Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do if......

Options
  • 04-08-2008 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭

You had a tattoo done, loved it, raved about it, kissed your tattoo artist,waited a month for it to heal up properly(after looking after it PROPERLY and its not your first) then realise that actually it is NOT RIGHT????? AND it is somewhere quite tender and visible and you do not want to end up with a huge covered up SPLODGE where it was??? I'm feeling a bit upset.......and not sure what I can do about it.......

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

go back and ask em to fix it? o.0

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Pics of whats wrong with it......!?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭dragona

kmart6 wrote: »
    Pics of whats wrong with it......!?

eating dinner now, but I wil......later

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Depends whats wrong with it, if its some of the colouring isn't even or some of the lines are wrong then it can be fairly simple to sort out. If its bob spelt with two o's then its a lot harder to fix. Your artist is the only one who can help really

ok

The heart shape is WRONG, the shading is WRONG, I don't like it, I thought I did but I don't. Tell me whats right with it:eek:

• Advertisement

who did it for you?

do you really really want to know:( Tell me whether you think its bad first

it's abstract so I've no clue... line work could be better and so could the colouring, easily fixed by the looks of things. Just go to a better place mebbe

Inkwell -Mark -I loved it initially and then I realised as it was healing that the heart shape is not even, the top of the heart is blurred on one curve, the shading is really weird, I hate it:mad: It is meant to be a heart with the initial V inside.

Go chat with him, tell him what you're thinking, he's a reasonable guy. If you really aren't happy go to another studio or ask John in inkwell to fix it up.

Thicker lines will sort it and a fresh lick of ink should sort the shading.

• Advertisement

Oh I know he is a lovely guy, and thats why I'm upset. But I just wanted other opinions on it -my husband who KNOWS NOTHING ha insists its fine, but I don't think so. I actually cried about it last night. I SO wanted it to be beautiful, and it isn't

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Dragona, I had this very same problem with both my wrists. they looked good untill healed. . then when they were cleared up they were just horrific looking. and to make it worse, I got them done in nother country! But I got them fixed up here and they are looking super!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Captain Ginger

dragona wrote: »
    Inkwell -Mark -I loved it initially and then I realised as it was healing that the heart shape is not even, the top of the heart is blurred on one curve, the shading is really weird, I hate it:mad: It is meant to be a heart with the initial V inside.
    SurprisedMark did that to be honest, I have work done by him and I love it, I see what you mean about the shape though.

WHAT to DO?????????????????????? I feel bad going back to him. BUT I honestly, truly am not happy.Thing is, it's right above my breast, and its going to be there for EVER.....

ChewChew wrote: »
    Dragona, I had this very same problem with both my wrists. they looked good untill healed. . then when they were cleared up they were just horrific looking. and to make it worse, I got them done in nother country! But I got them fixed up here and they are looking super!! :D
    have you got before and after????:(

Go back, show him, tell him you aren't happy and ask him to fix it, or another staff member. Or if you really aren't happy go to another place and get them to fix it. Simple as.

Tattoo artists are people too, and any dealing I've had with Mark have been problem free. He seems like a reasonable guy.

Yep ok, only option, BUT does anyone here actually think its as bad as I do? Am I making a fuss about nothing, as my kids and hubby tell me.....Can anything be done, in your opinion??

thicker lines and more shading should sort it

Will wrote: »
    thicker lines and more shading should sort it

I didn't want thick lines above my boob :(:(

have you got before and after????:(

I'm afraid I dont!! Sorry. I was so disappointed with the before, that I did;nt show anyone untill I got them rectified.

I had to get thicker lines cause my ones were a bit wonky!!

Seriously, do what Will is saying and go back to Mark!! You wont be happy untill you do!!

• Advertisement

THICKER lines, just enough to sort out the shape and line work. If you don't wanna listen to recommendations why did you ask in the first place?!

you could get white over some parts to try cover the black, im not sure... go back to mark or go to a tattoo artist and see what they say

Will wrote: »
    THICKER lines, just enough to sort out the shape and line work. If you don't wanna listen to recommendations why did you ask in the first place?!

Ooooh I'm sorry? I know you said thicker I think they are already thicker than I wanted. Yes I do want others opinion, and that is precisely why I asked. As of now, only you have proffered a recommendation. Why on earth do you think I don't want to listen??? Why would I ask otherwise????:eek:

Look I didn't want to annoy anyone, I'm just upset about it. The option of thicker lines is not a great one for me as I already am not happy with the lines that are there. I just wanted an opinion on whether you lot think it looks ok or not -doesn't change my mind though -I don't like it regardless. If I need to have a thick black outline to make it look better, well then I'll have to -but I'm upset about it. I jut wanted some outside opinions.....:(

If I was in your position and I wasn't going for a cover up I think I would colour the whole thing in red (around the V) a nice bright red would give it more "oooomph".

You may not be gone on that idea, but I think it's one of the ways you could go with it.

If I was in your position and I wasn't going for a cover up I think I would colour the whole thing in red (around the V) a nice bright red would give it more "oooomph".

You may not be gone on that idea, but I think it's one of the ways you could go with it.

:(
    Noooooooooooo:(:( ohmygod:(:(

I just wanted an opinion on whether you lot think it looks ok or not -doesn't change my mind though

whether other people think it's sh!t or not does not matter. at the end of the day it's your tattoo. We can all say ''yeah it's awful'' or ''actually it's pretty cool'' so you're going to get varying opinions.

The guys on here have noted that you're NOT happy with it so are just trying to offer you recommendations as to what you COULD do with it.

it does not matter if someone else does'nt like your tattoo. . YOU are the on that needs to love it!!

Sorry you don't like my suggestion, but Mark did one of mine and I want a bit changed because I'm not happy with one part so I'm getting it coloured in, I hope you find a solutuion.

ChewChew wrote: »
    whether other people think it's sh!t or not does not matter. at the end of the day it's your tattoo. We can all say ''yeah it's awful'' or ''actually it's pretty cool'' so you're going to get varying opinions.

The guys on here have noted that you're NOT happy with it so are just trying to offer you recommendations as to what you COULD do with it.

it does not matter if someone else does'nt like your tattoo. . YOU are the on that needs to love it!!

Ah yes I realise that. I'm not fussed whether people like it or not, I just feel it hasn't been done well. The design is exactly what I asked for, just the rest of it isn't. That is my only issue. Not whether people like the idea of a heart with an initial! In my opinion it has not turned out ok, and I wanted to know if any one else agrees, thats all.:)

Sorry you don't like my suggestion, but Mark did one of mine and I want a bit changed because I'm not happy with one part so I'm getting it coloured in, I hope you find a solutuion.

AHHHH I know you meant well, just not what I had in mind......;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭tayto909

i can see why your upset and yes that tattoo is unfortunatly jacked. the quality of that work is simply not up to the standards of nowadays and should not have been allowed to leave the studio un-fixed. .. healing time has nothing to do with crooked lines and chop-chop shading.
    seek out a competent artist who can remedy this. jmd's in waterford, karen russell in midelton come to mind. it's fixable in the right hands. sorry to come across as being harsh, but the bar is set high in terms of tattoo quality and as a paying customer, your deserve better than this. my two cents.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement