Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Peugeot 206CC Stereo Wiring Help

Options
  • 04-08-2008 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I took out the aftermarket cdplayer ouf of herselves 206cc and got a factory standard clarion one from ebay. Got the code from the internet as it didnt have a code, Installed it fine, But , when I turned the engine off it lost the radion stations and it also asked me for the code again when it was turned back on.

I took it back out and was going to swap the red and yellow cables around as i know from previous experience this sometimes helps but found a strange butchering on the wiring.

Pic 1 shows the loom to carry the cables into the rear of the stereo, in front you have thick blue, grey and then yellow and green. behind it is a thin white one with a connection on it and a thick white one.

Pic 2 shows the red, yellow, black and blue coming from the one bounded cable and the yellow isnt attached to anything!

Pic 3 shows the thick white one joined with masking tape to the red and blue cable.

Pic 4 shows the black cable attached to the yellow and green with masking tape.

Anyone got any ideas on how to sort the mess out?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

right, followed the red and yellow wires on the aftermarket loom I took off and did a bit of cut and shutting!. Swapping them around ect, but to no avail, it wouldn't save the settings.

I also tried a trick i found on a forum of putting the stereo fuse one step up and this has worked but keeps on the battery light on the dash, but it does save the settings and doesnt ask for the code each time I turn on and off the car...........

Advertisement