Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WPA-PSK & log on issue with new iPhone

Options
  • 04-08-2008 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭

I'm guessing that this isn't actually an iPhone issue, but a network issue. Hoping someone here can help me. My Iphone gives me a list of wifi security options: WEP, WPA, WPA2, WPA Enterprise & WPA2 Enterprise. However, the settings in my normal PC wifi connection state WPA-PSK. Which of these is the one I need to go for and is there anything else I need to be aware of?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

WPA PSK stands for Wifi protected access - preshared key.

So basically you just have standard WPA security. Just choose WPA on your iPhone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭accensi0n

frobisher wrote: »
    I'm guessing that this isn't actually an iPhone issue, but a network issue. Hoping someone here can help me. My Iphone gives me a list of wifi security options: WEP, WPA, WPA2, WPA Enterprise & WPA2 Enterprise. However, the settings in my normal PC wifi connection state WPA-PSK. Which of these is the one I need to go for and is there anything else I need to be aware of?

Havn't used the iPhone but I would assume it would just be WPA and then it will prompt you to enter the "password", i.e. the PSK (Pre-Shared Key)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

I tried that but it tells me it's "unable to join the network."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Is your wireless network limited by MAC address?

Advertisement