Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coca Cola Championship

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Heh! Mart Poom eh?

Wolves season has just been cursed by the BBC - match report mentioned promotion! :eek:

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Robbed of a blatant peno just there.

We're rightly fcuked having to play Priskin up front for the next six weeks because of Rasiaks injury. Priskin's muck.

Now we hit the post:mad:

Should be coasting this. Yet, we're one down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

What the hell is the story with the empty stand at Vicarage Road? It looks dreadful to see a game on tele that it seems no one is at.

Looks like that most weeks at the Riverside ;)

Mike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

mike65 wrote: »
    Looks like that most weeks at the Riverside ;)

Mike

As in Middlesboro? Does any actually watch their games? :D

Anto McC wrote: »
    What the hell is the story with the empty stand at Vicarage Road? It looks dreadful to see a game on tele that it seems no one is at.

Tis the East Stand. It's unsafe:pac: No one's allowed use it on health and safety grounds. Would be great if they could shift the camera around. Gonna be even worse looking once it's knocked down.

Got the win eventually tonight and IMO we deserved it.

87th winner by JJ O'Toole as well. Twice in four days he's done that:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭wowy

Doyle with a hat-trick will be doing himself no harm in earning an 11th hour move to the Premiership.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_div_1/7578454.stm
    Reading manager Steve Coppell on Kevin Doyle's future:
    "We've had no contact from anyone for several weeks about him. "Why on earth would a Premier League club be interested in him now after one performance?

"If he was going to be desirable to anyone then they have had 10 weeks over the summer to get him. "If anyone buys someone in the last few days of the window then unless it's been set up for a few weeks - which isn't the case with him - then it smacks to me of a panic buy.

Well that's certainly one way to talk down your players to potential suitors!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

wowy wrote: »
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_div_1/7578454.stm

Well that's certainly one way to talk down your players to potential suitors!

TBH, his ramblings remind me of this ad

My point was that there will be a couple of prem teams looking at Doyle, and weighing whether to bring him. A hat-trick today could tip the balance and make Doyle stand out over another player they had their eye on.

• Advertisement

Can't see Doyle going.

I'd say Coppell's a bit pissed that Doyle chose the game before the transfer window closes to start scoring again:D

Jason Shackell signed from Nowich to Wolves.

Mike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

Jason Shackell signed from Nowich to Wolves.

Mike

:D:D:D Better make sure ye can score more goals than conceding.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

My beloved Forest certainly got a rude awakening... :o

W00t!

Charlton 1 - 3 Wolves. :)

Manager of the Month award curse does not strike after all.

Mike.

w00t!

Wolves 2-1 over Palace, +12 g/d and 16 points along with Brum.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Another hattrick for Doyle.

6-0 against Wednesday.

They'll get a good price for him in January (if they are not on track for promotion!)

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

eirebhoy wrote: »
    Another hattrick for Doyle.

Two for Noel Hunt as well.

Delighted for him.

Noel Hunt with another, Wolves riding a goal scoring tidal wave, exellent win over 3rd place Preston, Brum loose which is even better.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/table/default.stm

Mike

Crofty you little beauty.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Doyle seems to be the Torres of the Championship. Hatful of goals at home and then nothing away.

JJ O'Toole scored again, giving him 4 in 5 and by all accounts dominated in midfield. He's only very young.

Chris McCann and Garvan are having very good starts to the season as well.

Andy Keogh should be in the goals in the next week or so as Chris Iwelumo will be "resting".

Mke.

Championship topping bump - 7 wins on the bounce and another win over a direct rival.

Wolves 2 - 0 Bristol City :)

Mike

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Forest with another shoddy performance. Now 17 points behind the leaders and propping up the table.

Same boat here.

Lost again today. O'Toole scored again though.

:(

Still top though

Mike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭kenco

Barnsley for many a year

There was a time they were in the Prem and knocking Utd out of the cup.....distant memories

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Forest with another shoddy performance. Now 17 points behind the leaders and propping up the table.
    Unfortunately Richie, i can only see us going one way this year and that is back to where we came from, unless Mr Calderwood is given his P45 and we get someone in who actually tries to win games. He can take his negative tactics with him, i certainly wouldn't shed any tears for him.

180px-Calderwood_out.jpg

We now have lost 7 out of 8 in all competitions :mad:

Reading 3
    Burnley 1

All Irish scorers.

• Advertisement

The Hunt brothers are really working well. Noel has really taken to Championship football.

Yep he has. He has good qualities. I'd be suprised if Dave Mooney doesn't end up scoring for Reading when he gets his chance but Hunt has good attributes whereas Mooney doesn't really have one outstanding feature.

