Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Horse Show - anyone going?

Options
  • 04-08-2008 9:44pm

I imagine a couple of you may be!

What days are you going on? 43 votes

Wednesday
    0% 0 votes
    Thursday
    6% 3 votes
    Friday
    9% 4 votes
    Saturday
    27% 12 votes
    Sunday
    37% 16 votes
    Can't make it :(
    18% 8 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭napoles

I've ticked every box!! Am competing every day except Saturday which is my day off!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭Whyner

napoles wrote: »
    I've ticked every box!! Am competing every day except Saturday which is my day off!!! :)

...and what are you all competing in? I'd love to know what level you are all at.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

I'm just going on the Saturday as I'm working the other days, unfortunately. It'll be the first time in years. There's always the TV, i suppose, though unfortunately they don't cover any showing classes :(

While we're on the topic, how do people feel about the changes that were made to the schedule of the showing classes (ie - that they were changed from the Wednesday to the different hunter classes to separate days with the Supreme Championship on Saturday?)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

I'll be down there on Friday afternoon onwards. Just watching, first timer here. Also hoping to get some good photos during the day. There is a topic on this in Photography forum - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055348566

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Alibear

I'll be there tomorrow, Friday and Saturday :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Im there all wk!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭napoles

convert wrote: »
    I'm just going on the Saturday as I'm working the other days, unfortunately. It'll be the first time in years. There's always the TV, i suppose, though unfortunately they don't cover any showing classes :(

While we're on the topic, how do people feel about the changes that were made to the schedule of the showing classes (ie - that they were changed from the Wednesday to the different hunter classes to separate days with the Supreme Championship on Saturday?)

It's not too bad. I think we're more used to it now after the changes were made last year. A personal gripe would be that my small hunter was on in the very first class of the show (came third) and didn't have his next class again until Sunday afternoon. It's a long time to hang around with a young horse.
    Also, I think it's a bit of a pity that the Working Hunter horses are on so late in the week as it's a big competition and attracts a lot of interest.. Mind you I can't complain - I got a red rosette in that class this year!! :) Still beaming!

Well done Napoles!

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Alibear

Well done Napoles!

Advertisement