull Salzberg's Marc Janko and Egyptian midfielder Shikabala in a bid to land the duo in a £6m summer swoop. (Daily Express, Daily Star)

Heard of Janko but not much of the others. TBH, even Janko could be a one season wonder
    Both players strongly linked again in the last couple of days

Shikabala - this site has agents signed up to it and seems to have sources in Egypt

Janko - 39 goals in 32 games this season and leading the Golden Boot league, half point ahead of Eto'o

A dub in glasgow, I agree when you see the photo it looks awful! Absolutely. The photo doesnt tell the whole story, looking at that it looks like Bougherra kicked him in the head and its a straight red! Do u honestly think that Bougherra meant to kick the keeper in the head? For it to be a red card, the intent has to be proven. If you watch a video of the incident, theres no way its a red card. I dont believe anyone in the media said it was a red card either. Thankfully ref has admitted his mistake, it would be shame for Bougherra to miss such an important game over this.

The McDonald incident is different in that he can see Wilkie ahead of him, there is no one obstructing his view. McDonald's foot is raised and makes contact with shin area of Wilkie. On reflection, I do not believe McDonald wanted to do Wilkie and he pulled out of challenge. I think this could be his saving grace. However, its a poorer challenge than Bougherras in my opinion, bougherra made an honest attempt to whip his foot around defender to win ball, unaware of the unrushing keeper. There was a coming together. McDonald has hit Wilkie in the shin with a raised boot.

The ball was on the deck the whole time. He can see the goalkeeper coming towards them and they are nearly on the 6 yard line. Yet, according to you, he did not see or expect the keeper to come for the ball!

All this and still he slides in with his foot raised and smacks the keeper in the face with his studs which is nowhere near the ball. After he does this, he kicks at the ball which is in the keepers grasp and flails his arms down the keeper leg. And you think McDonald was a lot worse in severity to this??

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

On a lighter note:
    http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/article1872324.ece

What a fuсkin' messed up country!

PauloMN wrote: »
    On a lighter note:

Pathetic is the only way I can describe this its the 21st century for gods sake :mad:

The ball was on the deck the whole time. He can see the goalkeeper coming towards them and they are nearly on the 6 yard line. Yet, according to you, he did not see or expect the keeper to come for the ball!

All this and still he slides in with his foot raised and smacks the keeper in the face with his studs which is nowhere near the ball. After he does this, he kicks at the ball which is in the keepers grasp and flails his arms down the keeper leg. And you think McDonald was a lot worse in severity to this??

When Bougherra is running with defender he isn't thinking to himself I better stop here in case the keeper comes and we clash!! There was an honest attempt to win ball and on the follow through from the slide challenge he makes contact with keepers face, no question. It was a clumsy challenge and probably deserved a yellow card.

A dub in glasgow, if you think there was intent on Bougherra's behalf to kick keeper in face, you are entitled to believe its a red card. Id agree with you on this. However, I just cant see how you can come to the conclusion there is intent on Bougherra's part??? If that was a Celtic player involved in incident, would you be honestly saying it was a red card? I think you are the only person I have heard say it was a red card!

• Advertisement

PauloMN wrote: »
    On a lighter note:

If they can't accept the colour green on a shop sign, how does anyone expect them to accept people from other cultures & different beliefs?

Rangers should take the "Ready" bit off their crest and replace it with "Boycott & Vandalise" :pac:

I thought Rangers FC wanted to break down the stereotype of a Rangers supporter, why arent they condemning the actions of these people?

If they can't accept the colour green on a shop sign, how does anyone expect them to accept people from other cultures & different beliefs?

Rangers should take the "Ready" bit off their crest and replace it with "Boycott & Vandalise" :pac:

I thought Rangers FC wanted to break down the stereotype of a Rangers supporter, why arent they condemning the actions of these people?

Get off our high horse it has nothing to do with the club. It also has comments from people who find the it disgusting and nowhere in that article do I see anything regarding The Rangers FC being asked about it.

And coming from a Celtic supporter about having boycott on a crest is kind of ironic don't you think

Get off our high horse it has nothing to do with the club. It also has comments from people who find the it disgusting and nowhere in that article do I see anything regarding The Rangers FC being asked about it.

And coming from a Celtic supporter about having boycott on a crest is kind of ironic don't you think

I dont see any supporters of Rangers FC condemning the actions of its own supporters in that article. I see shop owners and company spokepeople condemning vandalism because of the colours used in their shop signs.

Also, I see that ASDA will be
    We are well aware of the situation with Subway, as well as a few other businesses in the town, and we will be taking the public's feelings very seriously.

Yea, basically they dont their shop boycotted and vandalised by narrow minded idiots.

Also, dont bother trying to drag Celtic FC or its fans into this just to deflect how Rangers supporters act like muppets in normal society.

Next they'll be dying their grass blue or not even having a lawn because of the colour! :pac:

I dont see any supporters of Rangers FC condemning the actions of its own supporters in that article. I see shop owners and company spokepeople condemning vandalism because of the colours used in their shop signs.

Yea, basically they dont their shop boycotted and vandalised by narrow minded idiots.

Also, dont bother trying to drag Celtic FC or its fans into this just to deflect how Rangers supporters act like muppets in normal society.

Next they'll be dying their grass blue or not even having a lawn because of the colour! :pac:

Yawn Yawn... Was wondering when there would be another posting about how great Celtic fans were and what muppets Rangers fans were..!! Yawn Yawn. Doesn't even warrent a response. Please lets get back to discussing football, these arguments never go anywhere or achieve anything.

Yawn Yawn... Was wondering when there would be another posting about how great Celtic fans were and what muppets Rangers fans were..!! Yawn Yawn. Doesn't even warrent a response. Please lets get back to discussing football, these arguments never go anywhere or achieve anything.

Can you go and find some other fence to sit on?

I suggest you read the whole article again then ;)

• Advertisement

I suggest you read the whole article again then ;)

Oh right, the local council are Rangers supporters... :pac:
    But South Lanarkshire Council chiefs were also forced to install wire grilles to protect green traffic lights in the town.

The blitz followed allegations that Rangers fans had been deliberately smashing them.

Up to 205 lights were stolen or damaged in just three years, costing £16,800.

FFS, the wummin in that town must be stink or not putting out. Alot of frustrated males going around :D

It is a crazy situation and the bigots in Larkhall should be ashamed of themselves. Rangers should come out with a public statement and tell the people to cop themselves on.

It is a crazy situation and the bigots in Larkhall should be ashamed of themselves. Rangers should come out with a public statement and tell the people to cop themselves on.

pope-benedict-xvi-uses-mercedes-popemobile-for-american-trip.jpg

I'd love to get one of them and drive down the main street whilst someone plays the theme music from deliverance just to see the reaction :pac:

Oh right, the local council are Rangers supporters... :pac:

Never mentioned anything about the local council there are printed quite clearly comments from local.

Look before this goes any further I have stated in an earlier post my feelings towards these morons. But I and many other Gers fans would object to you lumping us all in together.

Yes we have our morons but so do all clubs:p

As I said already, there is no quotes in the article from local people only company spokespeople and local councillors. The 'have your say bit' doesnt matter a jot tbh. Why hasnt the reporter gotten local opinion?

All clubs do but Rangers seems to have a higher than average amount as demonstrated in Manchester, Villarreal and Tel-Aviv.

• Advertisement

As I said already, there is no quotes in the article from local people only company spokespeople and local councillors. The 'have your say bit' doesnt matter a jot tbh. Why hasnt the reporter gotten local opinion?

All clubs do but Rangers seems to have a higher than average amount as demonstrated in Manchester, Villarreal and Tel-Aviv.

Look at the article on the right hand side of the page

Locals see red at town 'insult'

By Lauren Mirzia

Probably the last Celtic game for Naka this Sunday. Huge pity he was never given a central midfield spot (the Crosas position). He has everything needed in a top midfield playmaker and by playing him on the wing he's relying on his teammates to get him the ball. He'll leave as a Celtic great on par with the likes of Lennon but I feel any crititisms that people have of him would have been quashed if he played centrally.

Good luck to him and I hope he shines at next years world cup!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Gutted to see Naka go if he does go back to Japan at the end of the season. Hope he scores in his last game for the hoops. One of the few exciting Celtic players of recent times, and an utter professional also.

My favourite 4 Naka moments:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xxfT3Qor80
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zt4-6wzdMqw
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ilOSbu1Fjw (for the title, love the way he ran into the crowd after that one)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tymYn_9H9FA (v Rangers, fantastic touch)

Thanks for the memories Naka. :(

Good back to football and less of the other garbage.

For me Nakamura was a very underrated footballer who at times was no used to his best at Celtic people talk about how he faded out of games but lot of players of his type do

His skill was to be admired and we need more of his type in the Scottish game
    though not at Celtic :p:p

Both players strongly linked again in the last couple of days

Shikabala - this site has agents signed up to it and seems to have sources in Egypt

Janko - 39 goals in 32 games this season and leading the Golden Boot league, half point ahead of Eto'o
    Just to go back to this again. An Austrian Celtic fan wrote this on a Celtic forum earlier:

"we are that -..- close signing janko. newspapers call him now mc marc

he was for 2 days in glasgow and said he likes it a lot - i really think we can get him : pray: : pray: "

The Austrian on KDS, Dr.Stiegl, with over 3,000 posts now says the Janko deal is 99% done. He really rates him. 39 goals in 32 games is an insane amount for a league that's stronger than the SPL.

The Austrian on KDS, Dr.Stiegl, with over 3,000 posts now says the Janko deal is 99% done. He really rates him. 39 goals in 32 games is an insane amount for a league that's stronger than the SPL.

Lets hope that he can reproduce that form because I'm very skeptical about this guy. One good season and he's **** hot??

It must be season book renewal time

Lets hope that he can reproduce that form because I'm very skeptical about this guy. One good season and he's **** hot??
    I don't know. This video was uploaded in 2007 so he's obviously rated a lot longer than just this season:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTKJ6fa4ox8

The latest quote from Janko is:
    "My agent is in contact with Celtic. I can go back to Glasgow when the contract is ready for signing."

BUt Dr.Stiegl said he got his info from one of Janko's teammates.

'Gordon Strachan to quit' rumours grow

Strachan made a specific point of not inviting any questions about his future yesterday, which only served to heighten the suspicion that Sunday's game at Celtic Park will be his last at the club. A number of Celtic players said in private yesterday that Strachan has made no intimations to them about his plans for next season.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement