Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Morgan Freeman in serious condition after car crash

Options
  • 04-08-2008 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭

Academy Award winning actor Morgan Freeman was seriously injured in a car accident in Mississippi on Sunday night according to the Mississippi Highway Patrol.

Police report that Freeman, 71, was driving eastbound on Highway 32 near the town of Ruleville, Miss., around 11:30 p.m. when his car left the road and flipped several times.

Police say Freeman and a female passenger had to be extracted from the vehicle and the actor was flown to Regional Medical Center in Memphis, Tenn., where he was listed in serious condition. There was no word on the condition of the passenger.

TMZ.com is reporting that state troopers say "The Dark Knight" star was talking at the scene of the accident.

Link

Hopes he's ok!:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Wow.... hope he's OK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Hope he is ok

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

He's after breaking his arm and shoulder!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭supertramp

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/itn/20080804/ten-actor-freeman-serious-after-crash-ea4616c.html

He is one of the best actors ever, also could be up there with best narrators, since his film March Of The Penguins. He is due to appear as Nelson Mandela in The Human Factor

His car left the motorway and flipped numerous times. He was talking when paramedics arrived. Another female passenger was also injured

God give him a speedy recovery..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

latest report says he is sitting up in bed chatting away

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭truecrippler

supertramp wrote: »
    His car left the motorway and flipped numerous times. He was talking when paramedics arrived. Another female passenger was also injured

March of the Penguins 2 ftw!!!

Speedy Recovery Mr. Freeman.

btw, He aint no Samuel L. though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭supertramp

latchyco wrote: »
    latest report says he is sitting up in bed chatting away

That's good news

• Closed Accounts Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Ass

MHe aint no Samuel L. though.
    Get out. He's ten times better. Try put Samuel L. Jackson in Shawshank redemption and see how great he is then.

Ass Face wrote: »
    Get out. He's ten times better. Try put Samuel L. Jackson in Shawshank redemption and see how great he is then.

Thats not my quote.

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

*Pokes Ass Face in the eye*

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

Good to hear he's doing well. After Keith Ledger and Jeremy Beadle, I don't think I can take the death of another acting legend this year :(

Don't forget Deep Blue Sea... that was epic!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Best wishes to the man:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Seems to be the fourth person from batman to have bad luck ,ledger being the most obious one and i know two others from the film also recently had bad luck (cant remember names at moement )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Good to hear he's doing well. After Keith Ledger and Jeremy Beadle, I don't think I can take the death of another acting legend this year :(

Keith Ledger......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

He aint no Samuel L. though.

Are you joking? There is no comparison between Freeman and "Snakes On A Plane" Jackson.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Archimedes wrote: »
    Keith Ledger......

Heath's brother, he killed Jeremy Beadle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Ass

Thats not my quote.

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

*Pokes Ass Face in the eye*
    Ok.....

Are you joking? There is no comparison between Freeman and "Snakes On A Plane" Jackson.

I haven't seen Snakes on a Plane... no comment :P.

I just prefer Jackson, more exciting to see act. Freeman is amazing but not my cup o' cha.

*Pokes you in the eye too*

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Morgan Freeman is with out one of the finest actors of all time. And can "mothafcuka" just as well as Jackson:

• Advertisement

6th wrote: »
    Morgan Freeman is with out one of the finest actors of all time. And can "mothafcuka" just as well as Jackson:

Ok, AGREED!!! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

supertramp wrote: »
    http://uk.news.yahoo.com/itn/20080804/ten-actor-freeman-serious-after-crash-ea4616c.html

He is one of the best actors ever, also could be up there with best narrators, since his film March Of The Penguins. He is due to appear as Nelson Mandela in The Human Factor

God give him a speedy recovery..

I HATE nelson mandella.
    HE was the leader of a racist,terrorist cell of bandits and murderers.
    When he was convicted of terrorism he haad been orchestrating a campaign of bombing of innocent civilians,black AND white.
    The amazing thing is that the western countries wanted him released wherupon he bacame the president of the most racist,destructive,violent country on earth.
    The ANC ran south africa into the ground in record time,it is now one of the most unstable places in the world.
    He further refused to speak out gainst mugabe's genocidal rule
    in Zimbabwe.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Since when has having a broken arm and shoulder been and expecting to make a good recovery been critical.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Degsy wrote: »
    I HATE nelson mandella.

He's not as good as Freeman but better than Sam L.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭MILF

Did you ever hear of certain films being cursed or just have a bubble of bad luck around them?

I would list Dark Knight in that! Heath's death, yer man Bale getting arrested and now Morgan Freeman??....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

kmart6 wrote: »
    He's after breaking his arm and shoulder!

If that's all then that's good (as in not overly serious)...hope he'll be okay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 RiotO

What about Denzel Washington? He's black too don't ya know.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Moved from After Hours. Also, has celebs and showbiz always been under arts, I thought it was in rec. Took me ages to find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Hope he'll be ok. Quality actor.
    Don't forget Deep Blue Sea... that was epic!
    Lol.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Keith Ledger.

FFS.

Advertisement