Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

m50 freetoll

Options
  • 04-08-2008 10:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭

i am going to apply my usual cyncism here. we have a chance with this new eflow thing. I understand the government have bought out the bridge and are behind the roll out of barrier free tolling.

Etolling evoting hmm sounds familiar. If the gov are behind the technology and the law here they will probably buy the cameras in russia and mount them upside down.

I was going to buy a tag, now I just migh hold off and see how it goes,

So in an unknown warehouse languishes the liffey clock, the evoting machines, and the Isle Of Man aerofoil or jetfoil or whatever, might be enough room in it for an overhead gantry with cameras.

Now your evoting, er actually your not.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

If you want to have a political rant, please take it it to politics (only they don't like rants there either)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭stratos

• Registered Users Posts: 68,910 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Herald's story is inaccurate, end of. There is no way only 30% of the currently on the road cars on the NVDF have correct details because you need the correct address to tax a vehicle - and theres no chance that 70% of cars are untaxed!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

What's your point?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

A) It's the Herald and yuo should know better

B)That's the driver file. They only need the address of the registered owner, which can't be that far wrong considering how often we change cars as a race.

• Advertisement

How do you need a correct address to tax a car ?

My point is the government being a large organisation find it hard to get things right, this may help some people not get charged. thats all.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

stratos wrote: »
    I don't think it was a rant.
    Bit unfair I thought.

I do, and I didn't think so.
    I'm going to close this one as well.

If you're next post is another rant or non motoring related you're out of here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement