Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin City Council Grant Application - anyone got theirs yet?

Options
  • 04-08-2008 8:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else still waiting patiently for their application to be posted to them?

I have been in contact twice. The second time way back in July and I was told there was a delay this year in sending out applications. I gave my details on both occasions and still no application form. So, does anyone have any insight on this situation?

Comments

Hrm, there was a thread awhile back with Tzetze saying how s/he has received, um, their application form from Galway County Council. It's absolutely ridiculous if you're still waiting.

Thread from awhile back is here: http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055334984

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Myth wrote: »
    Hrm, there was a thread awhile back with Tzetze saying how s/he has received, um, their application form from Galway County Council. It's absolutely ridiculous if you're still waiting.

Thread from awhile back is here: http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055334984

Aw don't get me started. They jerked me around last year because I didn't have a P60 from the company that I worked with last Summer. They were in the wrong because P60's are only released to staff who are still active members when it's time for the P60's to be released.

*Sigh*

Another phone call tomorrow. It's my nature to be polite too so it's not in me to give them a bollicking, which is what they deserve.

Well make sure to 'politely' enquire tomorrow when is the latest you can have it in for (i.e. beyond the 29th August 2008 official deadline), since you've been asking for it for weeks at this stage, and that your application will be delayed since they haven't sent it out in time.

So I rang this morning, and they said that the applications will be sent out next week. When they said this I asked them if that meant no-one in Dublin has received an application yet and they said that that was indeed the case.

I can't believe that no-one in this region has gotten an application form yet, can anyone verify that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭spaceylou

When you say application form do you mean, brand new application for the first time? In which case I have no idea.....

OR do you mean a renewal form for a grant that you had last year? Cause I'm going straight into my masters having just completed my degree (3 years) and not only did I get my renewal form months ago from Dublin City Council and I have since returned it but I also got another form I requested from them so that I can claim back the expenses for a field trip that I have to go on in September as part of my course....

keep hassling them (politely of course) or if you are in town at all on a weekday maybe drop into them and collect a form in person....

• Advertisement

spaceylou wrote: »
    When you say application form do you mean, brand new application for the first time? In which case I have no idea.....

OR do you mean a renewal form for a grant that you had last year? Cause I'm going straight into my masters having just completed my degree (3 years) and not only did I get my renewal form months ago from Dublin City Council and I have since returned it but I also got another form I requested from them so that I can claim back the expenses for a field trip that I have to go on in September as part of my course....

keep hassling them (politely of course) or if you are in town at all on a weekday maybe drop into them and collect a form in person....

No, I was turned down last year for a grant. I don't know how, my mother is a housewife and my dad is retired. Yet I was still turned down. Yeah so i'm waiting for a brand new application.

It's typical. It seems every year I have problems with them. Last year it was because of not having a P60, when it was impossible for me to get one (Company Policy). This year it's delayed forms.:mad::(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭spaceylou

That sucks.....well at least you know what forms and stuff you need to have ready for them if you went through it last year.....so when they do eventually send out the form you can have everything ready for them - best of luck with it.

Advertisement