Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with a Surf trip

Options
  • 04-08-2008 3:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Myself and 5 mates are planning on going over the west for a week or so,mainly just to get away and have a laugh or two.
    Havn't ever been over the west surfing but surf a good bit here in Dublin and quite a lot abroad.

Most likely Lahinch,Enniscrone or somewhere in Donegal. Anywhere really...

Id be greatful if anyone could recommend a reasonably cheap and good place to stay (close enough to beach,rentals and a bit of nightlife) either caravans,holiday homes or whatever. Recommend somewhere where you have stayed?

Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Cill4563

I'm gonna say head off camping in Strandhill, only 3 hour drive from Dublin, then you can camp for free in the dunes, where there'll generally be a few other surfers doing the same thing who you can have the craic with or head into the big pub there, it's a savage pub, always full of sound people. You're also a cheap enough taxi from the town if you feel like hitting a night club. Then if surf isn't looking great, you can head up to Donegal or the opposite way down the coast, that's my advice...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

i've not tried it yet, but have booked in about 10 mates for a surf weekend at www.turfnsurf.ie , came recommended on this board, and talked to the guys on the phones there a few times and they seem pretty bang on.

not to mention they promised me that included in teh price was copious amounts of tea, coffee and chocolate biscuits after a surf. the chocolate biscuits kinda sealed the deal for me. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭waves

give Pete at the Bundoran surf co. a call. great thing about Bundoran is that there are a few beaches to choose from if conditions aren't that great.

Also, you can hire boards & wetsuits if you need them

They have a hostel/B&B there too.

The bridge bar is where you want to eat and drink and there's an old man's pub on the main strip which does great Guinness and has a nice little snug.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 RachMurph

Hiya Gary,

I stayed with surfholidays.com in Ericeira in Portugal earlier this year. Had a brilliant time :). They have places in Lahinch and Bundoran that might be good,

I'm looking to go away over the winter - where have you been abroad before? Maybe answer this in the thread I put up for winter surf holidays so that this thread doesnt go off in a tangent!!!! or else send me a personal message etc.

Tks, :P

Rach

Advertisement