Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing private messages.

Options
  • 04-08-2008 12:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭

I do not have the email when pm is received option active but I have had several emails arrive to the address assoc with boards with pm alerts and with the contents of them and when I go to my inbox they are not there.

Happened again this morning.

Pm was entitled 'Feedback Thread', sent by sueme, time on the email is 11:10am and the pm is not in my inbox.

Having dug back this seems to have happened started the 02/07/08 and thus far including the email this morning there have been 8 unsolicited emails with the contents of 8 pms which then are not in my inbox.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Admins can delete pms so any spam emails could be deleted by them before you accessed the site.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

I'm pretty sure sueme is not a spammer. I have had some genuine PM's from her.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Oh she isn't. I was just saying that to explain how some of them could go missing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

None of them were spam mails, all of them were from established posters and mods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

This occured again.
    Pm was sent this morning at 9:30am, did not appear in inbox but an email generated report of the pm with it's contents arrived in my email inbox.
    Again, please do not reply to this email. You must go to the following page to reply to this private message:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/private.php

All the best,
    boards.ie

And then I click on the link in the email it brings me to my pm inbox and the message is not there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭Ross

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement