Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Anyone Know......

Options
  • 04-08-2008 12:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi I have a 99 toyota corrola only have its 3 mts. Just got back from shopping and the bloody speed clock is not working .The needle is under the little pin it is sapouse to sit on . Any one know how much it will cost to get this fixed (or if it can be fixed) or do i have to get the whole clock replaced. Cheers in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭minxie

Hi I have a 99 toyota corrola only have its 3 mts. Just got back from shopping and the bloody speed clock is not working .The needle is under the little pin it is sapouse to sit on . Any one know how much it will cost to get this fixed (or if it can be fixed) or do i have to get the whole clock replaced. Cheers in advance.
    have you tried taking it apart, could be just a loose wire

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

It could be the speedo cable? Is the clock working? You might have to bring it to a "callibration engineer" Plenty of second hand car dealers know about these guys :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 lilly white

Dont want to go pulling it apart as i wouldt have a clue what i would be doing just thought some one out there might have had the same trouble with there car never heard of it happen to any of my friends or familys cars .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭LikeOhMyGawd!

Speed Clock :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

If the "speed clock" isnt working on a corolla of that era, doesnt that mean the old "mile clock" isn't counting up the mileage anymore?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

From what I remember some 97-02 Corollas have digital odometers, some mechanical.

So what you are saying, is that if this user was of an unscrupulous disposition, and he were not to fix the speed related time piece, then the distance related time piece would stay at its current reading despite being actually driven?
    Hmmm.
    Crisitunity.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Is the "mile clock" not going up the silver lining, Dr.B?

Id prefer to know what speed I was doing!

LillyWhite: can you confirm whether the car's total mileage is on an LCD display, or on an old-fashioned meter, like an ESB meter would look?

Well I was just thinking he could use one of em GPS yokies to get his speed accurately couldnt he?
    I can see your point though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭stratos

the poster says the needle is caught under the end stop. maybe he hit a bump. You could take out the cluster and try shaking it. Strange problem though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement