Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC located 'noise' issue with dodgy node in area (Malahide)

Options
  • 04-08-2008 8:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭

After a month of escalating phone calls and bitching, right the way up to the OPS Director in UPC, I finally got someone to do their job and they found a dodgy node which needs to be replaced.

This is what has been causing the issues I've been experiencing (seeing 15mb instead of 20mb and not being able to hold a consistent connection for gaming/video/skype etc.)

They claim they will have it fixed this week, Friday at the latest so I just thought I'd post here in case there is anyone else in the area (Swords/Malahide/Portmarnock) that might be impacted by the same distribution node - although I've no idea what the effective range is to be honest.

c0y0te

Advertisement