Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Glasgow Celtic Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2008/09

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Well back to club football this weekend - full lineup for Saturday is:

Aberdeen v Hamilton, 15:00
    Falkirk v Hearts, 15:00
    Hibernian v Dundee Utd, 15:00
    Inverness CT v St Mirren, 15:00
    Motherwell v Celtic, 12:30
    Rangers v Kilmarnock, 15:00

Celtic game on Setanta 1 at 12.30 - if it turns out to be brutal, at least you can switch over to the Liverpool v Utd game. ;-)

Must win for Celtic really, can't slip to 5 or 6 behind at this stage. I wonder will we see some of the new faces like Crosas and Loovens starting this one after a busy week of internationals for a lot of the boys? Need a good performance ahead of the first CL game. Personally I'd like to see Boruc rested for the time being, but I think M. Brown is woeful so I can't see that happening. S. Brown in my opinion is not good enough to be starting at the moment and should be benched. McHandball probably could do with a rest as well. :)

I'd go with:

Artur

- Hinkel -- Caldwell -- Loovens -- Naylor

- Naka -- Robson -- Hartley -- McGeady

Maloney

Samaras

Skippy, JVoH and Crosas as subs.

This is assuming of course that Naylor is fit - I've no idea if he is.

My predictions:

Aberdeen v Hamilton, 2-1
    Falkirk v Hearts, 1-1
    Hibernian v Dundee Utd, 0-2
    Inverness CT v St Mirren, 3-1
    Motherwell v Celtic, 0-2 (;))
    Rangers v Kilmarnock, 2-0

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

by Ronnie Cully
    "BOBO BALDE'S refusal to move to Birmingham during the summer transfer window has cost him his place in Celtic's Champions League squad"

That has got to be the most impressive piece of journalism since time began... Eh Ronnie, so if he had of joined Birmingham he might have made Celtic's CL squad?:pac::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Hartley over Brown PauloMN? Brown is a much better player imo and is also in better form. Hartley has to be dropped. Scotland were a much better team when they dropped him and played Brown deeper.

I'd like to see McGeady rested. Brown, Robson and Crosas in midfield. Naka and Maloney supporting Samaras.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Brewster wrote: »
    by Ronnie Cully
    "BOBO BALDE'S refusal to move to Birmingham during the summer transfer window has cost him his place in Celtic's Champions League squad"

That has got to be the most impressive piece of journalism since time began... Eh Ronnie, so if he had of joined Birmingham he might have made Celtic's CL squad?:pac::eek:

lol, arent scottish journalists the best!? :D

Good to have some real football back though.

I dont think Rangers will have an easy time against Killie considering they are yet to concede a goal this season. Fortunately though they arent scoring many either so i reckon Rangers will take it by the odd goal (or two ;))

Fir park is never an easy place to go to either, but will Motherwell have one eye on the European game against Nancy in midweek?
    3-1 Celtic

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

eirebhoy wrote: »
    Hartley over Brown PauloMN? Brown is a much better player imo and is also in better form.

I disagree. Maybe he could be a better player, but he's not showing it right now, and hasn't for a long time imo. At least you know what you get with Hartley. Some time on the bench might do Scott Brown the world of good. I keep hoping to see the flashes of brilliance we all know he has and that we saw glimpses of when he signed, but we haven't seen them.

Remember, this guy was a big big signing for Celtic. I remember thinking a midfield of Naka, Brown, Donati and McGeady would be dominating SPL games easily. He's not been as disappointing as Donati, but he's not been far from it.

Don't worry though, he'll be playing tomorrow, wee Gordon picks the team, not me. :D

You're right, Brown can be much better than he's showing. Why drop him then? We've 2 players playing a similar type of game. They're both performing as well as each other. 1 of them is playing as well as we'd expect. The other we know can play better.

I think if we play Brown, the very minimum we're going to get is Hartley's level. Therefore I'd play him.

Brown needs to be playing beside a playmaker for him to be appreciated. Hartley is appreciated so I'm sure Brown would if he continued his current form. Because he has a much quicker football brain than Hartley and we're a lot more likely to play good football with him in the team than Hartley.

Hartley played an hour against Macedonia and 10 minutes against Iceland. That exact time he was on the pitch in both games were Scotland's worst periods. He sits too deep, he invites pressure, he takes too long on the ball.

I even said it before he got taken off against Montenegro that he is the main reason for Scotland playing so poorly. I hope Strachan drops him.

btw - that midfield of Brown, Naka, Donati and McGeady were dominating SPL games for the most part. We just need Crosas to be a Donati type player that can hack the tempo of the SPL.

Team for today:

Boruc
    Wilson --- Caldwell --- McManus --- Naylor
    Crosas --- Brown --- Robson
    --- Samaras --- McDonald --- Maloney ---

Really excited about watching this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Team for today:

Boruc
    Wilson --- Caldwell --- McManus --- Naylor
    Crosas --- Brown --- Robson
    --- Samaras --- McDonald --- Maloney ---

Really excited about watching this.

WOW! So far so good, Crosas just looks the part. This is what Celtic should do all the time pass and move play balls in quickly to the front.

• Advertisement

What football! :eek: That 4th goal was just class.

Everyone having such a good game.

Brown has played very well today so far. Much more like the Scott Brown we saw at Hibs. Why don't we see that more often?

Crosas looks good, nice to see his long passes through the middle, not something you see often from Celtic.

Maloney and Samaras are ripping Motherwell apart. I think McGeady is a fantastic player, but Maloney definitely is more adventurous and harder to defend against. McGeady seems a bit predictable compared with Maloney.

Not wishing to take away from what definitely is a great Celtic performance, Motherwell are very poor though.

Based on that first half performance, Strachan is going to have some tough choices for the CL game.

PauloMN wrote: »
    Brown has played very well today so far. Much more like the Scott Brown we saw at Hibs. Why don't we see that more often?
    Coincedence that I thought Brown would play better without Hartley? Nah. ;) Brown's just part of a much better team at the moment and those simple passes are looking all the better. I do think he's working much harder today though but he also has more freedom to run around.

The big difference is, when Brown passes to Hartley he's going back to square one. When he passes to Crosas it's continuing a sequence of passing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

4-2 now:eek:

Much more exciting game than the Pool United one.

Jaysus, I hope Sheridan isn't always so greedy. Samaras was sure of a hatrick there at the end. Should have been a goal off Naka's corner as well.

Good result in the end, pity to lose two 2nd half goals. Motherwell came right back into it for a spell and Celtic's defence looked a bit shakey, along with some of the passing.

Happy with Crosas overall, faded a bit 2nd half but that's to be expected until he's playing regularily I suppose. Wilson was a bit disappointing I thought, I think he's too easily beaten. Samaras is proving himself to be a good buy, delighted for him. I forgot JVoH was suspended today, at least we'll have JVoH, Samaras and McDonald to pick from on Wednesday.

Any guesses for how the team will line out against Aalborg? After today, it's hard to tell.

Jaysus, I hope Sheridan isn't always so greedy. Samaras was sure of a hatrick there at the end. Should have been a goal off Naka's corner as well.

Good result in the end, pity to lose two 2nd half goals. Motherwell came right back into it for a spell and Celtic's defence looked a bit shakey, along with some of the passing.

Happy with Crosas overall, faded a bit 2nd half but that's to be expected until he's playing regularily I suppose. Wilson was a bit disappointing I thought, I think he's too easily beaten. Samaras is proving himself to be a good buy, delighted for him. I forgot JVoH was suspended today, at least we'll have JVoH, Samaras and McDonald to pick from on Wednesday.

Any guesses for how the team will line out against Aalborg? After today, it's hard to tell.

Hinkel in for Wilson and Mcgeady in for Maloney leave the others where they are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

Thought celtic deserved there win played some decent football that said motherwell were woeful to be fair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,363 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Some lovely stuff from Celtic in the 1st half. Mad 3 minute spell in the 2nd!

Still hurts from 2 weeks ago

Naka for Crosas. Jan for Samaras. Maybe Hinkel for Wilson.

That's what I predict. I can't see McGeady starting. The only chance of McGeady starting is if he comes in for McDonald. Maloney and Naka are certs to start and rightly so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

That's what I predict. I can't see McGeady starting. The only chance of McGeady starting is if he comes in for McDonald. Maloney and Naka are certs to start and rightly so.

McGeady is our best player but there's no doubt he warrants being dropped.

What I can`t understand though is how Caldwell and McManus are undroppable, they are probably the fourth and fifth best centre halves at the club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭vincenzo1975

Why do you think McGeady is off form? Having a confidence problem??

• Advertisement

Would like to see Samaras start ahead of JVoH. I think he's done enough at this stage. Strachan doesn't like to mess about up front with his favourites though, especially in the CL.

I think we'll need an away win this season, can't see us winning all 3 home games again. Never seen Aalborg play, will be interesting to see how we do against them on Wednesday, and if we could possibly get an away win against them. Yeah, I know, away win.... :eek:

My prediction - based on nothing other than sheer guesswork - for Wednesday: 3-1 to Celtic, after Aalborg open the scoring around 30 mins in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭vincenzo1975

I see there have been some development s after the terrible behaviour and racist singing of the Rangers fans at the last Old Firm Game.

It has been raised with the scottish Gov via the Irish consul general in Edinburgh. It will be interesting to see just how Rangers deal with it? The track record with them deLING WITH THEIR FANS TROUBLEMAKING IS TERRIBLE.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/scotland/glasgow_and_west/7617518.stm

For those who dont know it, here are the lyrics to the song in question. Is this any different to poking fun at the jews regarding the holocaust?
    http://wearenotthepeople.blogspot.com/2008/09/racist-famine-song.html

Just looking at the fixtures there, it seems Celtic will be at home after every CL game bar this first one against the Danes. This is a lucky break, significantly reduces the chances of dropping points after CL games.

The SPL games before the CL are very tough though.

I think its best playing at home after the CL games to be honest. More likely to drop points away from home. I dont think Celtic will have their eye off the ball in the league games before CL matches, you play the league match and the CL match takes care of itself. Realistically I cant see Celtic taking points from either United or Villareal away, so its the Danes away is the key fixture without a shadow of a doubt...

The standard of the Spl has improved over the last few years it's rare enough that Celtic beat teams reguarly by 5 or 6, so no matter if were home or away after Champ leauge action it will be tough, but obiously a home match is better.

Well, well. That's ruined the rest of my week. :(

1st half Celtic were terrible. Long ball from defence to attack time and time again. They obviously thought AAB have a slow defence and play a high line but McDonald wasn't beating anyone for pace. Maloney was good in the first half, winning the peno and creating whatever was created.

2nd half was a different story. The long balls were gone. Brown and Naka came into the game much more. I thought Brown played really well 2nd half. He showed great urgency while Robson drifted out of the game more. His play for the goal was excellent. Samaras caused problems but he was frustrating.

I think people can get caught up in the frustration of how the game was going. Celtic played well for a lot of the 2nd half. Anyway, that doesn't matter if the score is 0-0 at the end. It'll always be a "should have been 1-0" to me though after Naka was wrongly judged to be offside for the goal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

btw, those 1st half tactics were the final straw with me and Strachan. Many teams may have scouted AAB and saw that they're poor at dealing with balls over the top. It doesn't mean they'd go and make that their number 1 tactic for the game. Strachan did just that. I'm disappointed because Celtic are a much better team and shouldn't be playing long ball from the 1st minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

Yeah, very dissapointing result for Celtic. I didnt see all of the game, just bits of it as it was on in the background, and the analysis after (no, I wasnt watching the Man Utd match either!), and although a few chances were created Celtic failed to break them down. One question posed was the lack of McGeady from the start. That's what I feared with the signing back of Maloney that the apple-cart which was working with the 4-4-2 would be upset. Now it has come home to roost. Similarly I thought Samaras is not good enough for us. I think there was a demonstration of that tonight although he seemed to try hard so cant blame him personally for effort, etc. Its just his style and technique.

That penalty was badly taken. Robbo is not a silky finisher but he has the guts to step up and take it as shown previously. But far too straight on.

Given that this was on paper the easiet game its clearly 2 pts dropped and will make qualifying a mountain to climb and may even put the 3rd spot in jeopardy.

eirebhoy > btw, those 1st half tactics were the final straw with me and Strachan.

Tactics or player selection or a bit of both. Aalborg have to be commended for the way they set themselves up and made things awkward for us. But long ball game would have suited VofH more so that doesnt make sense if it was a 'do long ball as much as you can' instruction from Gordy. I am not totally happy with his decisions either. Tonight, things definitely didnt work out.

Redspider

• Advertisement

ziggy wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

That's about the extent of it alright. I had hoped we'd go all out for 6 points against Aalborg - even at that it would have been difficult to qualify from that group.

Now it's a case of aiming for 3rd spot, unless a number of miracles take place.

I think we'll need to go for a win against Aalborg away to even have a hope of 3rd spot at this stage.

As regards the actual game, we were poor 1st half. Robson's penalty was shocking. I knew as soon as he stepped up it wasn't going in, had a feeling he'd go straight down the middle again.

2nd half was much better, and on balance I thought we should have won. Disallowed goal was very harsh, don't know how it was called offside to be honest. Naka was far better 2nd half, I wanted him off after the 1st half - he was pretty sloppy by his standards. Maloney didn't offer as much as I'd expected overall. Thought Samaras was very good, just over complicated things a little, but was far better than McDonald who was very poor and little threat for the whole time he played.

I think we'll be lucky to take anything from Utd and Villareal, home or away. Not looking forward to those games. I hope we can do enough for 3rd spot.

Lads, I dont know what Robson is doing taking penalties. He is a disaster waiting to happen, I was flicking between both matches and when I heard he missed a penalty I knew for sure he put it down the middle and the keeper saved it. Sure enough. Every penalty he has taken has gone that way and any good opposition coach would have noticed this and instructed his keeper accordingly. Thats Celtic's campaign over before its started basically. Villareal were excellent last night and Celtic realistically dont have any chance over there. The irony of a team, only in Cl because of Gers failure, ending Celtic's winning home CL run is not lost on me....

Something is wrong, McGeady has been dropped again. Strachan does hold grudges then?

It is quite funny (in a surreal sort of way) watching the Rangers spokesmen justify the singing about the famine this week

25a2esz.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

He's been awful this season in fairness.

Maloney, Naka, Brown and Crosas would definitely have been in my team today so for McGeady to start it'd have to be in place of one of the strikers. I see Strachan says Robson isn't playing because he's injured. Every player he seems to drop is injured. :D

Really looking forward to seeing this midfield anyway. 4 intelligent and decent passers.

Good away win today with goals for Maloney and 2 for Samaras. Maloney also missed a penalty.

Easy win with all midfielders in about 3rd gear.

Samaras is a poor man's Torres, which I'm more than happy with. ;)

Something is wrong, McGeady has been dropped again. Strachan does hold grudges then?

It is quite funny (in a surreal sort of way) watching the Rangers spokesmen justify the singing about the famine this week

Good piece that (including that picture of Liz Hurley). :D Hits the nail on the head really. The way this racism is being handled is just typically Scottish though. And of course that fud from the DUP (also a bunch of racists) has to weigh in. Funny how he gets involved when Rangers are under the spotlight (or not under it as the case may be).

As for the match - played well again, could have been a couple more goals up. Hard to believe we couldn't beat Aalborg at home in the middle of those two away league games.

Samaras is proving a great investment, and I'm glad Strachan has benched McDonald for the time being. Don't know what it is but having Maloney playing seems to be allowing Samaras and JVoH to be able to be more adventurous, especially Samaras. The 3 of them caused Kille all sorts of problems yesterday.

Thought Caldwell :eek: and Naka also had great games.

Good piece that (including that picture of Liz Hurley). :D Hits the nail on the head really. The way this racism is being handled is just typically Scottish though. And of course that fud from the DUP (also a bunch of racists) has to weigh in. Funny how he gets involved when Rangers are under the spotlight (or not under it as the case may be).

