Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

will i be able to join site again when i change isp

Options
  • 04-08-2008 11:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

i am no longer able to join a particular site,

i think they have blocked my ip, so i cannot get back on,

i will be chaging isp soon so will i then be able to join again?

or will it be the same

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

You should have a different IP, so you will be able to reregister.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 sunnyman2

i cleared my cookies and reset my bb before and i was able to rejoin but they found it was me and they banned my whole range of ips,

so im just not sure,

forgive me if this is a stupid question,

im not too good on these sort of things

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

tell me it wasn't boards.ie you were banned from !! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

sunnyman2 wrote: »
    i cleared my cookies and reset my bb before and i was able to rejoin but they found it was me and they banned my whole range of ips,

so im just not sure,

forgive me if this is a stupid question,

im not too good on these sort of things

:pac:
    You should have used a different email. You must have used the same email that's how they knew it was you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Which site was it?

The site I own has a number of keyboard warriors who have a problem working out where they are not wanted, bit of a pain in the hole :rolleyes:

I've got a few methods which can automatically determine if someone is trying to re-register, in my experience idiots who have been banned always give away their real identity either by username, ip, or email but ultimately by their posting style.

Some people are incapable of change :)

• Advertisement

KTRIC wrote: »
    tell me it wasn't boards.ie you were banned from !! :rolleyes:

nope, ;)

lets just say it was a community where you have to share,

comprende

nope, ;)

lets just say it was a community where you have to share,

comprende

Swingers.ie?

zAbbo wrote: »
    Swingers.ie?

:)

surprisingly it wasnt

Well whats the site then?

We're all friends here.

it was a torrent site i used to download perfectly legal content;)

but i used ratiomaster because of my 12kb ul speed and got banned,

now im thinking of changing to upc so i just want to see if i will be able to get back on

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭-annex-

it was a torrent site i used to download perfectly legal content;)

but i used ratiomaster because of my 12kb ul speed and got banned,

now im thinking of changing to upc so i just want to see if i will be able to get back on

You were using a private tracker for legal content? I seriously doubt that. Either way if you're getting a new ISP, you'll get a new IP address and will be able to re-register. Next time don't be a leech; upload what you download.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,534 ✭✭✭✭Varik

one of the torrent sites i use blocked all new zealand ip due to one guy doing what you want to do, they block his ip for plain abusive emails and posts, then all ip from his isp and then all his countrys ips when he kept changing

-annex- wrote: »
    You were using a private tracker for legal content? I seriously doubt that. Either way if you're getting a new ISP, you'll get a new IP address and will be able to re-register. Next time don't be a leech; upload what you download.

i will seed next time,

i didnt really have much choice before,

im greedy:pac:

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Phlann

Hmm... I was on a certain site and they banned my ISP's entire IP range recently because of somebody just like yourself.

Now I can't access the site anymore.

If there wasn't a rule against personal abuse I'd be personally abusing you at this very moment.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Legal content on a private tracker is VERY unlikely....anyway if you leeched and they banned you then you deserve it :)

Cabaal wrote: »
    Legal content on a private tracker is VERY unlikely....anyway if you leeched and they banned you then you deserve it :)

yes i agree,

but i would like to actually contribute when i upgrade

I don't think you're going to get that chance.

I'm pretty sure it's the same site we're taking about and I'm going to make sure they know you're switching to UPC :pac:

You're going to have to go back to shoplifting from HMV

Phlann wrote: »
    I don't think you're going to get that chance.

I'm pretty sure it's the same site we're taking about and I'm going to make sure they know you're switching to UPC :pac:

You're going to have to go back to shoplifting from HMV

nah i dont think you know the site im talking about,:p

Well, I'm on all the big ones and a few smaller ones.

This one is the only one that's banned an Irish ISP. And they specifically told me that they banned the IP ranges because the user had attempted to rejoin with a new account.

I think it's safe to say that you're the reason I can no longer access the place and I intend to make you pay, boyo :D

Phlann wrote: »
    Well, I'm on all the big ones and a few smaller ones.

This one is the only one that's banned an Irish ISP. And they specifically told me that they banned the IP ranges because the user had attempted to rejoin with a new account.

I think it's safe to say that you're the reason I can no longer access the place and I intend to make you pay, boyo :D

the site im talking about is not very well known, it is for one thing in particular,

its not a general site like most of them,

im a member of most good private ones

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Sure you are, :rolleyes:

Anyway this thread is going nowhere and the content is questionable, needless to say the site most likely banned your ISP, IP range or if you have a static IP just one.

In short, don't leech on any site.

thread locked

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement