Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with Smart.

Options
  • 04-08-2008 2:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭

At the moment I cannot get through to 3 sites
    Eurogamer, BT ireland and don't laugh at the 3rd, Smart forums!
    Also I can get through to pix.ie but cannot upload pictures there.
    I can go to any other sites and upload anywhere else.
    Any ideas what the hell is happening?

Only thing I can think of is that I bought a new Belkins DSL wireless router today, the Smart Aoylink one died on me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭alec76

that could be BELKIN, alright--- worst routers ever, imho.
    i wasnt able to browse www.komplett.ie with mine
    anyhow --- u might try play around with MTU setting or better change it alltogheter :)
    what model is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

TY very much for that reply, this piece of **** is going back the minute the Ilac/Argos opens!
    I can't get through to Komplett either.
    that's 4 sites now and counting and also that uploading problem to Pix.ie!
    I doubt IT direct is open today.

It was the G model, thats all I can see as the model number.

check underneath of the router
    mine :
    model F5D7633-4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Belkin have caused me nothing but trouble. Get a Linksys or something.

alec76 wrote: »
    check underneath of the router
    mine :
    model F5D7633-4
    Same model yes.
    Sean_K wrote: »
    Belkin have caused me nothing but trouble. Get a Linksys or something.
    Anywhere else have them besides Komplett?
    IT Direct in Parliment street?
    Prob closed today anyway.

• Advertisement

BTW u dont have stand alone adsl modem? (without wi-fi )-- if yes--
    get a linksys wrt54gl or Buffalo WHR-HP-G54

http://www.dabs.ie/ProductList.aspx?SearchTerms=wrt54gl&SearchMode=All&SearchKey=All&PageMode=3&NavigationKey=0&SearchType=1
    http://www.dabs.ie/productview.aspx?Quicklinx=4Z6F&SearchType=1&SearchTerms=Buffalo+WHR+HP+G54&PageMode=3&SearchKey=All&SearchMode=All&NavigationKey=0

(they dont have an integrated adsl modem-- just wi-fi routers), but they are cheap and u can flash it with DD-WRT firmware
    http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Index:FAQ#Which_router_should_I_buy.3F
    this free linux based firmware will turn your 50-60 euro router into professional grade unit (smth u could buy for 500-600 euro :) )

I need a wireless so Linksys are the best I gather? can't get through to Komplett to order one though, router issues and all that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭Marcus

Does anyone know the technical reason why this router would have issues accessing some sites and not others? I presume there is a low level incompatibility with some Internet infrastruture along the path to the troubled sites...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭Marcus

I need a wireless so Linksys are the best I gather? can't get through to Komplett to order one though, router issues and all that :D
    Have you tried changing the channel? http://www.belkin.com/uk/support/article/?lid=enu&pid=F5D7633uk4A&aid=8168&scid=0
    Also... does the router work when you connect directly with a cable?

AnimalRights well, Linksys --- it is department of CISCO group
    i've got linksys wrt54gl --- BUT u should have a separate adsl modem ( or cable modem if u gonna switch to NTL )to use it

• Advertisement

I am no tech head Alec, but all I know is that I've always used a router!
    Looking at that page now Marcus.

iampixie wrote: »
    Have you tried changing the channel? http://www.belkin.com/uk/support/article/?lid=enu&pid=F5D7633uk4A&aid=8168&scid=0
    Also... does the router work when you connect directly with a cable?

All channels failed and yes I am using my workstation.
    I'd also tried a diff browser and same problems with the sites were their.

Going to change it the minute Argos opens and then get the netgear, if that's ****e then I'll order the Linksys of Komplett.
    I'm away from Thursday anyway for a music fest in Blackpool so can manage best part of the week without the internet.....hopefully!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

iampixie wrote: »
    Does anyone know the technical reason why this router would have issues accessing some sites and not others? I presume there is a low level incompatibility with some Internet infrastruture along the path to the troubled sites...

Could be DNS issue or MTU setting,
    MTU setting can sometimes cause problems accessing banking sites etc basically anything secure.

DNS is easy test just use opendns.com

Advertisement