As for the match - played well again, could have been a couple more goals up. Hard to believe we couldn't beat Aalborg at home in the middle of those two away league games.

Samaras is proving a great investment, and I'm glad Strachan has benched McDonald for the time being. Don't know what it is but having Maloney playing seems to be allowing Samaras and JVoH to be able to be more adventurous, especially Samaras. The 3 of them caused Kille all sorts of problems yesterday.

There was an article in the Irish Independent last week mocking Celtic fans for making an issue of this!! Yes one of our own broadsheet papers. The newspaper the article above is printed in wouldnt exactly be a quality publication shall we say! (Liz Hurley aside!) So there are two sides to this. I think its a clever song, very original and dont find it offensive at all (as an Irishman)! Its purely a wind-up from a set of fans to another. Judging by the reaction of some fans on here, Rangers fans have achieved their objective! Most of the Celtic fans I talk too think its a fuss about nothing and that its blown out of all proportion. They have the grace to admit some of their own fans are no angels when it comes to song lyrics! :)

• Advertisement

I think its a clever song, very original and dont find it offensive at all (as an Irishman)! Its purely a wind-up from a set of fans to another.

To be honest, it's not them singing it that I personally object to, but more the way the establishment has handled it. Whether you or I or anyone else is offended by it or not is not really the issue. The fact of the matter is that it's racism, and racism has to be removed from football. I can't - and rightly so - go to a match and start chanting for blacks, or Chinese, or Pakistanis etc. to go home, it's just not acceptable any more in a multi-cultural society.

Martin Bain's statement angered me though. Instead of condemning the song, he basically advised against it being sung, because it could lead to arrest. (Ask yourself why it could lead to arrest). So he doesn't have a problem with racism so long as it's kept under wraps.

I'm well aware of the scumbag element that travel to Celtic away games, and heard about the alleged chanting at Fir Park. However, just to put it in context, here's what Celtic FC had to say about that:
    We recognise that there have been reports of elements of inappropriate behaviour at last weekend’s match at Fir Park, and clearly this is something which the Club opposes completely.

And here's what Bain had to say about the Rangers fans singing their latest ditty:
    Clearly some supporters feel aggrieved that a song they believe to be no more than a tit for tat 'wind up' of Celtic supporters should be singled out in this way and merit the attention of police, governments and anti-racism organisations. In recent times, the absence of sanction or attention directed at any other club supports the contention that this is very much a one-way street. This is despite the best efforts of this Club to highlight such issues in constructive discussion with the relevant authorities.

The Club shares supporters' frustration that offensive and wholly unacceptable songs such as those 'celebrating' the Ibrox disasters or inciting death threats to our players are sung by supporters of other clubs on a regular basis with little or no comment or reprimand from any quarter.

The Club also believes that the issue of unacceptable conduct and anti-social behaviour at football matches has at times been used by individuals or groups to pursue their own agendas and there have been instances of this in the recent past.

That said, the Club has a duty to ensure the interests of our supporters are protected. It is not in the interests of any supporter to stand accused of racism or sectarianism or face the prospect of being arrested.

That is why the Club took the view that the interests of our supporters would be best served by refraining from singing The Famine Song.

Bit of a difference. Basically he says don't sing the song, not because it's racist, but because you might get into trouble. And then he just points the finger at everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

I myself don't like the song but really celtic fans amuse me with the high moral ground they take don't see many condeming the wee ditty about nacho novo dying in his sleep from a bullet by the IRA for example

Well ultimately it's up to the clubs to condemn offensive chants and songs, especially racist ones.

I'm happy to see that Celtic as a club do so and continue to do so. Rangers FC on the other hand appear not to, however I wouldn't expect otherwise from a club with its history.

The difference is that Celtic as a club can state its complete opposition to offensive singing because it's a small minority of people who involve themselves in such. If Rangers FC were to do same, Bain knows that they'd alienate a large section of their support.

Chalk and cheese as far as I'm concerned.

