Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lee enfield rifles - ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭sfakiaman

PJ Hunter wrote: »
    Enfield or Mauser. What rifle is best bet for classic vintage target shooting.

Don't forget the old P14 in .303. Originally designed for 30/06 and produced in the USA by Winchester, Remington and Edisson Arsenal in .303 for the UK in WW1. Mauser action and a stepladder rear sight, I've seen a couple of RPA rifles based on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭TMC121

Hi all,
    I am new to the forum on classic rifles but I need help with this one.
    A Mauser with waffenfabrik, mausar, oberndorf a/n 1900 stamped on the receiver. But this one is in 6.5 x 55 stamped on the barrel, original calibre not 7.92mm
    I have attached some photos.
    Anyone any ideas?

rifle.jpg

rifle1.jpg

rifle2.jpg

rifle3.jpg

rifle6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Looks like a Swedish Mauser to me, hence the Swede calibre. There'll be plenty of them in evidence on sunday if you're in Midlands.

Looking forward to sunday now lads, should be another good day out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

Swedish mausers were made in Oberndorf, the plate on the side of the butt is used to describe the quality of the gun for the Swedish quartermasters( ithink)
    I used to have a sporterised Swedish mauser- very accurate shooter.

http://www.northcapepubs.com/swmauser.htm

http://dutchman.rebooty.com/german.html

something on the discs

http://dutchman.rebooty.com/disc.html

Thanks Guys
    I have an interest in classic service rifles but never had the time to look into them.
    This Mauser is coming in next week.
    I have 3 other rifles that I would really like info on:
    Swedish Mauser CG63
    Lee Enfield No4 Mk1
    Mosin Nagant 91/30
    Any help greatly appreciated

I see from the posts here that there is a Classic and Vintage Rifle Association. How does one go about joining?
    Thanks again
    TMC

• Advertisement

If you turn up in Midlands on sunday I'm sure they'd love a new member, and I know they'd love to see your rifles.

I would love to but it's short notice.
    i would like to join though - it's nice to share info / knowledge with people, espically if they can help you out.
    Thanks for the help

TMC

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Kryten

Hello TMC121. You can download the membership form from the website. I will PM you the link.
    Always looking for enthusiastic new members.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Sikamick

Lads don't forget the Vintage Classic Shoot in the Mid-Lands Range Tomorrow, Lee Enfields, Swedish Mauser and more, great crack.

Sikamick

Sikamick wrote: »
    Lads don't forget the Vintage Classic Shoot in the Mid-Lands Range Tomorrow, Lee Enfields, Swedish Mauser and more, great crack.

Sikamick

Looking forward to it Mick, and bringing company.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

Sikamick wrote: »

Sikamick

I'll be there as will a bunch of people from DURC.

You'll be able to tell who I am because I'll be ducking and bunny shooter will be throwing stuff at me. :pac:

IRLConor wrote: »
    I'll be there as will a bunch of people from DURC.

You'll be able to tell who I am because I'll be ducking and bunny shooter will be throwing stuff at me. :pac:

Ah balls, if I'm bringing you down I'm putting a hard hat in the car so. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Sikamick

Looking forward to it Mick, and bringing company.

That's Great I will see yourself and Conor there.

Sikamick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

IRLConor wrote: »
    ................You'll be able to tell who I am because I'll be ducking and bunny shooter will be throwing stuff at me. :pac:

Unfortunately I couldn't be there due to work commitments.

Next time :p

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Malaga2

Living in the US and wanting to replicate old FCA days... here are a few for ya...
    1954 Enfield No4.MK2, FAL.. the Browning is a WWII Inglis Hi Power made for the Chinese by a Canadien Washing Machine Company...the Enfield was only test fired at the factory...

Whisper002.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Very nice indeed.:)Tell us,is the Lee Enfield an Irish contract with the FF stamps?and the Hi Piower,is it slotted for the shoulder stock?

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Enfield falls under the "Irish Contract" serial number range. It does not have the Circle FF.. doubt it was ever delivered.
    The Browning is slotted for the shoulder stock... have that too and will post a pic...has graduated sights to 500yds... only the Chinese could shoot that far with a 9mm :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,475 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I'll swap you a piece of lucky blarney stone for the lot :D.

Trying to trade a blarney stone ... to a Corkman...you got big brass ones...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

I own both a fine statue in New York City harbour, and a very large bridge in San Fransisco.Swop both for those firearms..after all if you move to either places to enjoy your new aqusitions,they are none too keen on firearms in either location..:pac::D

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,475 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Malaga2 wrote: »
    Trying to trade a blarney stone ... to a Corkman...you got big brass ones...:D

So I'll take that as a.. yes? :)

I would obviously need to sweeten the deal on my end. It is not everyday that one can hope to trade for a piece of magic stone.. hows about I throw these in just for good measure...:D
    OldGear.jpg

And possibly these...
    OldGear001.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 00pip00

22 mag any gud for foxes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

00pip00 wrote: »
    22 mag any gud for foxes?
    Nope, it kills them. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Oldie but goodie :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Sparks wrote: »
    Oldie but goodie :D

Thank you, thank you; I'll be here all week. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 00pip00

which to use hollow point or balistic tips

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 caponord

Living in the US and wanting to replicate old FCA days...

Whisper002.jpg

I have to say I am trying to do the same. I just can never seem to burn the roof of my mouth with the hot tea at the firing range like I used to back in the 1980. How much did you get your No4 MKII for. I am looking at one on line for auction currently.

• Advertisement

I bought the Enfield several years ago for $300...good luck finding one for that now.

Advertisement