Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How fast should my broadband be?

Options
  • 04-08-2008 9:38pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have an NTL 20mb line. When I first got it, at times I would be able to get 1.5mb/sec downloading from rapidshare. Recently the downloads are hovering around 450kb/s, sometimes 700k. Just did a speed test and only getting 3mb

What could this be and how should I try to fix it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

Zascar wrote: »
    I have an NTL 20mb line. When I first got it, at times I would be able to get 1.5mb/sec downloading from rapidshare. Recently the downloads are hovering around 450kb/s, sometimes 700k. Just did a speed test and only getting 3mb

What could this be and how should I try to fix it?

try downloading from around 4-5 rapidshare severs together thats how you will determine ur speed.

Advertisement