Reading going straight back up if they keep this up, then that what i thought about Wolves, and they didn't (keep it up)! Still the Internationals means time to regroup.

Mike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Reading going straight back up if they keep this up, then that what i thought about Wolves, and they didn't (keep it up)! Still the Internationals means time to regroup.

Mike

I think reading will go up aswell but only definite if can hold onto their players come Jan

WE WON A GAME!!!!!!!!

Get in:D It's been a long time coming.

Wolves come from behind to go top as Brum are held. Norwich loose again, Preston see off Reading.

Mike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Bizarre happenings in the Sheffield derby! Jermaine Johnson subbed for Wednesday, throws the toys out of the pram and kicks a waterbottle into the crowd. Gets sent off despite not even being on the field anymore!

Hate Wolves and Ipswich, we only hate Wolves and Ipswich :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

5-2

*un****ingbelivable*

_42465589_coleman203.jpg

Mike

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Very encouraging performances today in the Championship from Ipswich's Owen Garvan and Watford's John Joe O'Toole...
    Plymouth 1-3 Ipswich

A brilliant brace from Owen Garvan and Kevin Lisbie's first goal in 11 games gave Ipswich a comfortable win.

Jonathan Walters hit the post before Garvan opened the scoring with a crisp volley from the edge of the area.

Garvan then delivered a sucker punch to Argyle three minutes before the break as he rifled in an unstoppable drive.

Lisbie tapped home and make it 3-0 before Craig Cathcart headed in for Plymouth but was then sent off for a second booking on 90 minutes.
    Ipswich boss Jim Magilton:
    "Plymouth is a tough place to come and they made it tough for us today but I thought it was a terrific performance from the whole team.

"We started brightly and Owen Garvan got two great goals for us, after good play in midfield, which put us in a fantastic position going in at half-time.

"We got a bit sloppy at times and gave the ball away too much at the end, but all round I thought it was a terrific display."

Some comments on the BBC's Ipswich Town message board...
    What about some of the good things Magilton has done?

He managed to keep both Garvan & Walters at the club. As all Town supporters are aware, Garven & Walters are quality players, Magilton obviously convinced both to stay, with his intentions for the future. Agree, still a long way to go, but slow progress is being made.
    What today has proved is GARVAN MUST start. He's one of our best players.

In other news John Joe O'Toole scored another goal for Watford but it was a in losing effort as they lost 3-2 to Wolves. He also won Watford a penalty and had another effort cleared off the line. I believe he's now scored 6 goals in 8 games for his team. A comment from one Watford fan:
    JJ O'Toole and Smith NEED to stay in January or I fear the worst...

These two lads appear to be progressing very nicely. Let's hope they keep it up and turn out to be future internationals. :cool:

Meh, Garvan is nothing.

Crazy game for Wolves against Watford, so crazy its deserves a replay of David Coleman

*un****ingbelivable*

_42465589_coleman203.jpg :pac:

Mike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Dont often be up early enough to see the highlights, saw them today but jesus, the Cship and League 1 are ****ing rowdy :pac: All it is is penos, red cards and bizarre on-pitch assaults. One goalie tripped a guy up but the player was already offside. Player complains to goalie, goalie responds by jumping his entire body into him and knocking him on his arse. Madness.

That would be the MK Dons keeper Gueret.

kensutz wrote: »
    Meh, Garvan is nothing.

Care to elaborate on why you think that?

• Advertisement

Because I don't like him which is obvious :pac:

Wolves bump!

Another good afternoon for the Irish lads at Reading Doyle 2, Noel Hunt 1 (can they stop scoring? Please!)

Mike

O'Toole isn't that good to be honest.

He get's in the right places but for a striker that's good, not a centre mid.

We lost again today and I'm seriously worried at the back line. 4-3 at home:eek:

We need Poom back in goal and quick!

Good game again for Owen Garvan on Saturday as Ipswich beat QPR 2-0. I believe he was utilised wider on the left and from the sounds of things he played very well. It was his corner that led to Ipswich's second goal.

Comment from an Ipswich fan on the BBC:
    Owen Garvan - Lucky to stay on pitch in my opinion, but what a player could be the answer to our left sided problems as well, our best player

Doesn't sound like young John Joe O'Toole had the best of days with Watford but he's still learning. It's good to see Reading's Irish contingent playing so well.

Wolves still top :) and Reading still whacking the goals in, another brace for Doyle while Noel Hunt strikes again (Sunny South East mafia really doing well)

Mike

• Advertisement
Advertisement