Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So whats the consensus, is the Eircom 7.6Mb upgrade a success......

Options
  • 04-08-2008 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭

or a complete waste of time, have they tried pushing too far on inadequate lines or is it a great thing with no issues? would like to hear your thoughts before i ever experience an upgrade

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I won't see it till next weekend but only getting upgraded to 3Mb so it's not that much of a speed increase. Still better than nothing I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

I think Eircom have been thoroughly slapped with a wet trout by UPC.

Announce speed increases that beat Eircoms.
    Wait a bit.
    Announce more speed increases that demolish Eircom.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭John mac

I think Eircom have been thoroughly slapped with a wet trout by UPC.

Not much good to most of us who have no access to upc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

Well, I for one am quite happy with it. No problems to report so far. I'm getting download speeds of 730kbs or thereabouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Well, I for one am quite happy with it. No problems to report so far. I'm getting download speeds of 730kbs or thereabouts.

kB
    Arghhhh!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

rc28 wrote: »
    kB
    Arghhhh!!!

I think in this case we all knew that he was referring to Bytes and not bits as there wouldn't be many who would be happy with getting 730kbits on a 7.6mbit package :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

i felt like there was a massive build up to it
    but the finale was nothin more than a flutter :(

i guess the increase was only 1mb for the majority of people :)

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Cameraman

I know it isn't a factor for most, but the big improvement for me will be the doubling in upload speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Cameraman wrote: »
    I know it isn't a factor for most, but the big improvement for me will be the doubling in upload speed.
    lol, ive 8kilobyte upload, its fantastic for uploading pix haha

Advertisement