Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for directions

Options
  • 04-08-2008 9:27pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm trying to get from Kent Station to Cotter Street.

Any one know how to do it? Is it walkable?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

It is walkable, I used to walk up that way from the bus station for college. Only about 5 mins from the city centre.

Not sure how much of the City you know so I’ll try and put it as simply as I can.

As you leave Kent station, take a left. Keep walking along that street until you are right across from the Leisureplex. From there, take a left, straight down that street and over the bridge, you will see the bus station across the road.

If you walk over to Parnell place (street between the bus station and Merchant‘s Quay (the building with the Dunnes sign on the side)) and keep going straight down that street and cross over Parnell Bridge at the end of the street

Over the bridge, you‘ll see the City hall on the right and a place called ‘An Cruibin‘ (sp?) on your left, it would be easiest to get to Cotter St. if you cross over to ‘An Cruibin’, from there you keep going the same direction you were going, this is Anglesea street (you will see the fire station and garda station on your left and the district court on your right).

Once you get to the junction, cross over to the Market Tavern (which will be right in front of you). From there, turn right and Cotter St. is the first street on your left.

Sorry that seems a bit all over the place but I hope it helps. Also there is a google map here from a property website if it makes it easier.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Thanks for that. Dont know the city at all so hopefully this will help

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Got a taxi instead and the taxi man got lost.

Hard place to find!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

No worries. :)

Yeah, it is a bit hard to find as it's only a small one-way street. Some mightn't even know the name of the street, only know it myself from passing that way.

Advertisement