Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coca Cola Championship

• 04-08-2008 12:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭

Anyone else support a Championship club?

Watford fan here. Dublin born and raised....:confused:

:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

SRFC90 wrote: »

No way:eek:

I'm one too. Dad born and bred there. There's already a Championship thread around.

Two Watford fans. That mean we can have a dedicated thread?:p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Not really, though I do like to see London clubs do well, I am an Arsenal supporter but do have a soft spot for QPR.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Des is on his way round to your house to kill you now.....:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

SantryRed wrote: »
    No way:eek:

I'm one too. Dad born and bred there. There's already a Championship thread around.

Two Watford fans. That mean we can have a dedicated thread?:p

Can't see why not. :D Although there's fack all positive around Watford at the mo. You a member of wfcforums.com?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Not really, though I do like to see London clubs do well, I am an Arsenal supporter but do have a soft spot for QPR.
    Ah, the QPR soft spot strikes again!
    I've lost count of the amount of times I've had someone say that to me when I've been wearing the hoops. Come on you Rs!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

Norwich supporter, season ticket holder and sufferer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I keep an eye on the ancestral home (Wolves) Norwich already on a loosing streak ;)

Mike.

Point for Watford today. Speroni, the Palace keeper got MOTM.

Not able to put away our chances. Without a striker coming in before September, which won't happen because we're going bust. That will be the story of our season I reckon.

mike65 wrote: »
    I keep an eye on the ancestral home (Wolves) Norwich already on a loosing streak ;)

Mike.

We'll turn that around next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

kensutz wrote: »
    Norwich supporter, season ticket holder and sufferer.

Backed Norwich for champioship +20 points at 20/1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

Dublin born and raised....:confused:

So am i therefore it would make zero sense for me to support any team in the championship. I do however support the division in general, i always watch any games when they are on and the highlights on Sunday mornings too because i find it a very exciting league, particularly in comparision to the over-priced, over-hyped and over-rated Premiersh*t.

I'll keep an eye out for Wes Hoolihan at Norwich and Stephen Ward at Wolves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Good point for my boys Forest against Reading today. Paul Smith's save from Kevin Doyle will probably not be bettered this season. Thought Reading looked a bit rusty at times, still think they're suffering from a Premiership hangover. Forest's passing and movement was generally good although we lacked a cutting edge up front, Earnshaw needs some help up there. Although with Cole, Garner, Tyson and Anderson all still to return from injury, i would not be too worried for our long term prospects. We'll be there our thereabouts come May

I think you're being a bit optimistic there Grenache

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Sheffield Wednesday - Top of the League!
    it will be short lived but for now i am going to enjoy it.

Akpo Sodje, the striker who scored 2 of the 4 goals at the weekend is already out long term with a hamstring injury, so the wheels are about to fall off soon i guess!

for followers of Irish lads in Britain, James O'Connor signed for wednesday this year from Burnley.

He's a decent replacement for Whelan, although i know you lost him before last season ended but even still.

kensutz wrote: »
    We'll turn that around next week.

Another loss tonight:eek::pac:

1nil win tonight against Bristol Rovers even though we had a lot of youngsters playing. Lloyd Doyley was the captain:rolleyes:

Santry Red, how do you reckon you'll do today against Charlton?

There's a few Wednesday fans on here isn't there?

Anto McC wrote: »
    Santry Red, how do you reckon you'll do today against Charlton?

It's hit and miss with this game. I think we'll win aslong as he starts the new signing Rasiak up front, but if not, could be nil all or 1all.

Yeah i read that yesterday, a season long loan isn't it?

Personally i think Rasiak is a one season wonder so i don't think you'll get that much out of him. Should have went for a more proven Championship goalscorer but i could well be wrong.

We sadly don't have the money to get anyone else:(

Maybe he can rekindle his form I hope. We released 14 players this summer from the squad and have signed two so far.

One nil win today:D Tommy Smith with the goal.

Going over next Saturday for Forest away. Should be good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Stephen Hunt set up two goals today, and Julian Kelly came on at right back.

I don't know if he's born in Dublin, but he is half cast...what is it with Ireland and immigrant right backs named kelly(stephen kelly has libyan blood)

Kevin Foley set up a goal for Wolves in thier 4-1 win against Wednesday.

Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

One nil win today:D Tommy Smith with the goal.

Going over next Saturday for Forest away. Should be good.

Brilliant stuff!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 588 ✭✭✭laoisforliam

Santry Red,
    How come finances are so bad at Watford? Do you not have more parachute payments this year?

