Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

getting into mountbellew in the morning

Options
  • 04-08-2008 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭

is there any bus i can get from a town like roscommon, tuam, athlone to be in mountbellew for before 9 in the morning? i checked with bus eireann but the first one is 10 o clock.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭minxie

pathway33 wrote: »
    is there any bus i can get from a town like roscommon, tuam, athlone to be in mountbellew for before 9 in the morning? i checked with bus eireann but the first one is 10 o clock.

thanks
    have you tried burkes buses...

There's a Mountbellew bus co that I see passing me every morning, but that is going the other way -> towards Galway, not sure if they have any other routes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

There's a Mountbellew bus co that I see passing me every morning, but that is going the other way -> towards Galway, not sure if they have any other routes

what time do you reckon that bus leaves mountbellew because i could be going bellew to galway 1 morning a week

No idea but it passes me at about 8.05 at Claregalway when I am there these mornings. I see it aswell on the way back - it probably leaves Galway around 6 pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

That is Nee's bus. It usually leaves the square in Mountbellew at approx 7:30 in the morning. AFAIK, its a "workers" bus and is the only route it takes. The last stop is Eyre square, but if you ask the driver to let you off on, say, the tuam road, he will have no problem with that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Jamey

The earliest Tuam to Dublin bus (Bus Eireann) used to stop in Mountbellew I think. I used to get it a few years back, it left tuam at 7.40am.

Jamey wrote: »
    The earliest Tuam to Dublin bus (Bus Eireann) used to stop in Mountbellew I think. I used to get it a few years back, it left tuam at 7.40am.

i don't think that runs every day now. can't see it on the bus eireann website anyway. maybe even only on a friday

• Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭cena

what are you going to mountbellew for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Calluna

As far as I know there is no way to get to mountbellew early in the morning...unless you were able to get from woodlawn train station to mountbellew...there is an early (galway dublin train) via woodlawn?
    It's not en route to anywhere and is badly serviced by buses at the best of times. Two buses into galway in the morning - workers CIE bus - has you in for 8 I think, so leaves around 7am. John Nee also runs private bus with pick ups along the way. He's in for 9 but prob leaves around 7.30 at this stage with the way traffic is. The petrol station on the tuam road in mountbellew would direct you to his house or give you a number...I don't have one off the top of my head.
    Best chance is to post up a sign in P. Kellys asking for a lift? There might be someone who does night shifts in galway and would be travelling out home in the morning?

cena wrote: »
    what are you going to mountbellew for.

to the agri-college

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Calluna

Actually, also worth asking in the college - there might be a staff member or someone else travelling out every day. Ditto with HRC - the secondary school - there was always a few teachers coming out from the city each day - they would be out for 9 but prob head back in at 4ish if that suits....also, you'd have to travel with teachers in and out every day?!?!

thanks for suggestions everyone. looks like i will have to stay in mountbellew. see my other post for my accomodation question :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Priscillia

Kojak wrote: »
    That is Nee's bus. It usually leaves the square in Mountbellew at approx 7:30 in the morning. AFAIK, its a "workers" bus and is the only route it takes. The last stop is Eyre square, but if you ask the driver to let you off on, say, the tuam road, he will have no problem with that.

Hi

This info was very helpful as I usually get the CIE Bus. It Is to late for the 11.05
    Train to Dublin. I live in Dublin. My Parents live in MountBellew.

Also I may need to get an early Bus to Galway on Friday. I am planning to travel on further.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭westerlywonder

you may also be interested in Boyles bus. It runs the N63 route Ballygar to Galway a couple of times a day, stopping in Mountbellew. Very cheap in comparison to CIE, and much better times. time table is at www.bus4u.net

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Hiya,

Was looking for info on another bus when I came across B.É. Table: Tuam-Mountbellew-Athlone-Dublin #433 and thought of this Thread. Ya might be waiting for a while, but I doubt you're gonna get something anyways near ideal, but at least this would mean you'd be there on time. You could grab some brekkie or something for a while to pass some time till 9am. Unless you're actually in Tuam though that could be where the problem lies. You'd end up paying more to get out to Tuam, if there is a bus from Galway to Tuam that early I don't know. Whereabouts are you, are you in Roscommon direction is it?

EDIT: Opening Post has checked with Bus Éireann, so maybe this Route is no longer in operation, but not been deleted off Website, Typical!

EDIT: EDIT: I see Opening Post was posted in 2008!!!

Advertisement