Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I seek to overturn my ban?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Des wrote: »
    What made you presume that?

You idiot.

Take it to pm please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

GuanYin wrote: »
    Its hard to figure out inflections through text media.

Reading the original post while ignoring what followed I couldn't be sure if it was familiarity or menace. .
    Given the context of the thread, I feel it was fairly obvious what the intent was.
    If you know Des personally, you should perhaps conclude the matter off boards rather than continue it on boards.ie where it just continues to antagonize.

He still hasn't told me, so I conclude he is lying, and got the info either by digging my posts/profile, or from someone else.
    Des, your two week ban is based on the several abusive posts you made after the fact. You know well enough that provocation is no excuse to react how you did and your ban is just as lenient.

Yeah, I reacted to someone threatening me.

Sorry for reacting.

Not.
    Aside from all this, I always assumed that Des's name was common knowledge on boards.ie and Des was comfortable with this.

Apart from the lads on the team, I'd say about a dozen people know it tbh.
    I don't know what final decisions you think need to be made here. OP banned for posting someone's personal details in the forum (we've banned for this before), everyone else was banned for abuse, trolling or ignoring mod warnings.

The bans are disproportianate, imo.

But it wasn't you who issued them.

I'd like the issuing mod to explain.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Could this be solved by the OP just pm'ing Des and clearing things up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,211 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

I sympathise with you bobbysands81, but I cannot see the deleted posts, and Des may have been right, only SMods and Admins can see them and make the final decision I imagine.

The only extra text that I deleted was his surname as in "Mr xxxxx", nothing else was in the deleted messages.

Mods, or even Des, will confirm this.

zAbbo wrote: »
    Could this be solved by the OP just pm'ing Des and clearing things up.

Not now, no.

• Advertisement

Sorry for reacting.

Not.

I'm not getting into a slanging match with you but I did not threaten you, either retract that statement or back it up with proof of the threat please.

I'm not getting into a slanging match with you but I did not threaten you, either retract that statement or back it up with proof of the threat please.

You asking me to do something is a joke.

How about you answer my questions first, eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Sorry for reacting.

Not.

I have absolutely zero sympathy for people who respond to a troll's bait.

We aren't children here people.

Either put the protagonist on ignore, or report their posts.

It really IS that simple.

I'm sorry Des, you reported the post, we dealt with it, you didn't have to respond with several (not just one) post of obscenities and abuse aimed at another user.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Not now, no.

Fair enough, Given the OP's username - I probably would have taken a similar stance...

The OP should just take the ban, live and learn.

Not now, no.

This is all getting a bit embarrassing and a bit childish. I could easily inform you how I know of you but due to your overreaction I don't know if that would be wise.

If you want I can pm another Mod how I know you...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭minime1

No personal information should have been posted up whether ye're friends in real life or not so therefore ban justified!

Apart from the lads on the team, I'd say about a dozen people know it tbh.

Des I don't know you but could tell you your real name through the boards.ie bebo site your a member. So maybe thats where he got it?:confused:

I have absolutely zero sympathy for people who respond to a troll's bait.

We aren't children here people.

Either put the protagonist on ignore, or report their posts.

It really IS that simple.

I'm sorry Des, you reported the post, we dealt with it, you didn't have to respond with several (not just one) post of obscenities and abuse aimed at another user.
    OK thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

But you still haven't told me who you are?

Bizarre.

I am thanks, you idiot.

TBH, Des, I'm surprised you're not banned out of here too for the degree of personal abuse and name calling you've indulged in.

You asking me to do something is a joke.

How about you answer my questions first, eh?

Retract the false accusation and then I will tell you how I know of you.

lol

no

goodbye

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

nipplenuts wrote: »
    TBH, Des, I'm surprised you're not banned out of here too for the degree of personal abuse and name calling you've indulged in.

It's not the first time either.

What?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

bobbysands81 has dreadlocks and a grey parrot. He also likes Damien Dempsey and Stiff Little Fingers. He works in the public service.

lol

no

goodbye

OK.

I've been reasonable and offered to clear this up a few times now as well as apologising to you a few times as well... even in the face of constant abuse from you.

I've tried to sort it out, for whatever reason you have no interest in sorting it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭Unearthly

embarrassing overreaction tbh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

I don't see why you felt the need to come in here and abuse too Des, probably should be banned from here too, in fact you seem to give out quite a bit of abuse over the entire site but that's for another day

No personal details should have been posted, fair enough. But if you're willing to post pics in KYN etc and your name is in the Boards team forum then I don't see the *HUGE* issue

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Unearthly wrote: »

Could not agree more.

Onkle wrote: »
    in fact you seem to give out quite a bit of abuse over the entire site but that's for another day

If this is goign to turn into a character assassination, I'd like to know what the pair of you are on about, please.

Some examples?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Examples? Sure.
    You bastard.
    You halfwit.
    You idiot.
    you idiot.

Examples? Sure.

Well, they are all in this thread.

Feedback strikes again though, I imagine this threads will be locked before either of these two can respond, thus making their claims seem true and me look like some kind of tyrant.

:confused::confused:

How is this allowable?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

You bastard.
    You halfwit.
    You idiot.
    I STILL don't know who this numpty is.
    That took some digging on this muppets behalf if that's where he got it.
    you idiot.

Lets work through this together Des.

Unearthly wrote: »

QFT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Don't get me wrong Des, you're also a good contributor and have obviously given a lot of your own time to running the boards team which is a credit to yourself as a person.

The thread that sprang to my mind was one in AH a few weeks back about speeding. You attacked a guy that admitted to speeding from time to time when he was younger and then carried on a tirade against him till you were eventually banned. There is no call for that kind of behaviour on here, no matter how peed off you might get

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Well, they are all in this thread.

Feedback strikes again though, I imagine this threads will be locked before either of these two can respond, thus making their claims seem true and me look like some kind of tyrant.

:confused::confused:

How is this allowable?

Des can you really say its other people making you look bad in this thread? Seriously, you're not an idiot.

6th wrote: »

Again, all on this thread 6th.

Are you getting involved too? Maybe you have some examples.

• Advertisement

6th wrote: »
    Des can you really say its other people making you look bad in this thread? Seriously, you're not an idiot.

I'm not defending the posts in this thread, or the one earlier for that matter.

But to have accusations of "all over the site" levelled at me?

wtf like?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement