Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fleetwood Mac

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Apparently, when the album was being made, Buckingham and Nicks were in a long term relationship which was breaking up as was the McVies marriage. The two girls and the two boys had formed cliques and were not talking to each other. Mick Fleetwood was caught in the middle of all this which could not have been easy for him as his own marriage was crumbling - he had recently found out his missus was playing away with his best mate.

To top it all, the band were all cocaine users - I think Nicks and Buckingham were heavily addicted. Apparently, each day in the studio, there were fistfuls of coke piled up on a table for the band to tuck into at their leisure.

How the album ever got made is amazing. How it was so good is a bloody miracle.

That's the reason it's so good. All the songs were written about each other. The Chain was the only song they worked on together

• Registered Users Posts: 8,404 ✭✭✭BrianD3

I remember seeing a 'Classic Album' type documentary a long time ago about 'Rumours'.
    That is a very good documentary. Another good one is Rock Family Trees which was first shown around 1995. Before I saw this programme I had heard mention of Peter Green it was thanks to the programme that I "discovered" Peter Green.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

yummycake wrote: »
    Who here likes them?

I do.
    It's how easy listening should be.
    Great driving music as well.

Advertisement