Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing Nokia Car Kit Cradle

Options
  • 04-08-2008 7:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

Hi,

I currently have a CK-7W car kit with a CR56 cradle that fits a Nokia 6233. I have been forced to change phones by my provider and now have a Nokia 6300.

Does anybody know if it is possible to change just the cradle portion of the car kit without having to fork out €200-€300 on a complete new car kit.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I think THIS cradle is compatible with the CK-7W.

could buy amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭matchthis

How does it charge?

matchthis wrote: »
    How does it charge?
    Well the cradle doesn't, its a holder essentially.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Spuddyspudster

davton wrote: »
    Well the cradle doesn't, its a holder essentially.

I should have perhaps stated that point...

I am looking for a cradle that charges, if I wasn't I would simply be able to use the bluetooth functionality of the car kit with any bluetooth enabled phone. I use the phone close to almost 4/5 hours a day so charging it is very important!

Cigarette lighter charger €5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭matchthis

Compatible with a wide range of Nokia devices, this universal holder helps keep your phone securely in place and charges it when in the holder.

From the nokia link, it should be just called a universal holder if it does not charge. Very misleading

Its the new design of the phones, and abandoning of the pop-port that has lead to these new accessories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Spuddyspudster

davton wrote: »
    Its the new design of the phones, and abandoning of the pop-port that has lead to these new accessories.

and a nice way to force consumers to fork out for new accessories every 6 months.....

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

and a nice way to force consumers to fork out for new accessories every 6 months.....

:mad:

or you could just use bluetooth and a car charger? mountain out of a molehill tbh

Advertisement