Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice Please!

• 04-08-2008 9:55pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 398 ✭✭

I bought a motorhome late last year and though I havent been able to use as much as I liked but overall everything is ok.

However the fuel guage is giving trouble showing 'full' one minute & then 1/2 full the next minute & vice versa so when I need to go anywhere I put in €20& hope for the best. I crawled under it to check out the connection to the tank, its fairly inaccessable & it looks as if I have to drop the tank which (I assume) we're talking lots of €€€€. This isn't strictly a Camper issue but perhaps someone has had a similar experience.

Its an Iveco yr1995 2.5L TD.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Fill it up with diesel, set your trip counter to zero, drive some 300-400 km in mixed conditions, brim it again, work out your fuel consumption.

From then on, zero your trip counter at every fill (always to the brim) and you should know how far you can go.

Cheapest solution to the problem :cool:

Also, the fuel warning light *usually* sits on a different circuit than the gauge, so that might still work ...but don't go testing it without a diesel reserve on board

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 649 ✭✭✭isup

thats good advice, and a cheaper way out, i do this on motorbikes that have no guage

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 398 ✭✭Benny-c

peasant wrote: »
    ...but don't go testing it without a diesel reserve on board

I'll get the wife to push...:D

Thanks folks for the advice.

Benny

Advertisement