Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gaming rig! its time i invested :)

Options
  • 04-08-2008 1:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

So here it is... i have £700 to buy a gaming rig that is going to be used to play the latest games. Though im mostly going to be playing a MMO, not decided just yet!

-intel duo based i think its called, cant be ar**d with quad. as i have been reading some crap on the net that says most games arnt actually taking advantage of quad, so in my eyes i think i dont need it :)

--needs to have a monitor! other wise its just a 700 pound paper weight :P
    and erm keyboard :)

i have a mouse, yes random...

im hoping that you can also find a perfect GC that will be in budget and hone in on the aspect that i will be focusing on MMO's!! :)

being a student i cant be going upwards, i know its still alot of dosh and that...so hopfully u can help me out, as its a confusing world of pc hunting!

cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭jonny72

700 sterling or 700 euro?

I can juust about spec you one on hardwareversand.de with a monitor for 700euros, would play all the MMO's including Age of Conan..

If on the other hand its 700 sterling, then you should be able to build a faster machine with a 22 inch gaming monitor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 PingVsPong

700 sterling m8y

if you could spec me something, that would be awesome :)

Thanks in advance.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

PingVsPong wrote: »
    700 sterling m8y

if you could spec me something, that would be awesome :)

Thanks in advance.

Couple the build in that pic with this monitor and you should have a pretty good machine that's within your budget.

http://www1.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=21877&agid=603

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭jonny72

So you have about 1000 euro?

Go to hardwareversand.. choose english.. pc configurator..

Quad core 6700 .. or 8600 core2duo.. your choice

Gigabyte motherboard for about 70 or 80

4 gig 6400 ram

ATI 4870

Nice case

Corsair 550w or higher power

750gb SAMSUNG hdd

+ Asus 22 inch monitor 2 ms for gaming

should come to around 1000euros

ok, so i didn't recognize that this was a euro site...

the price that im hoping to spend is : 892.875 EUR
    (yeah, kinda went to a currency site, so its precise :)

but, i kinda would also like a reason for why you would recommend any ATI...as personally i was going to go for the 8800 GTS. Tho im kinda asking for help so 4 now im wrong lol

also, the type of mmo im going to play is infact AOC..

another last thing is...im kinda wanting a site that will build it for me...or a site that will at least gimme some flexable customing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

ok, so i didn't recognize that this was a euro site...

the price that im hoping to spend is : 892.875 EUR
    (yeah, kinda went to a currency site, so its precise :)

but, i kinda would also like a reason for why you would recommend any ATI...as personally i was going to go for the 8800 GTS. Tho im kinda asking for help so 4 now im wrong lol

also, the type of mmo im going to play is infact AOC..

another last thing is...im kinda wanting a site that will build it for me...or a site that will at least gimme some flexable customing.

Becuase bang for Buck , the Ati card will deliver More framerates for Less euros :D

A nice 4850/4870 will do nicely ,

4870 @ about 200 euros has Far far more grunt that a Gts , the 4870 is squatting inbetween the GTX260 and GTX280 on performance.

HV will build your computer for 20 or 25 euros i think , they have very good selection and from my own experience service is top , ( i do speak German tho ) :D

lol yeah, i was thinking that most ppl on here like the old HV... tho that was one of my probs since there german, how could there service be if i cant understand them lol

But im gonna have a proper look at HV and i'll stick somthing up that i think is ok...and im hoping your go...yeah that rocks or...wtf r u thinking :)

chow for now :)

lol yeah, i was thinking that most ppl on here like the old HV... tho that was one of my probs since there german, how could there service be if i cant understand them lol

But im gonna have a proper look at HV and i'll stick somthing up that i think is ok...and im hoping your go...yeah that rocks or...wtf r u thinking :)

chow for now :)

heh np , they do speak english aswell tho , since they have their site in Eng/ger , For the most part their customer service is able to speak english , again only from my own experience :D

yo papu!

im liking your seriously fast reply's! ok heres somthing i put together.. is it worth the price also :P

£754.35 in. VAT
    (before all applicable rebates)

Case: Raidmax Sagitta II Mid-Tower Case (Black Color with Black front panel)
    CPU: (Quad-Core)Intel® Core™ 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.4GHz 1066FSB 8MB L2 ***Overclockable XXX*** Cache 64-bit
    Motherboard: (Quad-Core support) Asus P5N-MX GF7050 LGA775 FSB1333 DDR2 Mainboard
    Memory: (Req.DDR2 MainBoard)4GB (2x2GB) PC6400 DDR2/800 Dual Channel Memory (Corsair Value Select or Major Brand)
    Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 4850 PCI-E x16 512MB Video Card
    Monitor & LCD: 22& quot; (21.6& quot; Viewable) WIDE 5MS TFT Active Matrix LCD Display Monitor
    Hard Drive: Single Hard Drive (500GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD)
    Data Hard Drive: NONE
    Optical Drive: SONY DUAL FORMAT 20X DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW DRIVE DUAL LAYER (SILVER COLOR)
    NETWORK: ONBOARD 10/100 NETWORK CARD
    OS: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium w/ Service Pack 1 (32-bit Edition)

its not off HV ... soo im might see if parts r cheaper there..or you could :P

cheers m8

yo papu!

im liking your seriously fast reply's! ok heres somthing i put together.. is it worth the price also :P

£754.35 in. VAT
    (before all applicable rebates)

Case: Raidmax Sagitta II Mid-Tower Case (Black Color with Black front panel)
    CPU: (Quad-Core)Intel® Core™ 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.4GHz 1066FSB 8MB L2 ***Overclockable XXX*** Cache 64-bit
    Motherboard: (Quad-Core support) Asus P5N-MX GF7050 LGA775 FSB1333 DDR2 Mainboard
    Memory: (Req.DDR2 MainBoard)4GB (2x2GB) PC6400 DDR2/800 Dual Channel Memory (Corsair Value Select or Major Brand)
    Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 4850 PCI-E x16 512MB Video Card
    Monitor & LCD: 22& quot; (21.6& quot; Viewable) WIDE 5MS TFT Active Matrix LCD Display Monitor
    Hard Drive: Single Hard Drive (500GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD)
    Data Hard Drive: NONE
    Optical Drive: SONY DUAL FORMAT 20X DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW DRIVE DUAL LAYER (SILVER COLOR)
    NETWORK: ONBOARD 10/100 NETWORK CARD
    OS: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium w/ Service Pack 1 (32-bit Edition)

its not off HV ... soo im might see if parts r cheaper there..or you could :P

cheers m8

heh sorry mate no fast rely was watching the tv , scrap heap challenge :D

:O with a monitor that looks to be a smashing Deal , a bit of Overclocking on the Quadcore and You have a Mega Pc :D

• Advertisement

Brand New PC 64 Bit QUAD Core PCI-Express Awesome Performance
    Here we have THE Top end PC tower!.
    Comes complete with Genuine Microsoft Windows Vista Home or XP Home.
    With COA license sticker and original DVD.
    With your choice of Black or Silver Thermaltake Soprano with or without side window
    Complete with Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHz Clock Speed x4!
    1066MHz Socket 775 L2 8MB Cache 2x4MB Processor The best money can buy!
    Comes complete with Genuine Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium or XP Home.
    With COA license sticker and original DVD.
    Quality 550W Gold silent power supply with 6 Pin PCI E for future up-grades.
    4GB of RAM DDR2, Corsair XMS 2 800Mhz!
    500GB SATA II Hard Drive Quality item with 16MB Cache, 500GB! That's half a Terabyte
    Can up-grade upto 2TB just ask.
    Awesome Sony 20X DVD+-RW Dual layer Drive This will also play and record CD/CD-RW (all in the same drive)
    Network Socket and USB (USB front and 4 Back)
    Plus gigabyte LAN (Internet ready)
    System is built around a very high quality ASUS SKT-775 P5N-E SLI motherboard.
    With Intel P650i Sli Chipset
    Nvidia 8800 GT 512mb DDR2 dedicated graphics card with
    S-Video (HDTV) Dual DVI Outputs

This is the latest model with Direct X 10 support and HDCP and HDTV
    With Nvidia Pure Video Technology
    Plus you get Brand New TFT 22" Wide Screen
    New 22" TFT Flat Panel Anti glare
    Very high spec screen with 1680 x 1050 Resolution 5ms refresh rate
    With VGA input
    1000:1 Contrast Ratio
    With built in speakers
    Plus you get a Keyboard and Mouse set.
    System comes complete with Windows Vista or XP Home installed including latest
    up-dates and Validated Licence.
    Ready to run straight from the box.
    If you wish to purchase any up-grades after the auction just ask Blu Ray, 9800 GTX or TV Capture ?
    System has 3-year return to base Warranty
    Insured Postage from £24.99.

do u think this is worth the money? price is £699.99

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Ouch, My eyes. O.o

Customizations:
    CPU: Intel® Core 2 Quad Q6600

CPU Cooler: Standard CPU heatsink & fan

Motherboard: Asus P5N-D (nForce 750i chipset, SLI)

Memory: 4.0GB Corsair DDR2 800mhz XMS2 (2x 2GB)

Hard Drives: 500GB S-ATAII 3.0Gb/s

Optical Drive: 20x DVD±RW DL S-ATA Lightscribe

Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce 9600GT 512MB

Sound card: Onboard 7.1 Audio

Operating System: Microsoft® Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 64-bit
    £68.99
    Peripherals: Keyboard, mouse and speakers
    £9.29
    Monitors: 22" Asus VW222S Widescreen LCD

PSU: 700W Thermaltake Toughpower
    £45.20
    Case: Coolermaster Mystique 631