Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

your worst housemate.....

Options
  • 04-08-2008 5:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭

I'm sure we all have tales to tell...

time to spill the beans on your worst housemate(s) experience....:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭genegenie

...was an obsessive compulsive kleptomaniac.

She constantly stole our stole food, used our washing powder, toiletries etc. and denied it when confronted. We couldn't keep chocolate in the kitchen at all, two seconds and it'd magically disappear. I had to keep all my goodies in my bedroom. One day she went too far... Here's the story copied and pasted from another forum.

(Background: I'm a bit of a Lush-aholic. I adore Lush cosmetics and have a stash of them. They're not cheap.)
    On Thursday last I was late for college so I ran out the door and forgot to lock my bedroom. I didn't think much of it, since I would never invade someone's privacy by going into their room while they're absent and presumed my flatmates would be the same.

I came home that day and noticed that some of my things seemed to have been moved around, the lid was open on my hatbox where I keep my Lush stash and the water bottle on my hamster's cage was attached upside down. My room is very small and it's really easy to brush past the hamster's cage and knock the water bottle off, I do it all the time. I never would have put it back the wrong way round though, as that left him without water for 8 hours, and I'm not an idiot.

So I got highly suspicious that someone had been in my room. I could handle someone being curious and having a peek round my door to be nosy. Me being naive, thought that was all that had happened and I promptly forgot about it. Until I went to get ready for bed that night. I took out my Ultrabland and nearly all (of what was a nearly full tub) was gone. And it had what looked like spoon marks in it.

So I went through all my Lush and LOADS was missing out of most of the pots. Half a tub or more in most cases! What seriously pissed me off is that a couple of them were brand new and unopened, as I was planning to give them to my friend for her birthday.

Well as you can imagine I was fuming. But I curbed my anger and waited for a chance to get proof of what had happened. Tonight I got it. The suspected flatmate went out and left her bedroom door open. Normally I would never enter someone's room without their permission, but this time I felt I had reason. I found FOUR plates worth of my lush stuff in her wardrobe. I took a video and pictures as proof. See below:

DSC00247.jpg

DSC00244.jpg

DSC00245.jpg

DSC00246.jpg

vlcsnap-1906438.png

For those interested, here's a link to the video I took: http://s251.photobucket.com/albums/gg285....nt=MOV00012.flv

The girl is a bit odd. My other flatmate seems to think so too. She goes from being nice as pie, to ignoring me completely (even when I ask her a direct question) in the space of half an hour. She didn't speak to me for the whole month of November for no apparent reason. The thing is I don't think I'm difficult to live with. Generally I keep myself to myself, I don't mind sharing or doing favours and I'm spic and span. Myself and my other flatmate get along great.

I mean who the hell would covet someone else's cosmetics so badly that they'd go into their room and spoon them out onto dinner plates. And see the way she labelled them too?

She left her to-do list out on the coffee table in the sitting room one day. It consisted of ten A4 pages of over 500 items, written in perfect handwriting and numbered sequentially. Items completed were crossed out neatly with a red line drawn using a ruler. Highlights of the list included "go on the swings", "use tampons when next period comes", "clean up toenail clippings", "squeeze spot on shoulder" followed by "put sudocrem on squeezed spot" *shudder* What a weirdo.

When it came to moving out time, she went home when her exams finished without moving her stuff. When I was leaving me she assured me that she'd be coming back the following week to sort out her stuff and do her share of the cleaning (remove her food from the fridge and cupboards and clean the oven). My deposit refund came last week minus a charge of €166 for removal of rotting food and oven cleaning. :mad:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Jeez she sounds a bit weird!

Not quite a housemate, but one of my OH's friends had a girlfriend who would come to visit us and every time she would go into my bathroom (the ensuite), go through all my cosmetics, try them, and spray herself with my perfume.

I shared a house a bloke who cleaned out all the electronics one day (couple of computers, tv, vcr, stereo) then came back after we discovered the theft and pretended innocence.

The cops got him :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

We lived in a two bedroom, two bathroom condo, with a garage/storage space on the first floor and the living space on the second floor. I originally roomed with her sister and we got on very well. But then the sister left for the summer and "she" moved in.
    She insisted on keeping all of her stuff in the living room upstairs because she didn't want to leave it downstairs "in case something happened." So we ended up with a completely empty downstairs and a packed upstairs. If I wanted to use the kitchen or go into the common areas, I would literally have to crawl over her stuff. Of course I stopped using the common areas after that because they were packed with her things. A few weeks in, her boyfriend from another country came over to stay with us for the next 3 months. She threw a fit when I asked that the bills be split in 1/3rds while he was with us. She went on and on about how it wasn't fair that he should pay, and he didn't have any money, and he could only work under the table jobs, etc.. I didn't budge. She then tried to get me to pay by coming up with some weird mathematical system where she compared the month's bill to the bill from last year and adjusted for something and multiplied something here... i just checked the mail every day, got the bills and wrote her a check for 1/3 of them.
    And her boyfriend, when he wasn't working under the table, would walk around the apartment all day in nothing but his underwear. And he was a very large and hairy man.
    I spent most of that summer out with friends and when I was at home, I stayed in my room.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭uoluol

Rented a room out in my house to a wagon who seemed to have a problem paying her share of the bills. She would pay me in ten cent or twenty cent coins.....

She invited her boyfriend to stay one week end, and told me - yes me, the house owner - to stay away for the week end, as she wanted some privacy with her fella. Needless to say, she got her marching orders. When she left, she stole all my toilet rolls. :confused:

Word of warning - never rent a room to a teacher from a small town in north Carlow...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭allybhoy

Jesus they all sound like absolute fruit loops man. I live with my best buddy and although he is a messy fecker and is constantly bringing strange girls back at queer hours in the morning I wouldnt change a thing for the world.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

I don't think any of mine were total nutters but I did live with a girl at college in America who would shower (read: have sex with) her boyfriend in our bathroom every morning until one day I went in and the shower curtain rail was on the floor (with the screws still in either end of the pole...bent as if the sheer weight had pulled them out), as was the handrail that had been glued and grouted onto the wall.

They did 'it' at his house after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

Shared with a girl who kept taking my cosmetics from the bathroom, so I started keeping them in my room. Was really pissed off when she had the cheek to go into my room and take them anyway.

Told the landlord and he got rid of her. ;)

There was a chronic smell from her room too :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I shared with a girl who stayed in her room for most of the day, if not the whole day. She only left it to cook her frozen pies and smash, which she ate in her room. She rarely showered, but when she did she spent so much time in the shower that she'd use up all the hot water. She also ate mouldy food.

I rarely saw her though so I shouldn't complain!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

This one's been done to death in AH, most recently here, here and here.

I don't see any real need for there to be another thread here, so I'm locking this one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement