Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is cockos reaper free?

Options
  • 04-08-2008 9:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

I'm a bit confused by this. I know there's an evaluation period but they describe it as uncrippled, unexpiring shareware so can you get away with just using it for home use without paying a penny? Surely if it doesn't expire. Does anyone know what the story is with this?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

They're relying on you to pay if you intend to use it past the trial period. They're purely trusting in you to do the right thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

You can get away without paying anything but that in my opinion would be a pretty crappy thing to do. Justin Frankel, the man behind Reaper, has decided to use the trust system without any restrictions. If you want to to rip him off then he won't stand in your way at all. But, as a small independent operator in a sea of giants, he has provided such a good product at such a good price that there is no reason to not pay the man the extremely fair price he his asking. For the record, I'm not insinuating that you intend on not paying for it. But just in case........ give the man his $50!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

frobisher wrote: »
    You can get away without paying anything but that in my opinion would be a pretty crappy thing to do. Justin Frankel, the man behind Reaper, has decided to use the trust system without any restrictions. If you want to to rip him off then he won't stand in your way at all. But, as a small independent operator in a sea of giants, he has provided such a good product at such a good price that there is no reason to not pay the man the extremely fair price he his asking. For the record, I'm not insinuating that you intend on not paying for it. But just in case........ give the man his $50!

$50 is that all? Euro 32?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭sei046

The man is giving people the trust that they always complain they dont have with other companys, its not right ripping him off. What will happen is he will turn into every other company to try and make a living if people dont appreciate his approach

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭krd

frobisher wrote: »

Shop lifting is bad for the Soul! -- (old sign up in a charity shop in Drogheda)

If the guy is operating the honor system, you'd be well to pay the man, or court bad Karma.

Court it if you will. But blame no one but yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Demeyes

It will not expire on you. The personal licence is only €50. Nothing really compared to the price of other DAWs and music software.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

its guilt ware , and the more you use it the more guilty you will feel about not paying him the 40 euro or so it costs , cos its great !

i bought it after a week of trying it , well impressive.

Advertisement