Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Lexus ISF

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

It's been there for a while too ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Should we relocate our meeting to Ballybrit and queue up to drive it:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Saw one of them recently in Walkinstown. Don't really like the look of them, also, I wouldn't be keen on spending over €100k on what is really a fancy Toyota.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭markos79

i love lexus cars and the isf is a crackin piece of kit but id still buy a bmw m3 if i had a choice its just in a different league.

max damage i hate it when people say a lexus is an overpriced toyota thats like saying an audi is an overpriced seat ffs.

markos79 wrote: »
    i love lexus cars and the isf is a crackin piece of kit but id still buy a bmw m3 if i had a choice its just in a different league.

max damage i hate it when people say a lexus is an overpriced toyota thats like saying an audi is an overpriced seat ffs.

And I suppose an RS6 is just a fancy Skôda Superb;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

There is another grey ISF knocking around Galway, it passed me at at least 100mph on a dual carriage way a couple of weeks ago. Savage piece of kit, love the wheels, hate the stacked exhausts though.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭alpina

Let it suffer 4 yrs. of depreciation :eek:& then will be a cracking deal as will hold value nowhere near an M3

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

It dont have the pedigree of an RS4 or M3 either IMO.Or even an C 63AMG tbh

alpina wrote: »
    Let it suffer 4 yrs. of depreciation :eek:& then will be a cracking deal as will hold value nowhere near an M3

Great isn't it. You could ahve a 4 year old IS-F for €80k or a 4 year old M3 for €50k.

With the produciton limits on these things compared to Beemers, there's not a hope an M3 could hold up the same value.

Zonda999 wrote: »
    It dont have the pedigree of an RS4 or M3 either IMO.Or even an C 63AMG tbh

Even kids from the wealthiest, most respected families can be drug dealing scumbags.

I don't believe in pedigree unless you want to talk about a dog.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭bazzachazza

Having seen the ISf at the British motor show i was left feeling very underwhelmed i would also go as far as saying i would feel very short changed if i bought one as the styling shows only very few differences between it and the standard car especially in the cabin. The only marked difference i could see was the metal pedals and maybe a few model markings just to remind you what your driving.

Having seen the ISf at the British motor show i was left feeling very underwhelmed i would also go as far as saying i would feel very short changed if i bought one as the styling shows only very few differences between it and the standard car especially in the cabin. The only marked difference i could see was the metal pedals and maybe a few model markings just to remind you what your driving.
    I saw a Glanza with a Lexus badge on it yesterday, It doesn't mean there's a 5l V8 under the bonnet and that's what's important with this car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭VH

ninty9er wrote: »
    rofl!

true, very true

By zonda999s argument cars like zondas dont have pedigree either

Indeed i agree but if i was driving something that was more than Double the standard car i would also like it to look the part not just feel i have paid a HUGE premium for an engine and other bits i hope never to see unless i roll it.

It's a matter of opinion i guess maybe the market there in doesn't want anything in your face
    bc867935.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Worst exhaust layout ever. :(

Even kids from the wealthiest, most respected families can be drug dealing scumbags.

Look at it in terms of heritage anyway.The idea behind the original lexus ls400 back in 1989 was a big comfy car that had a soft ride and excellent refinement.Handling was intended to be useless for the benfit of ride comfort.The idea behind the isf is the opposite of this.It should have great handling and be very LOUD.I'm just not sure your average M3 or RS4 buyer would be interested in a jumped up toyota lexus

I'm just not sure your average M3 or RS4 buyer would be interested in a jumped up toyota lexus
    someone truly into cars wouldnt car much about the badge tbh

the car itself is the most important thing

Look at it in terms of heritage anyway.The idea behind the original lexus ls400 back in 1989 was a big comfy car that had a soft ride and excellent refinement.Handling was intended to be useless for the benfit of ride comfort.The idea behind the isf is the opposite of this.It should have great handling and be very LOUD.I'm just not sure your average M3 or RS4 buyer would be interested in a jumped up toyota lexus

Isn't the former just buying a jumped up MINI and the latter a puffed up Golf?

VH wrote: »
    By zonda999s argument cars like zondas dont have pedigree either

In fairness, the zonda has an AMG engine which gives it some pedigree anyway:D.I dont think anyone would doubt its pedigree tbh, whereas the idea behind lexus was not performance motoring.I really should change my username.My dream car has now changed to a Gumpert Apollo, the 800bhp version, please;)

• Advertisement

Isn't the former just buying a jumped up MINI and the latter a puffed up Golf?

