Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do if......

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Captain Ginger

I happen to think Mark is a pretty good artist, I'm actually really suprised to see how this turned out.

You don't have a copy of the original image you wanted do you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭dragona

No I dont -I took in a drawing of a heart with a V inside,explained that I wanted to look at different fonts, explained how I wanted the shading done so it faded inwards,showed an example of the shading on the flash pics, chose the red I liked,etc. When the stencil went on it looked fine.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

If the stencil looked fine, then I don't see how you can be unhappy with the shape of the tattoo later, as you approved of it then, and during the healing.

As Will said, thicker lines (this does not mean big thick lines) would sort out the blurring (I don't see it though) and possible help bring the shape a bit more in line with what you wanted. The shading can be touched up, and this should sort out your issues with that.

Honestly, go back to Mark, tell him about your issues. As has been said by many people, they are reasonable people, so just talk to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Wood

If the stencil looked fine, then I don't see how you can be unhappy with the shape of the tattoo later, as you approved of it then, and during the healing.

Maybe he put the stencil on fine, and then proceeded to make a balls of it.

The OP had no control over what mark tattooed on her after the stencil was in place as that is the last chance of saying no. The stencil could've been perfect and he could've went overboard on the linework and f**ked up the shading which is exactly what happened

It ridiculous the amount of shoddy work people get away with nowadays and they seem to be heralded as great artists. A great artist is someone who never puts a dodgy tattoo on someone and keeps every customer happy.

Look at the amount of people out there saying Kat von D and the miami ink boys are fantastic, and a most of the stuff they put out is less than mediocre cack

there is the blurry bit.
    The black line of the V on that side has white bits running down it.....and on closer inspection some other black isn't all filled in either. I am just so disappointed with the whole thing.You need to zoom in to see it.

• Advertisement

Did you go back for a (free) touch up at any stage after getting it done initially?

Nope, its been 4 weeks only .
    Well I am totally mortified -I feel awful. Mark, lovely guy that he is, has obviously come across this thread, or someone has told him before I had a chance to ring him. He has just rung me and offered to fix what I'm not happy with, which is great -I WAS going to call him tomorrow -he beat me to it- pretty annoyed with me I would imagine.
    I only wanted other peoples opinions, as there is no-one here with me I can ask, before I went back (( That'll teach me:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭hot2def

you should not feel awful. that's daft.

hot2def wrote: »
    you should not feel awful. that's daft.
    I feel bad that he thinks I dissed him or his work, which I don't think I have, and I am embarrassed that he has seen what I've written, or that someone has told him, before I had a chance to tell him myself.My own fault. As I said,I've learnt my lesson. Should have spoken to him FIRST.
    I'm more than happy to go back and get him to fix it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭hot2def

I didn't say I thought it was a good idea - I just wouldn't beat myself up over it. chillax

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

dragona wrote: »
    Well I am totally mortified -I feel awful. Mark, lovely guy that he is, has obviously come across this thread, or someone has told him before I had a chance to ring him. He has just rung me and offered to fix what I'm not happy with, which is great -I WAS going to call him tomorrow -he beat me to it- pretty annoyed with me I would imagine.
    I only wanted other peoples opinions, as there is no-one here with me I can ask, before I went back (( That'll teach me:(

Fair play to Mark for giving you a buzz. Good customer service.

No need to feel daft. At the end of the day Mark is just protecting his reputation by ringing you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Teferi wrote: »
    Fair play to Mark for giving you a buzz. Good customer service.

While I've never actually been inked by the lads in inkwell I'd have to say they definitely are good when it comes to customer service. I'd a booking there a while back and unfortunately the artist had a family emergency, he let me know well before the appointment (saved me traveling into town just to find out that the appointment was cancelled:)), was very appologetic about it, tried to make another booking for me but unfortunately my schedule didn't really suit making another in the near term, and when I explained that he offered a refund of my deposit.
    Sh*t happens, we all know this, but some businesses will make no appologies for these things and just expect you to put up with it, these lads at least show the maturity to realise how it in turn affects their customers' lives.:cool:

dragona wrote: »

There's no need to feel like that at all. You came on here looking for advice as you really did not know what to do, or what avenues were open to you. As you said yourself, you were really happy with the tattoo when it was done and while it was healing, but now that it's healed a little more, you think it's not quite right. I'd imagine Mark, like all tattoo artists that are worth their salt, is not annoyed about this, but merely wants his customers to be happy with their tattoos! I think the fact that he made contact with you is fantastic, and shows he wants to help ensure that this tattoo which means quite a lot to you is going to be something that you will love. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Captain Ginger

There's no need to feel like that at all. You came on here looking for advice as you really did not know what to do, or what avenues were open to you. As you said yourself, you were really happy with the tattoo when it was done and while it was healing, but now that it's healed a little more, you think it's not quite right. I'd imagine Mark, like all tattoo artists that are worth their salt, is not annoyed about this, but merely wants his customers to be happy with their tattoos! I think the fact that he made contact with you is fantastic, and shows he wants to help ensure that this tattoo which means quite a lot to you is going to be something that you will love. :)
    True, a lot of people these days would try to ignore you and hope you go away.

YAY! I'm going tomorrow....:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement