Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shops with equipment

• 04-08-2008 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi there,

Does anyone know any shops in Dublin (county Dublin) with scuba diving equipment...?
    I browsed around but haven't found too many of them: only Great Outdoor close to Stephen Green Shopping Centre...
    any others you might know...?

thanks a million in advance guys

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 colinmcbride

Agena wrote: »
    Hi there,

Does anyone know any shops in Dublin (county Dublin) with scuba diving equipment...?
    I browsed around but haven't found too many of them: only Great Outdoor close to Stephen Green Shopping Centre...

Flagship Scuba - Grand Canal Basin
    First 4 Scuba - Arklow - Only 40 Mins drive South (online too)

<<SNIP - check you PM's>>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭robertpatterson

adventure divers in bettystown

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Agena

I will check it out... thanks again :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 232 ✭✭kelzer

Are there any shops in the Dublin area that stock Mares scuba masks? I would like to try some on before I buy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 colinmcbride

kelzer wrote: »
    Are there any shops in the Dublin area that stock Mares scuba masks? I would like to try some on before I buy.

Not as far as I know. I could be wrong though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭robertpatterson

Firststage in dunshaughlin used to have them but i dont think theres any around now
    Go to flagship or great outdoors and just try them on
    It wont matter what make the mask is as long as it fits you

I had a notion in my head that Mares made the best masks or are they all equally good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I had a notion in my head that Mares made the best masks or are they all equally good.

anything (within reason) is good if it fits properly. Don't get stuck to a brand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭macrubicon

Don't go by brand alone... try one on and take the one that suits your face shape etc.

I have a mares and aqua lung ones and they all do a sterling job and being a beardy weardy it can be tough to get one that does not leak too badly :D

Thanks for the advice.
    macrubicon wrote: »

... being a beardy weardy it can be tough to get one that does not leak too badly :D

You have a beard around your eyes? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭macrubicon

You have a beard around your eyes? :)

You would be surprised how much leaks in from the 'tash line under the nose on some masks...
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Scuba.ie

To be honest, the best mask is the one that leaks the least. Not trying to be smart, but the makers name doesn't really matter if it seals well.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 398 ✭✭Benny-c

It may surprise you that a few of the members of my club are using Lidl masks for the past 2 years and are delighted with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭juvenal

Benny-c wrote: »
    It may surprise you that a few of the members of my club are using Lidl masks for the past 2 years and are delighted with them.

+1

I've three masks, two well known brands and the Lidl one that they were selling around April/May, and it's by far the most comfortable and best fitting.

As the lads mentioned above, some people will swear brand loyalty, but the best brand for you is the on that you are comfortable with. Masks are the most fickle of all, as everyone's face is different.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭bryanmurr

Agena wrote: »
    Hi there,

i know you said north dublin but i know a shop in drogheda if your interested. ill look up the name if you want

Advertisement