Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Specific Sat-Nav requirement

• 04-08-2008 1:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a sat-nav (first time user), but I have a very specific requirement for it to show the current speed of the vehicle at all times - does anyone have a model that does this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭thenobody

All can do that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

even the crappy cheap ones do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,483 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Well, it depends on what you mean exactly. My nuvi 760 (hardly cheap or crappy!) can display the speed, but only on a separate trip information page. It can't display the speed on the main map page (at least not while actively following a route).

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭thenobody

Ah thats crap.
    Guess that rules out garmins for you Thoie then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Most of the sat-navs I've seen in friends' cars etc have been Garmins as it turns out.

Does anyone have one of these? And if so, is that what the display normally looks like (with current speed on it?).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Well my Garmin 60CSx can certainly display the speed on the map navigation page, but then again it's really a car navigation model so you'd probably rule it out on other aspects.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,531 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

thenobody wrote: »
    Ah thats crap.
    Guess that rules out garmins for you Thoie then.
    My last two Garmins have had this as standard, even when routing..
    Quest / Zumo 550... Most of them do...
    That seems unusual Alun. More the exception than the rule, I guess. Can you edit/change the data fields? I could on my old Quest.
    Progress isn't always...

Advertisement