Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Glasgow Celtic Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2008/09

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Badabing wrote: »
    Anyone on here apart from eirebhoy not want Hartley to stay at Celtic for another year?

Me too dont think there is a role there for him next year at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Ach im just at the wind up Paulo, to be honest non of them will notice it anyway as i think its beneath them to talk about Scottish Football unless there has been some trouble! ;)

I'm bored....i miss football.....

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Eirebear wrote: »
    Ach im just at the wind up Paulo, to be honest non of them will notice it anyway as i think its beneath them to talk about Scottish Football unless there has been some trouble! ;)

I'm bored....i miss football.....

Well this is true. I find it funny to see some of the "can't stand all that Celtic/Rangers ****e" from some of the posters on different EPL club threads, yet they'll all tell each other to f**k off just as often - in fact more often than you'll ever see on here!

Yeah, looking forward to the start of the new season.... where will we be able to watch it though? :confused::(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭lisbon_lions

Im not sure Hartley will fit into the Mowbray way of playing progressive forward football. A 2 year deal is Greece would be a nice way to finish up the career imo. Hope Mowbray has a nice purse to spend during the summer. We need to bolster a few positions in the squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

PauloMN wrote: »
    Oh, and that ^^^ didn't go unnoticed either! :D

The only place Brewster gets a hard time is in THIS thread..... Nowhere else... The Arsenal fans would have alot more time and respect for my opinions than some posters in this thread, im certain of that ;)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Poor ikkle Brewster... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭poindexter

Im not sure Hartley will fit into the Mowbray way of playing progressive forward football. A 2 year deal is Greece would be a nice way to finish up the career imo. Hope Mowbray has a nice purse to spend during the summer. We need to bolster a few positions in the squad.
    the thing with Hartley though is he would be someone who would get forward and make things happen, i personally think Strachan held him back from this and kept him in a more secure steady ship kind of role.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭lisbon_lions

poindexter wrote: »
    the thing with Hartley though is he would be someone who would get forward and make things happen, i personally think Strachan held him back from this and kept him in a more secure steady ship kind of role.

Fair point there, maybe he was shackled under strachan?? Any news on him going to Greece yet?

No more news on Hartley this morning yet.

Hull apparently looking for McDonald:
    http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/celtic/2009/06/26/exclusive-hull-city-prepare-shock-bid-for-celtic-ace-scott-mcdonald-86908-21472836/

I'd be gutted to see him go tbh. Our only reasonably consistent striker over the past two seasons. But if he has to go, Celtic should really hold out for big money for him.

And Doumbe has a go at Strachan
    http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/celtic/2009/06/25/gordon-strachan-made-my-spell-at-celtic-miserable-says-jean-joel-perrier-doumbe-86908-21470618/

Can't say I blame him, I liked him when he was played early on and couldn't understand how he wasn't used more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Brewster wrote: »
    The only place Brewster gets a hard time is in THIS thread..... Nowhere else... The Arsenal fans would have alot more time and respect for my opinions than some posters in this thread, im certain of that ;)

I'm always wary of someone that refers to themselves in the first person.;)

• Advertisement

poindexter is also wary of such people :rolleyes:

Why is that?! Do enlighten me please......

Why is that?! Do enlighten me please......

They usually have an inflated ego i find, that's all. No offence meant. Who do ya follow?

They usually have an inflated ego i find, that's all. No offence meant. Who do ya follow?

No offense taken, just curious as to what you were getting at! I think it would be fair to say that I dont lack confidence! As to the team I support...... where have you been over the last few months? Apparently, I am Ireland's greatest living Rangers supporter EVER... (Apparent only to those who post on this thread mind you..)

So whats happening this morning? Any transfer gossip surrounding the OLD FIRM?

Read the papers for transfer gossip. Nothing new on Celtic. You probably need to go to a hun forum for transfer news for your team though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

Read the papers for transfer gossip. Nothing new on Celtic. You probably need to go to a hun forum for transfer news for your team though.

Thought better of you Paul :(

Well I just have a pain in my hole with how this thread has turned into a train wreck since certain people have started posting here. He's a joke plain and simple.

I'm sure I'll get a ban or whatever, but frankly I don't give a **** as I can't be bothered posting on this thread at the moment anyway.

G'luck.

Well I just have a pain in my hole with how this thread has turned into a train wreck since certain people have started posting here. He's a joke plain and simple.

I'm sure I'll get a ban or whatever, but frankly I don't give a **** as I can't be bothered posting on this thread at the moment anyway.

G'luck.

Well I hope you don't get a ban just lighten up mate think we are feeling the same way just now It's the time of the year :p

Well I hope you don't get a ban just lighten up mate think we are feeling the same way just now It's the time of the year :p

Paul, no one wants anyone to get a ban, including myself. Whats the point of it? I do think I could be treated with a bit more respect. Yes I post things on this forum that are sometimes unpopular among the Celtic support, but I speak my mind and what I believe in and won't apologise for this. The world is a big place, there is room for everyone in it. Not sure what more I can say to you??:eek:

• Advertisement

G'luck.
    ah the joys of pre-season :D

G'luck.

Great isn't it :(:(

But thats a question now is this post-season or pre-season?? :D

But thats a question now is this post-season or pre-season?? :D

Got to be pre-season now though some of us are still basking in the glory of post-season :p

No offense taken, just curious as to what you were getting at! I think it would be fair to say that I dont lack confidence! As to the team I support...... where have you been over the last few months? Apparently, I am Ireland's greatest living Rangers supporter EVER... (Apparent only to those who post on this thread mind you..)

Fcuk the 'old firm'. No guilt by association.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,363 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

You are some piece of work :rolleyes:

If you want news or gossip surrounding Celtic, stay here. If you want Rangers news or gossip you can go somewhere else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

Just announced a pre-season game with Man City

http://www.celticfc.net/news/stories/news_290609140509.aspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

ziggy wrote: »
    never a truer word said.

when the new season kicks off, where do all the Bhoys from here go to watch teh games??? i have my season ticket sorted, but don't know how often i will be going over, and now that ****anta have went AWOL, are there any places that Celtic supporting boardies will watch the games?

You are some piece of work :rolleyes:

If you want news or gossip surrounding Celtic, stay here. If you want Rangers news or gossip you can go somewhere else.

Lads cmon, most Celtic and Rangers fans keep an eye on each others signings over summer. Its only natural, its a perfectable reasonable thing to ask.

• Advertisement

ziggy wrote: »

Absolutely Ziggy, I couldn't agree with you more. I just feel some of the comments directed towards me have been very unfriendly. I respect ALL the posters on boards, right accross the threads I post on, but dont feel I get that back here from certain posters. I dont agree with what they say at times, but I still respect their right to express that opinion.

Lads cmon, most Celtic and Rangers fans keep an eye on each others signings over summer. Its only natural, its a perfectable reasonable thing to ask.

But i thought you were neither :confused:

Ask yourself this Brewster, why are so ashamed of being a Rangers fan that you have to carry on with all this sh*te, Broxi and Eire have no problems coming on here and acting like adults in an adult debate but you on the other hand :rolleyes:

But i thought you were neither :confused:

Ask yourself this Brewster, why are so ashamed of being a Rangers fan that you have to carry on with all this sh*te, Broxi and Eire have no problems coming on here and acting like adults in an adult debate but you on the other hand :rolleyes:

Hi Premierstone, I take an interest in Old Firm without having a strong preference for either. I am not that different to the thousands of other Irish men and women that who watch Old Firm games without really caring who wins. Depending on circumstances I have found myself cheering for both teams. The only difference between myself and the said thousands is that I am member of boards.ie and like to post about this interest on a soccer forum. Hardly earth shattering stuff? I am all for adult debate, thats exactly what I am here for. If expressing a negative opinion of Celtic or a section of their support at times makes you a Rangers fan, then guilty as charged. In this scenario, I suspect Rangers Football Club have a rather large support base in this country! Maybe Sir David Murray needs to be alerted to this untapped potential!! See how futile and silly your argument is Premierstone?

