Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

help needed

Options
  • 04-08-2008 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

i have a micra a while back the battery died so i got a new battery and put it in ever since when start the car i have to rev the engine to get the clock to work. when i turn off the car again everything dies again so i cannot lock the car or anything. Anyone have any ideas what wrong

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

sounds strange. does the car start properly afterwards?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭pdevo

yes car starts no problem everytime. Except there is no clock, radio or display untill i rev it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭joeperry

sounds like it could be the altenator. also lock your car by putting the key in the door lock :)

ha ha your so funny the car wont lock even with the key for some reason

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

If the alternator were at fault, surely the car wouldn't start over and over without being properly charged.

battery terminals I'd say?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭ianobrien

Another possibility. We had a Micra that had something similar, and it was dodgy connections in the fuse box (the vibrations from driving made the connections sometimes, resulting in an intermittent fault).

It took us a long time to find it, and the only proper cure was to change the fuse box. We, being the mean b*****ds that we are, didn't. We bypassed the dodgy connections in the fusebox and installed our own fusebox, but when we did it, we had an auto-electrician on hand to check the work and to guide us.

thanks ianobrien i opened the fuse box and found the batt fuse was blown hopefully this is the problem thanks again and thanks to all for the help

Advertisement