Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non club R/c meets

Options
  • 04-08-2008 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭

Is there any R/c meets in south Dublin? I mean is there a park where people go on Sundays or somthing? I'm living in Dublin 16 area. I usually use my Tamiya in Bushy Park or the park beside Nutgrove shopping centre.. I have
    yet to come across anyone else with their Cars in these parks.

Is their any irish forums for this hobby? I know of one website but has
    no forum. I have not joined an R/c club or anything like that, I may not either
    as I would be attending once in a blue moon. I just like to use my car once or twice a week on Sunday morning for example..:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭FuzzyWuzzyWazza

This forum would be the most genral Irish forum that I know of for RC. There are also forums available on some the the RC club websites. Most clubs that I have come across so far a generally for racing. I had no interest in racing when I bought my first RC truggy, just wanted to doss about kind of like what you are talking about.
    However when I started to go to a couple of club meeting I discovered that the racing actually really interested me, now unfortunatly my truggy gets used very rarley and I generally race 1:10 electric or 1:8 nitro buggys most weekends.

Navan Nitro Nuts have a forum, just look for the firey letter on the site www.nnn.ie.

Here are a few links to clubs.

http://www.dublinmodelracing.com/

http://www.fermoymodelcarclub.tk/

http://irishfifthscale.freeforums.org/portal.php

http://www.badmcc.com/

http://www.rccars.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

Are you still looking for old nikko or tyco rc cars?

Theres two tycos for sale on adverts at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭mondeo

Some interesting links there. Not a hugh following here compared to the Uk.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Mickb

mondeo wrote: »
    Some interesting links there. Not a hugh following here compared to the Uk.

Compared to the population of the Uk (60 million people) and other European countries, the interest, in racing RC cars is relatively high here.

MiCk B. :-)

Mickb wrote: »
    Compared to the population of the Uk (60 million people) and other European countries, the interest, in racing RC cars is relatively high here.

MiCk B. :-)

I'm the only one out of all my friends who have an rc car, they just are not interested in them, rather spend their money drinking :D No harm in that either:p

I might join a club after all.

• Advertisement

Clubs are where all the action happens, and if you're not interested in racing, people still meet up with monster trucks and the likes to have a bash about. It just really depends on the size of the club and what cars people have.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭fallaci

I'm still trying to come across someone with rc car in North County

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭mugenextreme

Fallaci where about are you based , here is a link to my Google maps showing the positions of the R/c Clubs that i Know off, Tracks the different types of clubs Off-road, on-road are indicated by the various colours. Positions are as accurate as i can get them.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭fallaci

Thanks for that. I'm from Swords but I was in St. Annes park last Sunday at club meeting. I'd like to meet someone to bash around with my savage

fallaci wrote: »
    Thanks for that. I'm from Swords but I was in St. Annes park last Sunday at club meeting. I'd like to meet someone to bash around with my savage

I was trying to get a few people together but it's quite difficult.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 Schmowen

I know there's a group of lads that meet up in Tymon park in Tallaght every Sunday , if your interested . It's not a club jut lads that meet up to arse around .
    They meet up in the carpark of Tymon , it's the entrance on Tymon Road here's a link to a map

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&saddr=N81%2FTallaght+Rd&daddr=53.29724,-6.341128&hl=en&geocode=FYgkLQMdLF-f_w%3B&mra=mi&mrsp=1,0&sz=15&sll=53.292746,-6.337008&sspn=0.015211,0.04549&ie=UTF8&z=15

• Registered Users Posts: 38 dj-kyosho

i wudnt mind gettin together with a few or 1 person for an drive i have a kyosho fazer pure ten GP mercedes amg dtm '05 nitro

• Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

dj-kyosho wrote: »
    kyosho fazer pure ten GP mercedes amg dtm '05 nitro

Sorry just run that past me again?:)

what u mean

dj-kyosho wrote: »
    kyosho fazer pure ten GP mercedes amg dtm '05 nitro
    Jesus thats a mouthfull!!

I am assuming that the model is kyosho fazer pure ten GP Nitro and the mercedes amg dtm '05 is the shell. I think thats what T-Maxx was getting at:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Marcio.souza

Is there any R/c meets in south Dublin? I mean is there a park where people go on Sundays or somthing? I'm living in Dublin 16 area. I usually use my Tamiya in Bushy Park or the park beside Nutgrove shopping centre.. I have
    yet to come across anyone else with their Cars in these parks.

Is their any irish forums for this hobby? I know of one website but has
    no forum. I have not joined an R/c club or anything like that, I may not either
    as I would be attending once in a blue moon. I just like to use my car once or twice a week on Sunday morning for example..:confused:

Sometimes i go to the car park of the Lidl,in front of the marley park.Run with my kyosho mini inferno and make some hovers with my t-rex 600.

Sometimes i go to the car park of the Lidl,in front of the marley park.Run with my kyosho mini inferno and make some hovers with my t-rex 600.

I took my new Traxxas rustler there this morning... Nice place to run it, rather go to marley park though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Marcio.souza

I took my new Traxxas rustler there this morning... Nice place to run it, rather go to marley park though.

Maybe we can meet there to run.What do you think?

Advertisement