Well thats you lot missed out on Fletcher then signed for Burnley in a 3 million deal :eek:

Well thats you lot missed out on Fletcher then signed for Burnley in a 3 million deal :eek:

Celtic are trying to sign some guy from Nancy apparently...

Yeah but Hull and now West Ham have entered the equation ;)

Yeah but Hull and now West Ham have entered the equation ;)
    never seen the posts you were responding to, but with the teams it must be Fortune you're talking about. I for one really hope we don't sign him, he's more than welcome to try his luck in the EPL yet again, just don't bring him to Paradise

never seen the posts you were responding to, but with the teams it must be Fortune you're talking about. I for one really hope we don't sign him, he's more than welcome to try his luck in the EPL yet again, just don't bring him to Paradise

To be honest I agree with you I don't think he would be a great signing

Yeah Mark Fortune guy from Nancy. Why dont you fancy him? Surely with the amounts of Premiership teams reportedly after him he cant be a bad player??

What do other Celtic fans think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

His scoring record in the Scotch league isn't great though so I wouldn't be too worried about that

• Advertisement

His scoring record in the Scotch league isn't great though so I wouldn't be too worried about that

I wasn't but I know a lot of Celtic fans that wanted him in the team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

The last time I checked with the regulars on this thread, the overwhelming consensus was that contributions from Rangers fans were welcome here. I'm surprised to see two of the respondents on that occasion now suggesting the opposite.

I'll take this opportunity to remind posters again of the warning I posted a few pages back.

Play nice please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

I hope Celtics lack of new players brought in so far doesn't have the same outcome as 2005 when the players only had a couple of weeks training before a european match. We need at least 4 new players i think to have a good chance of being compettive in europe. Europa League wouldn't be the end of the world as the money is decent this year.

The last time I checked with the regulars on this thread, the overwhelming consensus was that contributions from Rangers fans were welcome here. I'm surprised to see two of the respondents on that occasion now suggesting the opposite.

I'll take this opportunity to remind posters again of the warning I posted a few pages back.

Play nice please.

To be fair mate there are only two posters on here who admit to being Rangers fans myself and Eirebear and I don't believe the Celtic fans are upset with anything we have done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

To be fair mate there are only two posters on here who admit to being Rangers fans myself and Eirebear and I don't believe the Celtic fans are upset with anything we have done

You're the worst by far:D btw do you think Ferguson will stay? Do ye need him.

You're the worst by far:D btw do you think Ferguson will stay? Do ye need him.

Thanks a lot :D

I hope he goes I will wish him good luck but I don't think he brings much to the team now I noticed last year just how much our game slowed when he was playing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Blackjack

I'm happy enough with that for Fletcher, he didn't want to stay anyway, and I think it's a fair price.

Apparently we've let O'Brien go, he didn't have as much of an impact as I'd hoped, and we've signed 19 year old Daniel Galbraith from Manchester United. Anyone know anything about him?.

Blackjack wrote: »
    I'm happy enough with that for Fletcher, he didn't want to stay anyway, and I think it's a fair price.

Apparently we've let O'Brien go, he didn't have as much of an impact as I'd hoped, and we've signed 19 year old Daniel Galbraith from Manchester United. Anyone know anything about him?.

Where did O'Brien go mate from the little I saw of him he looked a half decent player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Blackjack

Where did O'Brien go mate from the little I saw of him he looked a half decent player

Contract terminated by Mutual consent apparently. Shame, I thought he'd be alright, but he was forever injured.

• Advertisement

I hope Celtics lack of new players brought in so far doesn't have the same outcome as 2005 when the players only had a couple of weeks training before a european match. We need at least 4 new players i think to have a good chance of being compettive in europe. Europa League wouldn't be the end of the world as the money is decent this year.

TBH i can's see us getting to the group stages of the CL and even if we did i think we would just be canon fodder for the bigger teams. The Europa League at least offers the prospect of a decent European run.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement