Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Glasgow Celtic Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2008/09

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭lisbon_lions

Just hearing news now, I am not suprised to be honest - it was on the cards, no matter how the league panned out. He is a shoe in for the Sunderland job now.

Ranieri and Mcgeady to flourish with the new management ?? Whats Jol up to at the moment?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

John Collins or even Mick McCarthy.

I would be very surprised if David Moyles came...

I'd be more surprised if Davie Moyes came...Chris Moyles however....:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

SectionF wrote: »
    There's something deeply amiss when a manager of Strachan's success is up for the sack just because he missed winning the league by a hair's breadth. Celtic fans: spoiled, gutless consumers, not football supporters. If you want routine, guaranteed success, why don't you join a proper bandwagon like ManU?
    Ill informed or ignorant. The vast majority of Celtic fans wanted him gone no matter who won the league this year. He would have stepped down even if he won the league. Celtic have classy midfield players but a lot of the time you wouldn't realise that.

Anyway, Strachan can leave a definite success and now there'll be a bit more excitement around Celtic this summer. Can't wait for the rumour mill now each morning. Can't see champions league qualification though having to probably face Arsenal, Lyon, Shaktar...

Ranieri and Mcgeady to flourish with the new management ?? Whats Jol up to at the moment?
    McGeady might be given a more central role under a new manager but I can't see Ranieri improving all that much. He hit his peak in Strachan's time at Celtic imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Blackjack

ziggy wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Tony Mowbray second favourite, Owen Coyle favourite there.
    I reckon Mowbray would be a good choice myself, but I am a bit biased.

• Advertisement

I dont think Owen Coyle will take it untill he's had his shot at the premiership.

Mowbray is a good call however, and i reckon he would do well at Celtic.

A little aside, from yesterday...im not a member of follow follow, as i find the majority of their posters vile. But this little tidbit is doing the rounds and i have to say made me laugh quite a bit.
    Default Re: Operation Tango - Sunday 24/5
    To those who took part - thanks,

For those who didn't, Tango was a text windup, where a series of people sent a series of texts to some celtic supporting acquaintances known to be at the paradise on Sunday(telling them Utd had scored).

Of course we can't be sure but would like to think that this was the driver for the bogus rays of hope amongst the greatest fans in the world as they thought Utd had scored.

watch the video....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svE3-x4iDhU

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Eirebear - give it a rest with the ****e of Follow Follow, will ya? :mad: If you don't want people calling you "huns", then I think it's only fair.

PauloMN wrote: »
    Eirebear - give it a rest with the ****e of Follow Follow, will ya? :mad: If you don't want people calling you "huns", then I think it's only fair.

Fine, ive edited the quote. The Video is still highly funny in my opinion.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Seriously mate, it was funny, but there's a time and place for everything. And the comments in that YouTube video are as bad as you'd get in FF. I don't want to make a big issue of it, but I'm surprised at your timing. You said yourself you find FF vile - imagine how Celtic fans find it - yet you've posted stuff off it and linked to a page infested with scumbags from it.

I'm all for discussion, debate, banter etc., but I'd like to avoid that sort of ****e for the time being at least, and I expect to be able to come on here without seeing it linked to.

Just read that if Celtic fail to make the CL they're guaranteed Europa. That has settled me. Wouldn't mind playing in that.

• Advertisement

Seriously mate, it was funny, but there's a time and place for everything. And the comments in that YouTube video are as bad as you'd get in FF. I don't want to make a big issue of it, but I'm surprised at your timing. You said yourself you find FF vile - imagine how Celtic fans find it - yet you've posted stuff off it and linked to a page infested with scumbags from it.

I'm all for discussion, debate, banter etc., but I'd like to avoid that sort of ****e for the time being at least, and I expect to be able to come on here without seeing it linked to.

Dude, i have no control over the comments on youtube.

When i first saw it there were NO comments on it as the video was newly put it. I have edited the quote from FF, i have not linked to FF.

I think the whole idea of the video was a quality piece of wind up, and i would expect most people to see the light hearted side of it.

eirebhoy wrote: »
    Just read that if Celtic fail to make the CL they're guaranteed Europa. That has settled me. Wouldn't mind playing in that.

Where did you see that Eirebhoy? It changes every year, I assumed it would be the same as last year i.e. when Rangers failed to beat Kaunas and ended up with no European football.

I assumed we'd need to get through the first tie to make the Europa Cup.

Wouldn't mind it either if we could make decent progress in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

Where did you see that Eirebhoy? It changes every year, I assumed it would be the same as last year i.e. when Rangers failed to beat Kaunas and ended up with no European football.

I assumed we'd need to get through the first tie to make the Europa Cup.

Wouldn't mind it either if we could make decent progress in it.

Thought it was if you went out in your first qualifying round ie the 2nd round of qualifiers you were out of Europe all together it was only if you failed in the 3rd round you dropped to the Europa cup

This year there's 3 different qualfying paths for the CL. There's 4 rounds of qualifiers in Celtic's path and they go into round 3.

If Celtic lose in the 3rd round of CL qualifiers they go into the 4th round of Europa Qualifiers. If they lose in the 4th round of the CL they go into the Europa Group stage.

http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/seedel2009.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

This year there's 3 different qualfying paths for the CL. There's 4 rounds of qualifiers in Celtic's path and they go into round 3.

If Celtic lose in the 3rd round of CL qualifiers they go into the 4th round of Europa Qualifiers. If they lose in the 4th round of the CL they go into the Europa Group stage.

http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/seedel2009.html

That has also calmed me down slighty tbh I think like Im sure many that a run in the Europa, apart obv from the financial implications, may be a blessing in disguise.

On the subject of the next manager I would luv either of Owen Coyle or McCarthy and also Mowbray would be a good apointment but if either David O'Leary or Roy Keane get it I honestly dont think I could handle it :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

No manager going into the Prem ie Coyle/McCarthy would go near the SLP, I heard McClaren mentioned as well but FC Twenty are in the CL so thats unlikely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

Ill informed or ignorant. The vast majority of Celtic fans wanted him gone no matter who won the league this year. He would have stepped down even if he won the league.
    So, not only are you not happy with three out of four titles, you would have wanted him out even if he delivered four in row, on the grounds of some purist notion about football.

Are you serious? What does that say about Celtic fans and the SPL?

So, not only are you not happy with three out of four titles, you would have wanted him out even if he delivered four in row, on the grounds of some purist notion about football.

Is the LOI that boring that you have to come in here wumming??? You,ve made your views on Celtic FC and their fans quite clear in numerous threads so spare us the moral lecture

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Billic is at 30/1 i think, he'd be my favorite so far, seems a good manager and might be able to attract a few good quality players. Mowbray is a good call too. Hopefully someone will be hired soon and we can start signing a couple players and looking forward to next season :D

Quite simply, it says that Celtic fans are not satisfied with being slightly better results-wise than a poor Rangers team over the past 4 seasons. Or in the case of this season, slightly worse than a poor Rangers team.

This is a pointless debate to have with someone who doesn't watch Celtic playing, or the SPL in general, but had you even watched Celtic in the CL this season, you'd not be asking such stupid questions.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭poindexter

You did challenge. You lost, just. And now the air is thick with talk of sacking. If he'd won it on the last day do you think Celtic fans would still want to press the big green button on their remote control for a new manager?
    yes
    Couple of points:

- It's not as black and white as that. Last season we won purely because Rangers bottled it.
    - Should have had this season wrapped up by the split. We failed big time.
    - This is the SPL, Celtic have the most resources of any club, by a huge amount excepting Rangers. Anything other than 1st is failure.
    - There are some good players at the club who he has not managed to get the best from, either by not playing them regularily, or in their position, or not playing them full stop.

This is not an overnight thing. His last two seasons have been very poor results-wise. Just because Rangers were ****tier last season does not make Strachan a good manager.
    hail hail

while rankers were winning all before them during the nine in a row, tommy burns came in and built up a fantastic celtic team, some of the football really was a joy to watch. all we won in his two years with the club was the scottish cup, but to have a team playing like that is the Celtic way. we won 3 out of 4 because rangers have really been in turmoil, it's not any magic wand that strachan brought in. even watching the uefa cup run of 2003, there was a desire and will to win and play good attacking football into the bargain among the team. with strachan, he's draining the best from the players.

i'm wondering if your section f name is in connection with your mates from linfield and maybe you get a wee kick out of this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

Is the LOI that boring that you have to come in here wumming??? You,ve made your views on Celtic FC and their fans quite clear in numerous threads so spare us the moral lecture
    'Morals' aside, do you not think it is extraordinary?

It's not wumming to ask the question: how can you defend wanting to sack a manager who has won three titles in four years (or even four in a row theoretically according to one Celtic fan here), unless you actually are demanding conveyor belt trophies in return for your satellite sub? Do you know of any precedent?

PS: As a matter of fact, LoI this year is far from boring. Any one of a number of teams could win it; that is to say there is some competition involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭poindexter

'Morals' aside, do you not think it is extraordinary?

It's not wumming to ask the question: how can you defend wanting to sack a manager who has won three titles in four years (or even four in a row theoretically according to one Celtic fan here), unless you actually are demanding conveyor belt trophies in return for your satellite sub? Do you know of any precedent?
    he wasn't sacked, he left, which is all that some people wanted. for him to be as far away from Celtic park as possible

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

poindexter wrote: »
    he wasn't sacked, he left, which is all that some people wanted. for him to be as far away from Celtic park as possible

I dont think Strachan should have been manager of the year. I like the guy, but they should wait till end of the season before handing out such awards. Player awards are slighty different.

Walter Smith or even the Hearts manager would be much better choices.

Im delighted for Walter Smith, an absolute gentleman, it was nice to see some Celtic fans appreciating this yesterday on the forum. Its a nice way for him to bow out if he decides to call it a day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Antrim_Man

I have copied this from another poster but I agree with what he says.

regarding Strachan and his departure.

i wish him all the best on a personal level, i wont lie, i didnt find him a nice guy, i didnt care for his manner, and i didnt rate him as a manager, however he DID provide some memorable occasions as manager, and for that alone, i wish him well.

he took over at a time when we needed a total change of direction, from day one however his lack of empathy with the fans was evident, whilst its not essential at a club like ours for the manager to be an ex player or a fan, it IS essential that the manager realises the importance of the fans and what they can provide for the team, he seemed determined from day one to detach himself and the players from the emotion of the fans, to me it showed at times, as the team lacked fight and passion. He seemed to regard the fans as a distraction, a sideshow, a nuisance, and it only served to alienate large sections of our support.

the level of player he brought in whilst severly hampered by finance was also at times deplorable, noone will ever tell me the likes of Dublin, Camara, Naylor,Telfer,Riordan,Virgo,Killen,Mark Brown,Pressley et al , were ever acceptable signings for a manager to bring to our club, financial limitations or not.

he managed to fall out with players also, from the youth players like Mulgrew,wallace and bjarnasson to mcgeady and balde to Hutchinson. Man Management will never be his strongest attribute.

where we go from now is anyones guess, i have no confidence in the board as they through their own actions durings Strachans tenure have managed to drive a wedge between themselves and the spport, to make the right decision, a McGhee or a Mowbray would not engage the support imho, and the apathy which was briefly removed when Strachan left would become apparent once more, i would wager if McGhee was given it, the apathy would
    turn to anger, and rightly so.

we need someone who can evaluate the squad and determine who is worth keeping, who is worth promoting from youth or reserve level, and who needs to leave immediately, noone should escape the microscope, we need a manager who will re-connect with the fans, and more than all, we need someone who through their philosophy on the game, can rid our club or the horrible "win at all costs" mentality that has gripped us in the past few years.

winning at Celtic is important, but winning with style, with a bit of flair, is essential, despite what some would believe this is possible, there is a middle ground between winning ugly and losing playing pretty fotball.

above all else what has to change is the fascination with Rangers, the attitude that staying one point ahead of them ensures our garden remain rosy, what they do has been paramount for too long in our boardroom and our dug out, short termisim has been rife, and its come home to roost at last. Noone escapes or should escape the blame for last season, the manager and 90% of the players are responsible,as certainly are the board, lessons must be learnt if we arent having the same debate this time next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭lisbon_lions

Tony Mowbray has been instated as some of the bookies favourite

£1M price tag though.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/w/west_bromwich_albion/8068395.stm

You sound like you think we're making this up. I backed Strachan after his 2nd season, after his 3rd season. Ask the rest of the lads that post here. It was only this season that I turned against him because there was just no progress.

The first season was good football for the most part. Strachan said the 5-0 win over Motherwell was how he wanted his team to play and I believed him. I was excited about that.
    2nd season and Lennon was still getting his game. We basically relied on Nakamura for most of the good football that season. There was a 3-0 win over Benfica that had us all creaming ourselves. Beautiful football.
    Last season was just bad. They were completely outclassed by Shakhtar but still managed to win. They didn't deserve to win it and it's not a nice feeling playing like that, hardly being able to play 2 passes together.
    And this season there was 1 good game in 10 but he showed to me that he had completely given up on his wish for good football by playing the teams he did.

