Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HAving fun around Galway

Options
  • 04-08-2008 9:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Hi all,

Coming over to Gaillimh this august with me 4 year old.
    I'd like to know more about recreational spots around Galway, just in case it rains and we're stuck home.
    If I remember correctly there is an aquarium near Salthill, eh ?
    Is there any bike rental in town (which would also rent bikes w/ child seats).

Thanks all !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Yeah the Aquarium is in Salthill

There's a childrens fun place called Monkey Business out in Knocknacarra (Is it still open? Not sure the minimum age?)

There's loads of bike rental places around Galway and i'm sure theyd have child seats - sorry cant think of any places off hands - i'm a diesel drinker :p

If the weather is nice a walk/cycle up along the river to Dangan can't be beaten - I love that area

Also walks on Silver Strand beach/Barna woods can be cool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭tracker-man

www.hipkidz.ie possibly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭RabidDog

West Ireland Cycling on Dominick Street Upper is probably your best bet for rentals.

Not sure about child seats but I'm sure they could sort something out or point you in the right direction.

Their website is http://www.westirelandcycling.com/

(Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with West Ireland Cycling or any bike rental companies or even rental companies in general)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 babichou

Thanks. Just talked to my son's godmother and she told me the weather is awful, rain, rain, rain, it's biblical ! :D

I gotta sort out some kind of indoor plan since i'll be there next week and doubt the weather is gonna change all of a sudden ! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Westirelandcycling has baby trailers and stuff. Kinda cool.
    Monkey business is good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭minxie

city limits out in oranmore: http://www.citylimits.ie/
    great for all ages.....

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭forestfruits

would highly recommend the aquarium in salthill, the ticket allows you to come and go as you please so you can go out to the playground just next to it or up to the funfair and come back for feeding of the fish or whatever else strikes your fancy!

was there recently and found that the playground went down a treat- i think they enjoyed it more than anything else!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Go out anyway: you're not made of sugar, if you're gonna live in Ireland, you need to get wet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

JustMary wrote: »
    Go out anyway: you're not made of sugar, if you're gonna live in Ireland, you need to get wet.

Yeah but I'm sure the OP would rather do some fun indoor stuff like the Aquarium and cinema, monkey business or hipkidz as opposed to a soggy sock walk on the prom. I would:)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Yeah but I'm sure the OP would rather do some fun indoor stuff like the Aquarium and cinema, monkey business or hipkidz as opposed to a soggy sock walk on the prom. I would:)

There's no such thing as bad weather, only inadequate clothing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 babichou

Although I'm from the sunny south of France (Provence), I don't mind walking in the rain (I bet my son does). But if I had to choose of course I'd take the "sunny Ireland" option. Ireland and the sun is the best mariage you could ever think of. It is just so beautiful.

Advertisement