Hold on.A mini is a front wheel drive car aimed at the fashionasti.An M3 is the performance version of a standard car that already has sporting intentions, even in 318i form, it would handle well.Absolutely nothing in common, whatsoever, other than overall owners, that is:D

An RS4 wouldnt have much in common with a Golf either, certainly the next gen RS4 will have nothing in common with a mk6 golf.Audis, in future will be using their own platforms. It certainly wouldnt be jumped up either, the old RS4 from a couple of years back had totally different mechanicals to a standard A4 not a mind a mk5 golf so you'll need to be a bit more specific

Hold on.A mini is a front wheel drive car aimed at the fashionasti.An M3 is the performance version of a standard car that already has sporting intentions, even in 318i form, it would handle well.Absolutely nothing in common, whatsoever, other than overall owners, that is:D

An RS4 wouldnt have much in common with a Golf either, certainly the next gen RS4 will have nothing in common with a mk6 golf.Audis, in future will be using their own platforms. It certainly wouldnt be jumped up either, the old RS4 from a couple of years back had totally different mechanicals to a standard A4 not a mind a mk5 golf so you'll need to be a bit more specific

I think you'll find the same is true of the Avensis and IS-F.

I'm not sure an Avensis could handle the 5.0l

In fairness, the zonda has an AMG engine which gives it some pedigree anyway:D.I dont think anyone would doubt its pedigree tbh, whereas the idea behind lexus was not performance motoring.I really should change my username.My dream car has now changed to a Gumpert Apollo, the 800bhp version, please;)
    Toyota are competing in f1, so.........

I'd have my doubts about a 400bhp golf too tbh:D:D
    That said, i'd much rather have an isf than an avensis with a 5.0l engine.Imgaine that!!YUK!!Thats quite unappealling....

VH wrote: »
    Toyota are competing in f1, so.........

They havent been at that for too long either.I remember they made a load of noise of how brilliant they were going to be but ultimately they have been a very disappointing team, even with Ralph onboard!!I dont think the F1 car is as reliable as a corolla either so..........

TBH if I had to choose between a M5, a RS6, an IS-F or a C63....the RS6 would win, not because it's massively different from an A6 Avant, but because it's a beast of a car and comfortable. The M5 is ugle, the IS-F is a little small to be practical in the long term and the same goes for the C63. I couldn't care less if the RS6 had the same cockpit as long as it did the extra required and had the extra functionality (no blanks on the dash) that you would expect when paying €170k. People buy these cars to be subtle...if they wanted something that stood out they'd buy a SL63 or Gallardo.

TBH if I had to choose between a M5, a RS6, an IS-F or a C63....the RS6 would win, not because it's massively different from an A6 Avant, but because it's a beast of a car and comfortable. The M5 is ugle, the IS-F is a little small to be practical in the long term and the same goes for the C63. I couldn't care less if the RS6 had the same cockpit as long as it did the extra required and had the extra functionality (no blanks on the dash) that you would expect when paying €170k. People buy these cars to be subtle...if they wanted something that stood out they'd buy a SL63 or Gallardo.

The c63 or is-f wouldnt be expected to take on an m5 or rs6 really.The E63 would be mercs competitor and lexus dont make a performance version of the GS, which is also quite small inside for such a big car.I would defintely choose the rs6 too.Cant quite work out, though, why it aint available in saloon form.What logical reason have they??:confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Ninty9er you reply too much! :p

I for one am glad the Japs have finally entered the big leagues, it took a long time. I assume the "agreement" limiting BHP (/CC?) on JDMs is now truely dead and gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I don't know, Audis are probably more jumped up VWs than Lexus are Toyotas these days. Audi share platforms as well as various engines with VWs, Skodas and Seats. Lexus use their own rwd platforms and share a diesel engine from Toyota which we know is crewed for a junior exec saloon.

Maybe the Audi people are just better at pulling the wool over people's eyes than Lexus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

bazz26 wrote: »
    I don't know, Audis are probably more jumped up VWs than Lexus are Toyotas these days. Audi share platforms as well as various engines with VWs, Skodas and Seats. Lexus use their own rwd platforms and share a diesel engine from Toyota which we know is crewed for a junior exec saloon.

Maybe the Audi people are just better at pulling the wool over people's eyes than Lexus.

Thats kinda all $hite now in fairness isnt it?
    Do you know anything about the Audi S and RS line of cars (which is what we are referring to, not 1.9TDIs)? What VW comes in V10 (petrol), Twin Turbos V8/V6s etc etc? Let alone the A8/S8 which is built on its own platform and not shared with anything (not even the Phaeton, its oldschool D1 vs Audi's D3 Space Frame platform).

I dont go for this marque b is just a jumped up marque a as they are all so interconnected these days huge lumps of nearly any car can be traced to another. And even if so, who bloody cares, its the end product that matters.

Advertisement