Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up answering machine

Options
  • 04-08-2008 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm not very technical minded so please excuse my stupidity.

My mom has a Siemens C150 Gigaset,it's a few years old now and she wants to use the built in answering machine.It seems to be working with Eircom Voicemail,it says you have "x number of messages" when turned on but when she presses play to listen to her messages it asks her to enter a password.(Eircom enter password prompt to access voicemail)but there's no where to enter the password.

She generally has to dial 171 number and enter her password on the phone to access voicemail

Do I need to contact Eircom or is there something simple I've missed in the settings,would disabling the password have any effect? or can it be done?

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong section and thanks for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

the password being requested is for eircoms voicemail. If you don't know the password call them up, you enter this through the number pad. If you want to use the phones answering machine, you'll have to get your voicemail with eircom disabled (or removed completely it's an extra 1.20 a month) or set the phones built in answering machine to pick up before eircoms voicemail does.

Personally I'd cancel eircoms voice mail, and just use the phones built in one.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭carter001

cheers BoB_BoT

Yea I figured I'd have to cancel Eircom voicemail.Just seemed strange to me that it recognises that the messages are there on the answering machine but still it asks for a password.We do know the password,as I said she puts the password in via the phone buttons but it doesn't work on the answering machine because all that has are play,backward,forward etc...anyway your help is much appreciated.

Advertisement