Every summer I was thinking that this would finally be it. The 2nd one signing Gravesen, Jarosik, Vennegoor - The team looked brilliant on paper.
    The 3rd summer I thought Brown and Donati would solve our problem central midfield.
    Even last summer signing Crosas and Maloney back I thought might finally take Celtic onto a decent level of football.

It never happened and half way through this season that was clear. The team was getting worse and he no longer cared about the football. We were outclassed against almost every team in the league at some point.

I don't know how Rangers fans felt but it must hurt to be accused of playing anti-football by the best player in the world. Celtic are still regarded in Europe as a good footballing team and that reputation is very close to being destroyed. I think most Celtic fans want to be appreciated and that's done by playing good football. Not by scraping through to the last 16 and being known as a team that relies on the 12th man.

btw SectionF, forget about Strachan for a second and whatever reasons you think the fans wanted him gone. The number 1 criteria Celtic fans have for their new manager is attractive football. Believe me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

The attitude from sections of the Celtic support towards Strachan, from day 1, was a disgrace. The "yardstick" used to measure his management was embarrassing to be associated with.

MON was forgiven very quickly for all his mistakes during his tenure but GS was never given any margin for error. Its very easy to see that he was berated for not being "Celtic Minded" and there is nothing that people can stay to mask it.

No manager is perfect and hindsight is an exact science but the criticism levelled at him was very often unfair and never factored in the fact that the board tied one hand behind his back on transfer policy & contract negotiations, the board were defended whilst GS was singled out.

Where as under MON, the board were slated whilst MON was allowed to walk on water despite him handing out ridiculous long term contracts to players going over the hill, something that GS was slated for when he had to offload these players. The wrong man was blamed for alot the issues at Celtic.

Look at the shortlist of candidates, all the favorites are either ex Celtic player or not good enough but thats ok, the bigotry can continue to reign supreme amongst the Celtic support. People couldnt wait for Strachan to go but look at the muppets lined up as replacements, either too costly, not good enough or not interested. The future is as bright as a 15W bulb because the boo bhoys are ruling the roost.

People are looking forward to a Europa League run, oh how the expectation has dropped for the next guy. How convienient...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

Was Wim Jansen "Celtic Minded"?

I'm the person that mentioned the Europa league and you can certainly rule me out of any bias against Strachan. I was one of the last on here to back him. I think you're the only one left that still wanted him to stay on. I also wanted Strachan's team of last season to drop into the UEFA.

I hope Strachan is at Celtic Park for the Tommy Burns Tribute game on Sunday. Despite almost every Celtic fan wanting him gone he would still get a brilliant reception.

The TB Select team is:

---- Van Hooijdonk ---- Cadete
    Donnelly --- Keane --- Petrov --- J.Miller
    McKinlay --- Whyte --- Mackay --- Boyd
    Bonner

the many subs:
    Lennon, Dalglish, Hartson, MacLeod, Walker, Vata, Stubbs, Johnson, Paul Lambert, McCluskey, Kerr, Baillie, Grant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Blackjack

Do not feed the Single Issue Candidate.

ziggy wrote: »

Are you everyone?

There are sections of the support that were hyper critical because of his Aberdeen days and the fact that he didnt lick their arses in the media like MON did. It was quite pathetic to hear them spout their pish on Celtic forums.
    Was Wim Jansen "Celtic Minded"?

I'm the person that mentioned the Europa league and you can certainly rule me out of any bias against Strachan. I was one of the last on here to back him. I think you're the only one left that still wanted him to stay on. I also wanted Strachan's team of last season to drop into the UEFA.

I didnt read your comments.

During his playing days, Aberdeen regularly beat the OF wouldnt put him in a different category to any of the players mentioned

I'm not a Strachan fan but the yardstick moved for some reason the minute he arrived and I reckon that the next guy will be given more slack than Strachan got.

Dempsey wrote: »
    The attitude from sections of the Celtic support towards Strachan, from day 1, was a disgrace. The "yardstick" used to measure his management was embarrassing to be associated with.

MON was forgiven very quickly for all his mistakes during his tenure but GS was never given any margin for error. Its very easy to see that he was berated for not being "Celtic Minded" and there is nothing that people can stay to mask it.

No manager is perfect and hindsight is an exact science but the criticism levelled at him was very often unfair and never factored in the fact that the board tied one hand behind his back on transfer policy & contract negotiations, the board were defended whilst GS was singled out.

Where as under MON, the board were slated whilst MON was allowed to walk on water despite him handing out ridiculous long term contracts to players going over the hill, something that GS was slated for when he had to offload these players. The wrong man was blamed for alot the issues at Celtic.

Look at the shortlist of candidates, all the favorites are either ex Celtic player or not good enough but thats ok, the bigotry can continue to reign supreme amongst the Celtic support. People couldnt wait for Strachan to go but look at the muppets lined up as replacements, either too costly, not good enough or not interested. The future is as bright as a 15W bulb because the boo bhoys are ruling the roost.

People are looking forward to a Europa League run, oh how the expectation has dropped for the next guy. How convienient...

Media bollocks. "Celtic minded" is one of those phrases being bandied about by the media and nobody else, has been ever since he was given the job. Total and utter bollocks, and a cop out. As I said months ago, I have NEVER heard a Celtic fan complaining about Strachan not being "Celtic minded". Like I said then, if I did, I'd re-evaluate whoI was hanging around with. Daily Record bull**** and nothing else.

So seeing as you wanted Strach to stay, have you enjoyed the football last season, or the season before? In two years, we've been pretty awful. Last season at least we were getting the odd late goal we always could pull out of the bag, this season even that was gone. Devoid of ideas, aimless, predictable. I've hated watching Celtic this season.

If you want more of the same next season, you have little expectation of the club. If Strachan was still around next season, I don't think I could have watched any more of the football, I honestly feel that strongly about it. Thankfully we won't have him around.

• Advertisement

Are you everyone?

There are sections of the support that were hyper critical because of his Aberdeen days and the fact that he didnt lick their arses in the media like MON did. It was quite pathetic to hear them spout their pish on Celtic forums.
    You mentioned bigotry though.

So seeing as you wanted Strach to stay, have you enjoyed the football last season, or the season before? In two years, we've been pretty awful. Last season at least we were getting the odd late goal we always could pull out of the bag, this season even that was gone. Devoid of ideas, aimless, predictable. I've hated watching Celtic this season.

Didnt say that I wanted him to stay and I'm not going on what is being said in the media but whats being said by Celtic fans on Celtic forums over the last 4 years.

Strachan wasnt to only person to blame for failures at the club this season but everyone is acting like he had full control, when he didnt. Several people fell short, players, management & board but if putting all the blame at his door makes you feel better, go for it.

Didnt say that I wanted him to stay and I'm not going on what is being said in the media but whats being said by Celtic fans on Celtic forums over the last 4 years.

Strachan wasnt to only person to blame for failures at the club this season but everyone is acting like he had full control, when he didnt. Several people fell short, players, management & board but if putting all the blame at his door makes you feel better, go for it.

So did you want him to stay? If not, why not?

I think Strachan did a good job in the first couple of seasons. I enjoyed watching the football (once I got over Artmedia). He brought in new players, some good, some bad, but he seemed to be making things happen, improving the team.

The past two seasons we have regressed, there's no doubt about that. While not entirely responsible on his own, he does have to shoulder most of the burden - that's his job as manager. Not sure what Celtic forums you are on, but most of the stuff I've read has been complaining about the poor football, the teams he picks, the tactics, the lack of finishing rather than anything to do with "Celtic minded"-ness.

The board will have to stump up cash though, there's no doubt about that. They have a lesson to learn here as well as Strachan i.e. trying to be just a bit better than a crap Rangers team is not good enough for Celtic, especially when it doesn't come off like this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

Saying on SSN that Celtic have approached Birmingham to talk to Roy Aitken about the Job

Saying on SSN that Celtic have approached Birmingham to talk to Roy Aitken about the Job

I think he is Celtic minded....! Lads, you are deluding yourselves. There is a section of the Celtic support that never accepted Strachan because of his background. This is a fact, for you to continually deny this I dont know what to say. One of my best mates, a Celtic season ticket holder, has acknowledged this to me. Even a supporters spokesman said as much yesterday. I am not saying all Celtic fans take this view, this would be madness. However, for you to deny there isnt a section of Celtic support who hate him because of his background is also madness. I posted this earlier this season and got accused of being a wind up merchant, yet one of your own fans is brave and honest enough to acknowledge this and I salute for you for this Dempsey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,363 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

So Brewster, what is 'Celtic Minded'?

So Brewster, what is 'Celtic Minded'?

Cmon now, I think we all know what we are talking about here. Re read a few posts further up thread and you will get a good idea.... I didnt bring this subject up on this occasion, but its wrong of you guys to deny this exists and hence im supporting Dempsey's views. The guy is spot on. When you hear people like John Hartson saying the fans "hate" Strachan, there is more to it than the manager simply not signing a left back or the "quality" of football played. Hmmmm

Do you honestly think that people are stupid and can't see this???

please please please be Roy Aitken! :D:D:D:D

Brewster wrote: »
    Cmon now, I think we all know what we are talking about here. Re read a few posts further up thread and you will get a good idea.... I didnt bring this subject up on this occasion, but its wrong of you guys to deny this exists and hence im supporting Dempsey's views. The guy is spot on. When you hear people like John Hartson saying the fans "hate" Strachan, there is more to it than the manager simply not signing a left back or the "quality" of football played. Hmmmm

Do you honestly think that people are stupid and can't see this???

So I ask again, what is "Celtic Minded"?

So I ask again, what is "Celtic Minded"?

Ask away to your Hearts content. Dempsey has explained what is it, Ive said I agree with him? What are you trying to achieve??? What more is there to discuss?

No he has not, he has stated that Strachan is not 'Celtic Minded' therefore a lot of fans were against him from the off. You appear to be the resident expert on all things 'Celtic Minded' so I asked you. If you feel you cannot answer, I will open it out to anybody

What does 'Celtic Minded' mean?

No he has not, he has stated that Strachan is not 'Celtic Minded' therefore a lot of fans were against him from the off. You appear to be the resident expert on all things 'Celtic Minded' so I asked you. If you feel you cannot answer, I will open it out to anybody

What does 'Celtic Minded' mean?

Mate your on the windup..... It is very clear reading between the lines of Dempsey's post and the subsequent responses from other posters what it means. I concur with this view. Its the elephant in the room that no1 wishes to discuss. I don't want to get into a long winded debate on this subject, we are not going to agree on this and this is ok too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

Mate your on the windup..... It is very clear reading between the lines of Dempsey's post and the subsequent responses from other posters what it means. I concur with this view. Its the elephant in the room that no1 wishes to discuss. I don't want to get into a long winded debate on this subject, we are not going to agree on this and this is ok too.

If it is clear, help me out then?

Some Celtic fans do not like Strachan because he used to part of a team who inflicted damage to Celtic years ago? ... Probably agree with that one

Some Celtic fans do not like Strachan because he he never gave interviews to the newspapers? Probably agree with that one

Some Celtic fans do not like Strachan because he is short? Probably agree with that one

Some Celtic fans do not like Strachan because he treats Celtic fans with contempt? Probably agree with that one

Some Celtic fans do not like Strachan because he never supported the club as a child? Probably agree with that one

Some Celtic fans do not like Strachan because he drops key players for key games? Probably agree with that one

Some Celtic fans do not like Strachan because he has a love in with certain players even if they continually play ****e? Probably agree with that one

Some Celtic fans do not like Strachan because he did not go to a Catholic school? Probably agree with that one

Some Celtic fans do not like Strachan because he does not have Irish ancestry? Probably agree with that one

Some Celtic fans do not like Strachan because he played for Scotland? Probably agree with that one

Some Celtic fans do not like Strachan because he uses that stupid notebook during games? Probably agree with that one

Some Celtic fans do not like Strachan because he is a Yes man? Probably agree with that one

Some Celtic fans do not like Strachan because he brought the football level down a peg or two over the last couple of years? Probably agree with that one

Some Celtic fans do not like Strachan because he supported the invasion of Iraq? Probably agree with that one

Some Celtic fans do not like Strachan because he came out with meaningless platitudes after games? Probably agree with that one

Mate your on the windup

LMAO the irony here, this coming from a guy who ''claims'' to be neither a Celtic or Rangers fan yet posts solely in this thread and has an opinion on everything, can everyone please just ignore this clown please.

And back on topic I sincerely hope that Roy Aitken is being approached to be assistant manager I dont think he is anywhere near ready for the main job tbh.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement