Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Results Online - PIN code

Options
  • 04-08-2008 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭

I was wondering, where do you get the PIN code to get your results online? I haven't got it, and I can't go to get my results(holidays).
    If anyone can tell me where to get it, it would be great, cause I don't know where to get it.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

You should have got it on a piece of paper from your school during the LC. Well that's how I got it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭pjjk90

Never got it. Friends got it, dont know how I didnt, but I'd say it was becasue I didnt have any exams between 11th-18th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cokehead Mother

You could just ring your school on results day to find out how you did.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

so if you didn't get it then it must be in the secretary's office. doesn't sound like the sort of thing they would throw away. ring her at 9 in the morning. i'd be surprised if it isn't there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Im sure I got mine but have no idea what I done with it... I'm sure loads of people are in the same boat but sure I'm fairly sure I want to go in and get them at the school anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Bajingo

If you didnt get it in the first place you might still be able to get it from your school...however if you got it and then lost it you wont be able to get another one and it wont be replaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I got mine during the year before the exams even began, as useful and all as that is for you. (Lost it too, but I knew I wouldn't be away at results time so it wasn't important to keep.)

Best shot is contact the school.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Cost Boy!!

I got in the post from the state examinations around 3 weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

Cost Boy!! wrote: »
    I got in the post from the state examinations around 3 weeks ago.
    did you contact them asking for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭pjjk90

Called the school this-morning, told them I never got it, however, the prinicipal(Or whoever) has the key to the safe the PINs are in, and he ain't back till next Monday, so I have to wait and see.

• Advertisement

what day are you going on hols? just thinking you might have to give someone an authorised letter if they have to collect the PIN on your behalf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Cost Boy!!

blue-army wrote: »
    did you contact them asking for it?

No i didn't it just came in the post I didn't even know about getting the results on the internet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭King Ludvig

Mine came in post too at the start of the summer holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Bajingo

Can you collect somebody elses results for them if they're on holidays or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

What about checking for CAO offers online? Is it the same pin code as checking for your LC results?

According to this website, CAO release round 1 offers to candidates, available online at 6am on 18th August (arriving by post on the 19th).

when you go to www.cao.ie dont u click on my applications and then enter cao number and date of birth and password if you picked one. and if you cant remember your password click forgot password and it will be emailed to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

pathway33 wrote: »
    when you go to www.cao.ie dont u click on my applications and then enter cao number and date of birth and password if you picked one. and if you cant remember your password click forgot password and it will be emailed to you.
    Isnt that just the password for you cao account though, isnt a different one needed for your leaving cert results

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Crania

Ah jaysus I just found out I don't have my CAO PIN number to check my offers online at 6am tomorrow morning, I'll have to wait until the postman comes and delivers it now! Anyone know how I could get my PIN number now? I rang the exam helplines but they are closed until 8am I think.

I guess we can check the Times online anyway(hopefully they will have all the points on at midnight or so when they publish tomorrow's paper online) but I'd like to actually be able to get my offers and stuff at 6.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Économiste Monétaire

Go here and select "forgot your password" below the password entry box. You would have set your CAO password yourself - it's not the same as the SEC one that was sent in the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Crania

Oh right, so to see your offers you only need your password that we used to change our choices and stuff like that 'back in the day'? Not the actual PIN number that we had to use if we wanted to check our results online last Wednesday?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Économiste Monétaire

Yep, that's all you need, the one from 'back in the day'. Best of luck ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭BaRcOe

check your old emails from CAO. It will be in any email relating the CAO

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Plambey

I really think starting a new thread to ask such a silly question was a waste of kilobytes that can never be gotten back. if ur friends all got theirs, why didnt u do the simple thing and ask them.......

Advertisement