Things at Charlton are also disgracful, we have sold Bent, Young, Bougherra, Iwelumo, reid all for about 25 million, we also should be geting parachute paymentdsbut yet we can only afford to keep 2 centre halves on the books at the mo?? Any decent player we have is being sold at a lesser value than they are worth and being replaced with youngsters coming through. WBA are now meant to be lookin for our Midfielder and one of our top scorers last year for about 2m. This is less than what we paid a year ago.
    I cant under stand where the money has gone and was just seein since youse are in a similar position you could shed a bit of light on the situation.

Santry Red,
    How come finances are so bad at Watford? Do you not have more parachute payments this year?

It's the last year of parachute payments so there preparing now. Every year the payment gets lower too.

After signing Rasiak I'm convinced we can at least make the play offs this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 588 ✭✭✭laoisforliam

I think watford will be there or thereabouts too, cant beklieve that they were being touted as possible relegation candidates by some.

As for Charlton, we will be lucky for top half, too many decent players leaving being replaced by our much Hyped youth players that actually arnt as good as the club would like you to believe.

I think watford will be there or thereabouts too, cant beklieve that they were being touted as possible relegation candidates by some.

Twas the alarming rate that players were leaving the club this summer that had even me and everyone else thinking the worst. Oh well, supposedly we're on a much firmer financial footing now.

Our season rests in the hands of Rasiak to score the goals and Smith to set them up. If them two play well, we'll be right up there.

Great to see us playing some ball on the ground this season though:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Myxomatosis

I support Wednesday.

I don't like Brian Laws. His face and hair reminds me of Turner.

Cracking game of football today. Well worth the trip, pity about the result though.

• Advertisement

Wolves beat Tractor Boys, say thankyou kensutz :)

Mike.

:D And thanks Alex Bruce for being so stupid.

Hey this is the guy who has announced his transfer request via facebook I suspect he may get his wish.

Mike.

That's him alright.

Anto McC wrote: »
    I think you're being a bit optimistic there Grenache
    There's no other way to be!
    We had a shed load of injuries for Saturday's game with Watford but we still came out with a good but hard fought victory. From a footballing point of view, i'm very happy with our passing game. Much better than than the puke stuff we played under Megson or Joke Kinnear.

grenache wrote: »
    We had a shed load of injuries for Saturday's game with Watford but we still came out with a good but hard fought victory. From a footballing point of view, i'm very happy with our passing game. Much better than than the puke stuff we played under Megson or Joke Kinnear.

I don't remember much of you under Megson but i do under Kinnear and your right it was shocking. I must admit so far i've been very pleasantly suprised by Forrest and they are going to take some beating this season having seen them so far this season.

• Advertisement

Martin's goal for yous on Saturday was an absolute belter. :eek:

He's a very good player, ran Doyley ragged(even though it ain't that hard).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭Celtic67

OPENROAD wrote: »

Celtic fan -but have a soft spot for QPR also?

Celtic67 wrote: »
    Celtic fan -but have a soft spot for QPR also?

I can't imagine they'd have much of a soft spot for you :eek:

As was pointed out to me a while back, any club that plays Michael Nyman before games can't be hated too much. Though thats probably changed since the Italian revolution there.

Martin's goal for yous on Saturday was an absolute belter. :eek:

He's a very good player, ran Doyley ragged(even though it ain't that hard).
    Lee Martin is a cracking player, Alex Ferguson rates him highly and i'd love us to get him on a permanent basis. He's much better than that fat judas Kris Commons anyway, the sheep are welcome to him. Apparently he thinks he's Scottish now! :D

I was very impressed with Tommy Smith for Watford, he only needs half a chance to put a ball away. Ye are lacking a bit of strength in depth though, especially around midfield.

Goal-tastic afternoon for Wolves against Forest 4-0.

Norwich down to Brum 0-1

Mike

• Advertisement

Losing 1-0 completely against the run of play. :mad:

Woop 1-1 Rusty

Wolves 5-1 up. Going top esp with Norwich help :)

Mike.

I was very impressed with Tommy Smith for Watford, he only needs half a chance to put a ball away. Ye are lacking a bit of strength in depth though, especially around midfield.

At the minute, he's our only shining light. If he gets injured we could go down, he's scored all of our goals so far this season in the league.

We're live on Sky tonight at 5:20:D

Tommy Smith to score the winner I'm guessing.

I refuse to watch Sky when that crowd are on so COME ON WATFORD

Derby are crashing and burning - Loverman will be the first out the door this season I'd say.

Mike.

This game could go either way, Brum missing sitters and Marshall pulling off some brilliant saves.

Full time 1-1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Doyle with a hat-trick will be doing himself no harm in earning an 11th hour move to the Premiership.

Bollocks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement