Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

registering a uk dog with the IKC....

Options
  • 04-08-2008 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

hi, i recently bought a 2 year old dog. he has uk pedigree papers but is not registered with any kennel club.

would anyone know if it is possible to register him with the IKC.....i know this is really a question for the IKC but they don't seem to like answering their phones or the contacts section of their website!

any info or help greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Neilw

I got a pup from the north of Ireland last year, from what I can remember I had to email the UK kennell club and fill out a form and pay to have the regestration changed to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Yes you can register them with the IKC but you ned to get the relevent forms from the IKC. They arent great at answering the phones but just keep trying, i usually just let the phone ring for ages. Once you have all the necessary paperwork for his KC registration there shouldnt be a problem registering him with the IKC.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Morganna

If you have kc papers from another country ,you get a form from the ikc try ringing around 10 ish

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭miami2007

great, thanks guys. he hasnt been registered with the uk kennel club so hopefully the ikc will allow him in....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

he needs to have papers to register him here. Did you not get some when you bought him? if he isnt registered in your name you might not be able to register him.Were his parent registered coz if they werent you wont be able to register him.
    You say you got papers with him but hes not reg with the KC, how do you have papers if he isnt registered?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Morganna

He needs to be registered with the uk kc or you wont be able to register him .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭KhuntChops

I think she was given a pedigree cert instead of papers (kc/ikc) which would make me wonder if even the parents were registered?

What kind of breed is it? You will not be able to register the dog in the ikc or kc onless you can contact the original breeder and can find out from he/she if parents were registered with the kc

Advertisement