Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do i need to setup a wireless conection on Ice Broadband

Options
  • 04-08-2008 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

I have Ice Broadband, it works for me. I want to be able to setup a network, but the equipment i got dosen't let ya. So is there a router that would work with there stupid steup...

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,480 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

moving to wireless

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭niemad

Thanks for moving it, does anyone have any idea about this because i really don't want to have to ring Ice... I would much rather setup something myself, with some help of course :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Lazarus2.0

What equipment do you have ? Ice's website isnt very forthcoming about provided hardware . What package are you on ?

I'm on the 3mg home package.

The equipment is an aerial on the roof, with an ethernet cable running from there into a small power supply. the power supply has an ethernet cable which attaches to my pc.

Strange setup if ya ask me :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

niemad wrote: »
    I'm on the 3mg home package.

The equipment is an aerial on the roof, with an ethernet cable running from there into a small power supply. the power supply has an ethernet cable which attaches to my pc.

Strange setup if ya ask me :D

Are you sure it is going into a power supply?

I guess what you need is what's known as a cable router (with wireless that is!) that is a router which does not have a dsl modem built in.

the linksys wrt54g is often recommended on here but I would strongly suggest that you ask ICE before spending any money.

• Advertisement

Thanks for your help, going to look into it more now cheers :P

Advertisement