Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggestions for network graphing

Options
  • 04-08-2008 1:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hello,

I was wondering would any of you guys have any suggestions regarding the making of a visual graph of a college network.

I am working for my college for the summer port mapping the network. As part of the project he asked would i try and create a visual map of the network. He has a map created by the software being used to monitor the network but it displays the network by switches and is rather complex and un-usable for any sort of a4 sized visual presentation.

I'm wondering does anybody here have any suggestions on some software i can use to create a network map?

I'v been using graphvis but its been difficult to use to map the 130 odd hub locations.

Thank you in advance for any and all suggestions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭brian_rbk

Try Dia

It seems quite good and has all the cisco network icons

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Wcool

Ok, I know you didn't like the graph produced by the monitoring software , but try this:

http://www.mikrotik.com/thedude.php

You can change the boxes representing the equipment and you can place the equipment anywhere you want on the screen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Burklert

Incredible late reply but thanks for your suggestions. I'm downloading them now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

The beta of the DUDE has a Trojan in it.

MC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Burklert

Cheers, i spotted that when my av protecion when mental.

Graphviz looks like the best manual way to do this.

• Advertisement
Advertisement