Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you be comfortable getting a massage from a masseur?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Alicat wrote: »
    I just adore massages. I'm always getting my OH to rub my back and my head! And he loves doin' it, yay! :D

well send him on a course then you get them for free :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

bluewolf wrote: »
    what are the hot stone back massages like btw?
    they sound interesting but if i was going for a back massage I'd want to know they were really thoroughly getting out the knots I get all over my back and shoulders.

Ht stone massages are heavenly. I've been getting them for about 5 years now, every 6 months or so. The stones obliterate the knots in your back, and kind of smooth out everything else. Highly recommended for all!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I'm constantly surprised by what "weirds" people out.

I go to a masseur every week (sports massage but he works my entire body). Never bothered me for a moment. He's a professional doing a job not copping a feel :)

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

It's natural to feel weird about getting a massage from a male, especially if you're not used to being touched like that by a male. I don't see it being anything to do with sexuality (as some people would). I know I myself would have to get used to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

I have never recieved a proper massage from either Male's or Female's, but I have given them to both.

I generally only massage female's when asked, because they want them more than males.

But I have given alot of male friends Massage's because they know how good I am!!:D I will only do them though if they are in need of one, not just because they want one, that would be just wierd!!!:P

I have no problem touching anyone, even if I hate when people touch, or even get too close to me. But, I really dislike when people think of a massage as a sexual thing. For me, it's about helping someone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

This thread is making me really really want a massage!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I should probably point out that I'm male :p

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

I think it's a given that our evil overlord is gonna be male ! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

I should probably point out that I'm male too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 In Touch

I like a good massage. I play a lot of rugby and do my fair share of Karate. The body can hurt after such sessions but a good massage is the best. I'm ok with my sexuality so if a man does it I am ok with that. I find them much firmer on the body that the women. I find the women are Ok but they can be soft on the tissue. ;);):o:rolleyes:

OP I think you need to be more at ease with yourself. You need to understand yourself more. Search for your inner self and find the you that you are easy with or the one that you tell yourself you are happy with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Well after many months of college i've got my exams next month and will be a qualified masseur after that ( i know i'll pass with a good grade;) ) What i've learned since August though is that not all us males will have a firmer touch, not all females will be gentle either as one or two girls in my group can give deep massage and it feels nice, some of the fellas can be too soft with their hands also. I like to think that i do a good job, any massage i've given in class has been good. Everything is taught in such a way that we know the treatment is always about client, AND therapist comfort. As it stands on an issue of comfort, with regards to the people who do not feel comfortable with the opposite sex massaging them, that is totally your choice and will always be respected from a therapist point of view. Your comfort zone is yours and no-one elses, and dont let them dictate your life:) By the way Ali, how DID the massage go anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Ms_Taurus

its nothing to do with it being sexual its just being in a state of undress with a man, even though they are professionals and they do not look or touch inappropriately some women find it uncomfortable i did now i've no problems, i find the male masuse i use very discreet sometimes being in a state of undress with a female can be awkward

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I just don't like massages full stop. Tried one once and just felt awkward the whole time.
    Don't like being touched by strangers I guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭finbarrk

I just remembered this story from the Sunday Times from last year.

http://women.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/women/relationships/article4628901.ece

Advertisement