Some good points Paulo, I can see where your coming from. I do however think the PC thing has gone over the top though from all sides. For example my mate at CL game last week said, "No huns in Europe" scarfs were being confiscated by the police for being offensive towards Rangers fans. Like come on, lighten up policeman! I would commend both OF clubs for the progress they have made, the singing of the Billy Boys virtually disappeared overnight and thankfully it has. It was a nasty song, I cant help but see the originality of the famine song. I think your being a little dismissive on the progress Rangers as a club and Rangers fans have made in recent times.

Yeh I thought Caldwell was terrific. He's not lacking in confidence anyway.

I thought Naka had a really good first half but not so good in the 2nd. Defensively he was superb though. He must have won 4 or 5 tackles.

Strachan:
    "Naka just uses his intelligence.

We always try to get people in areas where they can make it difficult. And we let Naka go where he feels he'll be most effective. What he does - and not many people can do this - is he knows where the ball is going to go three passes before it goes there.

He was back there defending when required. He'll cover 12 kilometres in a game like the one at Kilmarnock, and that is more than anyone else other than Scott Brown."

Some good points Paulo, I can see where your coming from. I do however think the PC thing has gone over the top though from all sides. For example my mate at CL game last week said, "No huns in Europe" scarfs were being confiscated by the police for being offensive towards Rangers fans. Like come on, lighten up policeman! I would commend both OF clubs for the progress they have made, the singing of the Billy Boys virtually disappeared overnight and thankfully it has. It was a nasty song, I cant help but see the originality of the famine song. I think your being a little dismissive on the progress Rangers as a club and Rangers fans have made in recent times.

Ach, maybe I am, maybe they've done more than I think, but that last official statement sums them up for me really. I was disappointed in what they had to say about this latest song, and how they started finger pointing just like a scolded child would do. "He did it first" etc..

As for PC'ness - I agree to a certain extent. I don't want sanitised football stadiums devoid of atmosphere, and in general the banter is grand. Some things just cross the line though. I always think of what I would and wouldn't want my son to hear at a game. Banter, chants, songs, bad language - it's all part and parcel of the atmosphere, but I don't want to have to explain why people are singing "why don't you go home", "f**k the Pope" or "fenian blood" to a child. Hence I'd go to any game with him except a Rangers game, and that's a shame.

The confiscated scarfs I'm not sure about though, I did hear they were confiscated because they were bought from illegal street traders rather than having the word "hun" on them. I don't see how they could be confiscated based on anything else.

• Advertisement

Not 100% sure on scarves, a policeman told a mate they were offensive because of the word hun and if he wore it in stadium he would be ejected. Dont know if this was an isolated incident from an over zealous policeman or more than this. I wasnt there myself. However, it wouldn't surprise me with the way things are nowadays at football matches.

I didn't see tonights game but a good performance by all accounts. Team was:

Boruc
    Hinkel --- Loovens --- McManus --- Naylor
    Caddis --- Hartley --- Donati --- McGeady
    Samaras --- McDonald

Goals:
    Loovens
    Samaras
    Brown
    Samaras

Brown's goal apparently an excellent move.

Sounds like it was totally one-sided, in the second half anyway. Surprised it wasn't on the box, I checked STV and BBC Scotland just to be sure but no joy.

Delighted that Brown scored, hope it does his confidence some good as it could be just what he needs. Samaras... well he's on fire at the moment. What a buy he's proving to be. McGeady played very well from what I've read also.

If anyone finds the highlights could you do the honours please? ;)

Sounds like it was totally one-sided, in the second half anyway. Surprised it wasn't on the box, I checked STV and BBC Scotland just to be sure but no joy.

Delighted that Brown scored, hope it does his confidence some good as it could be just what he needs. Samaras... well he's on fire at the moment. What a buy he's proving to be. McGeady played very well from what I've read also.

BBC Scotland are showing the Gers V Thistle game tomorrow, i assume youll get the goals on there

Goals thanks to another forum:
    1-0 Loovens (Caddis)
    2-0 Samaras (Loovens)
    3-0 Brown Samaras)
    4-0 Samaras (Maloney)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement