Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazing discovery!

Options
  • 04-08-2008 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭

I was in Smyths toy store the other day and saw a packet of foam play mats for €24.99
    http://www.toys.ie/Eva-BlueFoam-Mats-24X24X20-!D05294-prod.aspx?qwSessionID=8e7c46ef-0b2a-4179-85e7-fbef6df1bfc8

I thought they may be good for decoupling a guitar stack from the floor and also reducing comb filtering reflections from the floor into the mic.
    OMG it works amazingly well. I set them up as a 4'x4' square with the 4x12 at the back and an sm57 on a mic stand in front of it. There is a substantial difference in the clarity of the signal going into the mic. The mat really improves the low frequency response because the sound is not being transferred into the floor and the mic gets a much cleaner direct signal because there is no short reflection from the floor.
    I would urge everyone here to get these and try them out for yourself. If these were on sale through a pro audio dealer they would probably cost about €100!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Best use of a roll of gaff tape and a copy of the golden pages I can think of...
    I been sitting amps on my acoustical brick for years with people thinking I'm mad!!!

Don't tell anyone:D

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭tweeky

NS 10's placed on 2 matched Dublin phone books always brought the bottom end up nicely!
    Mouse mats are another cheap source of isolating neoprene and blu-tack holds them tight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

tweeky wrote: »
    NS 10's placed on 2 matched Dublin phone books always brought the bottom end up nicely!
    Mouse mats are another cheap source of isolating neoprene and blu-tack holds them tight.

Used to take estate agents section out first for the vibe!!!

Advertisement